Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 399post #5971 of 69914/16/12 at 10:28pmpost #5972 of 69914/17/12 at 1:12ampost #5973 of 69914/18/12 at 3:35pmpost #5974 of 69914/18/12 at 7:28pmpost #5975 of 69914/18/12 at 7:56pmpost #5976 of 69914/18/12 at 9:39pmpost #5977 of 69914/19/12 at 8:17ampost #5978 of 69914/19/12 at 10:47ampost #5979 of 69914/19/12 at 2:10pmpost #5980 of 69914/20/12 at 9:06pm
Finally got my first pair of beeswax desert boots and I am absolutely in love with them...Now I want to get a 2nd pair of desert boots.
For the folks who have owned or do own multiple pairs, which of the suede versions would you get? It's between the Sand, Oakwood, and Taupe colors. Are the Taupe too similar to the beeswax color or are the Sand too light? I'm thinking of going with the Oakwood since they are kinda in the middle but I really wanted to hear people's opinions. What does everyone think would be the best compliment to the beeswax? Thanks!post #5981 of 69914/22/12 at 10:52pmi would go with either the oakwood or taupe. none of them really look like the beeswax, since they're all suede and the beeswax is leather. i'm personally a fan of the taupe, i think that they distress better than the other types, but oakwood is a very nice color if you take good care of your suede products.post #5982 of 69914/24/12 at 12:18pmpost #5983 of 69914/24/12 at 10:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by shnxramen
i would go with either the oakwood or taupe. none of them really look like the beeswax, since they're all suede and the beeswax is leather. i'm personally a fan of the taupe, i think that they distress better than the other types, but oakwood is a very nice color if you take good care of your suede products.
Thanks for your reply. I ended up going with the oakwood since I wanted something lighter and I am really digging how the oakwoods look. But yea....I'm with you that oakwood suede should be kept clean as possible to make them look nice. I'm sure they'll get dirty fast being suede and all.post #5984 of 69914/25/12 at 7:09amI have worn my desert boots for about a year now but I have been real careful with them and they aren't worn in too much. Should I treat the leather now? Also what should I treat it with? Going through this thread I can't find any specific product reccomendations. It would be nice if there was a guide somewhere on how much different types would change the color.post #5985 of 69914/26/12 at 4:46am
Just trying to figure out the sizing, being an Aussie it is difficult to get right as I don't think any shops near me sell them. I'm in east Melbourne, around shopping centres like Knox and Fountain Gate, if any Australians are out there and know of places that stock them.
I'm a size 9 in Vans LPE's, and I can certainly try on some Chuck Taylors which apparently size the same as the Clarks DB? I'm after the beeswax leather colour, do these fit the same as the suede? And do they stretch out?
I'm guessing I'll have to go for either a size 8.5 or 8, not positive which though.
Also interested if anyone has photos of aged grey leather DB's.
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Tie/Sweater combo advice 2 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren, Caruso and Corneliani Suit and Jackets - 42L/42R 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 16 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 20 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 22 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 22 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...