or should i just go with beeswax (i feel like everyone wears beewax though..)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 422post #6317 of 69871/18/13 at 10:55ampost #6318 of 69871/19/13 at 12:10pmpost #6319 of 69871/20/13 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by tm1210
I bought a size 10 a few weeks a go and they're too big. Thing is I have to order from the US so no chance of trying them on. I don't know if I should size down 1/2 or 1 full size. I usually take a 9 1/2 in the suede models but these seem to fit bigger.
Is there much a a difference in size as you go down in half's? There's about 2cm space at the front of the boot from my toe.
Same here, ordered an 11US and it was too big (I could slip them off tied) so I sent them back and ordered a 10.5US. They are still a little too big, I got heel slippage in the first week which caused blisters on both feet, apparently they should slip but only a tiny bit, too much and friction causes blisters. I must be a 10US in these boots so I would order a full size down if I was you.
You could downsize by half but find yourself wanting a tighter fit, if you do a full size down the only risk is them being tight and needing breaking in, safer bet is full downsize as going down half a size is for getting that really snug fit 'when you feel the boot fits but you could push it further' that requires two weeks of breaking in to make a 2nd skin. It's like ordering a 30 waist jean size knowing 31 fits fine but you could break that size 30 in to get a real snug fit.post #6320 of 69871/20/13 at 8:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
Well I don't mind suffering a little longer if they will break in. Bottom inside of my right foot was rubbing walking home and that was irritating. No blister but close. And back of ankles are still annoying. Is the leather just going to soften up?
If I size up I feel like I'd still feel the ankle. My toes do have a tiny bit of room so it's not horrible but I would probably size up anyways on my next pair. How many more days of wear should I expect until these get more comfy? They are bushacres I should mention
They will soften up, mine were like that before. My foot actually fell asleep in them once
They feel great now thoughpost #6321 of 69871/20/13 at 11:28pm
Just picked up some Taupe Suede's for a steal price. Was wondering if anyone has sno sealed or obernaufed a pair in this color before? I do plan to wear them this winter and just curious how the suede may be affected. Would it look better, possibly changing the texture and color in a good way? Or should I simply leave them how they are?post #6322 of 69871/21/13 at 12:25ampost #6323 of 69871/22/13 at 12:17amQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
Should there be a break in period? The left boot really hurts the back of my ankle. Can't exactly figure out why, the right one isn't that bad. I have them tied about the same pressure and whatnot. Perhaps I sized down .5 too much. Actually hurts a bit to walk at times. Granted I've only worn them two days.
Yep same feeling when I first got mine. Was so worried I'll get blisters. Just wear them long enough and they'll get quite comfty. Mine was a little snug (took that size according to the salesman's recommendation) but eventually it loosened up to just right.post #6324 of 69871/22/13 at 12:26ampost #6325 of 69871/22/13 at 2:57pmpost #6326 of 69871/22/13 at 3:11pmpost #6327 of 69871/22/13 at 4:25pmpost #6328 of 69871/23/13 at 4:20pm
Im seriously contemplating on getting a pair of 'Clarks Originals Desert Boots - Denim Suede Mens' for close to $130 from amazon. The colour looks cool, providing that 'denim' is different than 'navy', and the sole is supposedly 'synthetic' as opposed to 'crepe', which is a big plus for winter. I can't seem to find this colour-material combination for Clarks Original Desert Boots ANYWHERE else. And that's the major reason why I'm willing to spend the $130. I wanted to run it by the experts here, do they make clarks originals desert boots with synthetic soles? because this is the first I've seen or heard of that. All info online points to Bushacres being the boots with the synthetic soles. I'll put a link to the amazon page below and you can easily notice that it's the only source selling this pair if you google: "Clarks Originals Desert Denim Suede Mens Boots".
I'd like to note, one of the reasons why I think it's a unique colour and material is the pictures the seller has up on amazon. They look significantly different from the Clarks Originals Desert Boots Navy Suede, which I can find for $80 online.
Also: Im planning on getting a pair of Clarks Desert Guard Boots in black, any experiences or input?
Thankspost #6329 of 69871/23/13 at 6:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by mojserkis
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding bushacre 2 vs desert boots. I have a pair of desert boots that I need to replace because I have worn through the sole. I am wondering which of the Clark's boots has a more durable sole. Any help would be appreciated.
I have beeswax bushacres and taupe suede originals. I'd say the rubber sole of the bushacre is definitely more durable. I picked them up because I'm expecting harsh weather the next couple months. But, the taupe is much more comfortable out of the box. My beeswax's have seemed to break in finally so they're both alright now. I don't think the crepe is bad though, I plan to still wear the taupe's since I got a good deal on them.post #6330 of 69871/23/13 at 7:04pm
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 53 seconds ago
- › Which tie for my interview tomorrow? 57 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 08/26/2016 -- DROWN IN BROWN 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Shawl Collar Horsehide Bomber by Epaulet by Thedi Leathers 7 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding