or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clarks Desert Boots - Page 435

post #6511 of 6948

All a matter of preference.

 

I personally think the beat up look, which includes the crepe sole darkening and heavy creases at the toe, look great.

post #6512 of 6948
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I haven't had any since High School but I think it is time for this guy to get another pair. I like the classic color and original features. Best of all, they look great when broken in and have some good honest wear.


which colorway is this exactly? im loving the touch of brown lining around the base of the boot.

post #6513 of 6948

"Sand Suede"

post #6514 of 6948
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydrew View Post

"Sand Suede"

interesting! it always seemed to me that sand suede were like almost like a bleached white, these pics must be either very deceptive or I need to see them in person

post #6515 of 6948

Can't believe this thread has this many pages... I've ran through so many pairs of Clarks that have no more than a year of longevity.  The Clark Desert Boot being one of them.  They are great for a few wears, but Clarks don't have long-term durability.  Just my .02

post #6516 of 6948
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExhibitA View Post

Can't believe this thread has this many pages... I've ran through so many pairs of Clarks that have no more than a year of longevity.  The Clark Desert Boot being one of them.  They are great for a few wears, but Clarks don't have long-term durability.  Just my .02

 

Do you have a particularly rough lifestyle with them? I've heard about them lasting upwards of 5 years sometimes.

post #6517 of 6948
I've had my pair of sand suede Desert Boots for over 3 years now and they're still holding together well. I've put them through some rough weather too, including unexpected snow storms and torrential downpours on my bike.
post #6518 of 6948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinglion View Post

Do you have a particularly rough lifestyle with them? I've heard about them lasting upwards of 5 years sometimes.

doubt they get much use, if that's the case.
post #6519 of 6948

ExhibitA is completely off-base.  I've had a pair for three years and they're nowhere near their expiration date.

post #6520 of 6948
Yeah I've had mine for some time now and still going strong. Granted I probably wear them once or twice a week.
post #6521 of 6948

Saw these posted at an earlier time in this thread. Would anyone happen to know what these are called? The main feature that stands out to me is the fact that it has 3 eyelets so I'm assuming they're not desert boots. Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks in advance


Edited by tarudude - 5/17/13 at 1:52pm
post #6522 of 6948

I violated my Desert boots after not wearing them for months. I kinda regret it but I also prefer their shape now. Oh well, they look a bit more manly now, for some reason

post #6523 of 6948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepyn View Post

I violated my Desert boots after not wearing them for months. I kinda regret it but I also prefer their shape now. Oh well, they look a bit more manly now, for some reason



Huh? I've had a pair of DBs that have gone unworn for 2-3 month periods and nothing changed about their shape... WTF happened to the heals on yours, though? puzzled.gif
post #6524 of 6948

I prefer the worn-in over pristine when it comes to desert boots.

post #6525 of 6948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyswatter View Post


Huh? I've had a pair of DBs that have gone unworn for 2-3 month periods and nothing changed about their shape... WTF happened to the heals on yours, though? puzzled.gif

Should have made that more clear, I used a saw to cut of the heels of my Desert Boots because I got bored with them. Yay for making weird decisions..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots