Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 11/29/16 at 6:09pm in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 421post #6302 of 69961/5/13 at 7:18pmQuote:
I typically wear medium hiking smart wool socks when they're clean. Otherwise whatever's clean. Once they're broken in they feel like a comfy shoe more than anything. I wear a 10 in vans and a nine in Clark's with plenty room. I even bought a second pair in 8.5 on accident, wore them for a week until I found my old shoe box realizing I wore 9's.post #6303 of 69961/6/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
You could probably take them to a cobbler with that picture and see what he says. I recall other users saying that they just got their Clark's DBs resoled with something like that after they got tired of the crepe sole/wore it out.
Edited by NorthernTiger - 1/10/13 at 6:17pmpost #6304 of 69961/6/13 at 9:49pmpost #6305 of 69961/12/13 at 4:22pmpost #6306 of 69961/12/13 at 11:48pmQuote:
these are nice... why don't you just buy em?post #6307 of 69961/13/13 at 8:24pmSo I sno sealed my beeswax, let them dry for about 6 hours then put them on to go out. Idk if it takes longer to dry but the creases on them look pretty bad. I guess I was expecting a cleaner finish after the sno seal. Maybe I applied it poorly but the creases stick out from the darker leather of the sno seal. Will post a picture.
What should I do? Would more sno seal on the cracks help or will it just happen again when I walk in them?post #6308 of 69961/14/13 at 5:38pm
Just picked up a pair in beeswax from amazon this weekend. They showed up today, and I tried them on. Something that seems a bit odd to me, but may be normal occurred (I've never owned leather shoes before): the color immediately faded from the flex points as a I walked. This is normal, right?
Reading over this thread, it looks like I should pick up some mink oil to keep them in good shape. Any recommendations on brands?post #6309 of 69961/14/13 at 6:11pmpost #6310 of 69961/14/13 at 6:33pmpost #6311 of 69961/14/13 at 8:55pm
Should there be a break in period? The left boot really hurts the back of my ankle. Can't exactly figure out why, the right one isn't that bad. I have them tied about the same pressure and whatnot. Perhaps I sized down .5 too much. Actually hurts a bit to walk at times. Granted I've only worn them two days.post #6312 of 69961/14/13 at 9:00pmpost #6313 of 69961/15/13 at 4:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by K2793
Should there be a break in period? The left boot really hurts the back of my ankle. Can't exactly figure out why, the right one isn't that bad. I have them tied about the same pressure and whatnot. Perhaps I sized down .5 too much. Actually hurts a bit to walk at times. Granted I've only worn them two days.
Thats it. I wear 9's and accedently purchased a second pair in 8.5. Wore them for about 10 hours straight then realising my feet were wore. Took them off and found i purchased a 8.5 instead. Totally could have kept them and they wouldve broken in just enough to still wear comfortably.post #6314 of 69961/15/13 at 5:44pmWell I don't mind suffering a little longer if they will break in. Bottom inside of my right foot was rubbing walking home and that was irritating. No blister but close. And back of ankles are still annoying. Is the leather just going to soften up?
If I size up I feel like I'd still feel the ankle. My toes do have a tiny bit of room so it's not horrible but I would probably size up anyways on my next pair. How many more days of wear should I expect until these get more comfy? They are bushacres I should mentionpost #6315 of 69961/16/13 at 4:44amI bought a size 10 a few weeks a go and they're too big. Thing is I have to order from the US so no chance of trying them on. I don't know if I should size down 1/2 or 1 full size. I usually take a 9 1/2 in the suede models but these seem to fit bigger.
Is there much a a difference in size as you go down in half's? There's about 2cm space at the front of the boot from my toe.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 43 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Long Wallet For Men? 15 minutes ago
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 20 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...