Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 406
Styleforum Top Picks
I tried on a pair of beeswax Bushacres at a DSW store and found them very uncomfortable. The sole had pretty much no padding.
I have a gift certificate there, so I have to buy something there. They charge $80 for the Bushacres and $120 for the Desert boots.
I'd prefer to buy the Bushacres because of the cheaper price and the presumably better durability, but not if they're going to feel like they did in the store. If I bought the Bushacres and put a cushioned insole in them, could they be as comfortable as a crepe-sole shoe, or a normal rubber-soled casual shoe that has padding?
BTW, I also bought a pair of these Land's End Jackon crepe-soled chukkas in dark brown suede, on clearance for $38. http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-jackson-chukka-boot~203389_-1.html Any opinions on them? They look nice to me. I'm not sure how to judge construction quality. I tried them on and they're very comfortable, but I haven't worn them out yet. I need to figure how I'm going to protect them (silicone spray or something else?) I'm a little worried about the durability as I've never had suede shoes before, or crepe sole.
@styletert - I have the lands end boots that you have :) I've worn them 3 times and so far I love them they are very comfortable, only time will tell though how they hold up. as of now they seem pretty decent in quality. I was originally going to get the clarks dark brown boots but I couldn't turn down the LE boot pricing.
I'm thinking about those Land's End Chukkas, and the dark "chocolate" brown color. Should I go for these instead of a full-price pair of Clark's? Keep in mind that I'm considering saving my money for black chelsea boots too, the "Fulton" ones by Land's End.
here, 78.52$ for each :cheer:http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Originals-Mens-Desert-Oakwood/dp/B0031Y6UZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341740026&sr=8-1&keywords=clarks+desert+boots+brown
- Clarks Desert Boots
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › RF Clark Saddlery Briefcase 2 minutes ago
- › Metal aglets? 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 8 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The Contentedness thread 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015