Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clarks Desert Boots - Taupe Suede - size 9.5 Last post on 10/19/11 at 5:46pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- My Insane Shoe Month Last post on 4/16/11 at 10:40am in Classic Menswear
- US12-13 Opening Ceremony Desert Boots, Red Wing Deck Shoes Last post on 2/26/11 at 9:50am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- ToJ bomber 47L, Desert Boots 9.5, OL 32, Spurr 31, Sugarcane 31, NdG, W+H, n' MORE! Last post on 1/28/11 at 5:41pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Clarks Desert Boots - Page 399
Styleforum Top Picks
Finally got my first pair of beeswax desert boots and I am absolutely in love with them...Now I want to get a 2nd pair of desert boots.
For the folks who have owned or do own multiple pairs, which of the suede versions would you get? It's between the Sand, Oakwood, and Taupe colors. Are the Taupe too similar to the beeswax color or are the Sand too light? I'm thinking of going with the Oakwood since they are kinda in the middle but I really wanted to hear people's opinions. What does everyone think would be the best compliment to the beeswax? Thanks!
i would go with either the oakwood or taupe. none of them really look like the beeswax, since they're all suede and the beeswax is leather. i'm personally a fan of the taupe, i think that they distress better than the other types, but oakwood is a very nice color if you take good care of your suede products.
Thanks for your reply. I ended up going with the oakwood since I wanted something lighter and I am really digging how the oakwoods look. But yea....I'm with you that oakwood suede should be kept clean as possible to make them look nice. I'm sure they'll get dirty fast being suede and all.
Just trying to figure out the sizing, being an Aussie it is difficult to get right as I don't think any shops near me sell them. I'm in east Melbourne, around shopping centres like Knox and Fountain Gate, if any Australians are out there and know of places that stock them.
I'm a size 9 in Vans LPE's, and I can certainly try on some Chuck Taylors which apparently size the same as the Clarks DB? I'm after the beeswax leather colour, do these fit the same as the suede? And do they stretch out?
I'm guessing I'll have to go for either a size 8.5 or 8, not positive which though.
Also interested if anyone has photos of aged grey leather DB's.
- Clarks Desert Boots
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The (hopefully) definitive thread on NYC tailors 20 seconds ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 56 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories