or should i just go with beeswax (i feel like everyone wears beewax though..)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 422post #6317 of 69831/18/13 at 10:55ampost #6318 of 69831/19/13 at 12:10pmpost #6319 of 69831/20/13 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by tm1210
I bought a size 10 a few weeks a go and they're too big. Thing is I have to order from the US so no chance of trying them on. I don't know if I should size down 1/2 or 1 full size. I usually take a 9 1/2 in the suede models but these seem to fit bigger.
Is there much a a difference in size as you go down in half's? There's about 2cm space at the front of the boot from my toe.
Same here, ordered an 11US and it was too big (I could slip them off tied) so I sent them back and ordered a 10.5US. They are still a little too big, I got heel slippage in the first week which caused blisters on both feet, apparently they should slip but only a tiny bit, too much and friction causes blisters. I must be a 10US in these boots so I would order a full size down if I was you.
You could downsize by half but find yourself wanting a tighter fit, if you do a full size down the only risk is them being tight and needing breaking in, safer bet is full downsize as going down half a size is for getting that really snug fit 'when you feel the boot fits but you could push it further' that requires two weeks of breaking in to make a 2nd skin. It's like ordering a 30 waist jean size knowing 31 fits fine but you could break that size 30 in to get a real snug fit.post #6320 of 69831/20/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
Well I don't mind suffering a little longer if they will break in. Bottom inside of my right foot was rubbing walking home and that was irritating. No blister but close. And back of ankles are still annoying. Is the leather just going to soften up?
If I size up I feel like I'd still feel the ankle. My toes do have a tiny bit of room so it's not horrible but I would probably size up anyways on my next pair. How many more days of wear should I expect until these get more comfy? They are bushacres I should mention
They will soften up, mine were like that before. My foot actually fell asleep in them once
They feel great now thoughpost #6321 of 69831/20/13 at 11:28pm
Just picked up some Taupe Suede's for a steal price. Was wondering if anyone has sno sealed or obernaufed a pair in this color before? I do plan to wear them this winter and just curious how the suede may be affected. Would it look better, possibly changing the texture and color in a good way? Or should I simply leave them how they are?post #6322 of 69831/21/13 at 12:25ampost #6323 of 69831/22/13 at 12:17amQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
Should there be a break in period? The left boot really hurts the back of my ankle. Can't exactly figure out why, the right one isn't that bad. I have them tied about the same pressure and whatnot. Perhaps I sized down .5 too much. Actually hurts a bit to walk at times. Granted I've only worn them two days.
Yep same feeling when I first got mine. Was so worried I'll get blisters. Just wear them long enough and they'll get quite comfty. Mine was a little snug (took that size according to the salesman's recommendation) but eventually it loosened up to just right.post #6324 of 69831/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6325 of 69831/22/13 at 2:57pmpost #6326 of 69831/22/13 at 3:11pmpost #6327 of 69831/22/13 at 4:25pmpost #6328 of 69831/23/13 at 4:20pm
Im seriously contemplating on getting a pair of 'Clarks Originals Desert Boots - Denim Suede Mens' for close to $130 from amazon. The colour looks cool, providing that 'denim' is different than 'navy', and the sole is supposedly 'synthetic' as opposed to 'crepe', which is a big plus for winter. I can't seem to find this colour-material combination for Clarks Original Desert Boots ANYWHERE else. And that's the major reason why I'm willing to spend the $130. I wanted to run it by the experts here, do they make clarks originals desert boots with synthetic soles? because this is the first I've seen or heard of that. All info online points to Bushacres being the boots with the synthetic soles. I'll put a link to the amazon page below and you can easily notice that it's the only source selling this pair if you google: "Clarks Originals Desert Denim Suede Mens Boots".
I'd like to note, one of the reasons why I think it's a unique colour and material is the pictures the seller has up on amazon. They look significantly different from the Clarks Originals Desert Boots Navy Suede, which I can find for $80 online.
Also: Im planning on getting a pair of Clarks Desert Guard Boots in black, any experiences or input?
Thankspost #6329 of 69831/23/13 at 6:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by mojserkis
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding bushacre 2 vs desert boots. I have a pair of desert boots that I need to replace because I have worn through the sole. I am wondering which of the Clark's boots has a more durable sole. Any help would be appreciated.
I have beeswax bushacres and taupe suede originals. I'd say the rubber sole of the bushacre is definitely more durable. I picked them up because I'm expecting harsh weather the next couple months. But, the taupe is much more comfortable out of the box. My beeswax's have seemed to break in finally so they're both alright now. I don't think the crepe is bad though, I plan to still wear the taupe's since I got a good deal on them.post #6330 of 69831/23/13 at 7:04pm
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 5 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts