Sorry, I just didn't know if the sizing of them was a general problem, or not. I'll give them a call tomorrow, and hopefully can get an exchange/return.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 11/29/16 at 6:09pm in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Meermin Dark Brown Country Calf Brogue Boots size UK10 Last post on 2/20/17 at 10:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 410post #6137 of 69969/17/12 at 5:35ampost #6138 of 69969/17/12 at 6:23am
Anyone know anything about the Clarks Vacheresse? The stitching is identical to desert boots but I cant find ANYTHING about them?!post #6139 of 69969/17/12 at 9:46amQuote:the soles ARE NOT crepe like desert bootsOriginally Posted by pinkformen
Anyone know anything about the Clarks Vacheresse? The stitching is identical to desert boots but I cant find ANYTHING about them?!
I believe those shoes you linked use a rubber sole, which is nowhere near as fun to walk on as crepe soles.
The upside is that rubber soles don't get anywhere near as dirty as crepespost #6140 of 69969/17/12 at 10:00ampost #6141 of 69969/17/12 at 10:32ampost #6142 of 69969/17/12 at 11:49amQuote:
Thanks guys! Do the rubber soles last longer than the crepe soles? The price is the difference make right now. Desert boots are 160$ for the beeswax while these are under 90$ for brown leather and in the end the DB would have to be resoled fairly often I would think considering I walk 2-6 miles a day.post #6143 of 69969/17/12 at 12:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by pinkformen
Thanks guys! Do the rubber soles last longer than the crepe soles? The price is the difference make right now. Desert boots are 160$ for the beeswax while these are under 90$ for brown leather and in the end the DB would have to be resoled fairly often I would think considering I walk 2-6 miles a day.
Where on earth would DBs be $160? I plan on getting some crepe soled beeswax ones off amazon for $77...
And any advice on sizing for me as mentioned above would still be appreciatedpost #6144 of 69969/17/12 at 12:44pmQuote:I found my crepe soles to be tougher. The stress point on the heel of the sole for my rubbers are more eroded than my crepes.Originally Posted by pinkformen
Thanks guys! Do the rubber soles last longer than the crepe soles? The price is the difference make right now. Desert boots are 160$ for the beeswax while these are under 90$ for brown leather and in the end the DB would have to be resoled fairly often I would think considering I walk 2-6 miles a day.post #6145 of 69969/17/12 at 1:01pmQuote:
Canada.... I have been searching for the Beeswax (I dont want suede since Ill be out in the rain and a bit of snow at times) and there are no sales for the Beeswax. I have started contemplating going for the Redwing Chukka 3141 instead since they cost more at 210$ though I like them more. I was hoping to find DB for the 100$ range since I keep hearing about people finding them for 65$ or 95$ but so far no dice.Quote:
Really? I didnt expect that. Thanks for the insight!post #6146 of 69969/17/12 at 1:07pmMy guess is that the rubber soles would last longer....but the crepe soles are awesome.
As I just mentioned above, after a few years, my crepe has started to turn sticky (as I have had other rubber-based products do) and while they aren't worn through yet, if it gets much worse, I will be too embarrassed to walk on non-carpeted floors with them since you can hear them sticking to the ground.
I doubt the bushacre soles would do this before the shoe wore out....post #6147 of 69969/17/12 at 2:30pmpost #6148 of 69969/17/12 at 6:46pmpost #6149 of 69969/18/12 at 2:11ampost #6150 of 69969/18/12 at 9:10am
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 seconds ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 33 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 37 seconds ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...