Those have definitely been worn previously, but it looks to be only around the house and even then only probably for an hour or so. Very similar to what brand new ones would look like after a day of wear. You could return for new, or probably just get a partial refund due to them being "open box".
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 432
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6467 of 69763/19/13 at 5:01pmpost #6468 of 69763/19/13 at 6:10pmpost #6469 of 69763/19/13 at 6:28pmpost #6470 of 69763/19/13 at 6:55pmpost #6471 of 69763/19/13 at 7:40pmpost #6472 of 69763/19/13 at 9:57pmpost #6473 of 69763/20/13 at 5:40pmpost #6474 of 69763/20/13 at 9:56pmpost #6475 of 69763/21/13 at 11:21pmso I just bought a pair of the beeswax and it came with a few scratches (might have something to do with the price, $52 on eBay). then I tried to scratch it with my nail and it did leave a scratch mark. is beeswax supposed to be like this? also, the ankle part is kinda "flary", is this normal or the shoes are too wide for me? the length is fine though.post #6476 of 69763/21/13 at 11:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by dan138zig
so I just bought a pair of the beeswax and it came with a few scratches (might have something to do with the price, $52 on eBay). then I tried to scratch it with my nail and it did leave a scratch mark. is beeswax supposed to be like this? also, the ankle part is kinda "flary", is this normal or the shoes are too wide for me? the length is fine though.
Yes, the Beeswax DBs are very prone to scratching and even brand new pairs right out of the box usually have some cosmetic scratch marks. Don't worry about them, they add character and will fade over time, or at least will be obscured by even more scratches.
And yes, it is the nature of desert/chukka boots to be a bit loose around the ankle. As long as the ball of your foot fits snugly in the shoe and your heel doesn't slip, you're fine.
Enjoy your new boots. Beeswax DBs are extremely versatile, and you got them for a great price. Both of your questions have been covered numerous times in this thread, by the way.post #6477 of 69763/22/13 at 12:04ampost #6478 of 69763/25/13 at 9:37pmpost #6479 of 69763/26/13 at 5:46pm
- Clarks Desert Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 1469 Active Users (324 Members and 1145 Guests)
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Just launched a vintage resale website. We sell retro clothing... 1 minute ago
- › Mephisto Poley Chestnut US9 Chicago 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.