or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clarks Desert Boots - Page 371

post #5551 of 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Jon View Post

Just bought my first pair. It's brown suede. Before I bought it I thought I'll be able to wear it with so many things in my closet, however now I'm struggling to find things to wear it with. I probably shouldn't have went with brown, since I own nothing else that's brown. :(

 

Can anyone give me some tips and/or suggestions of what I should wear my new brown DB's with?

 

Thanks.


Brown goes with everything.
post #5552 of 6815

Seriously, nice denim, dark blue slacks, khakis, etc., you can wear them with anything, that's why they are such a classic shoe/boot, the only factor is the drape of the pants on the boot, here's some inspiration/motivation

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfHLrreTXaU7qGesJZJr5lj2r3IzdFqS-zlqtf8I-hS9asLWbl

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_5XSamjD1PlP_crgm2GwZaF1VBXBSUh42fySppAeQj5TCWrQlsg

heather-gray-old-navy-hat-navy-gap-shirt-red-all-son-jacket-dark-khaki-lev_med.jpg

img0649kt.jpg

 

 

Another variation

6a00d83451cbb069e20120a6de2b49970b-800wi

post #5553 of 6815

DSCN2033.JPG

Denim

post #5554 of 6815
I think those shaved-down heel pics from the previous page have shown us: things look cool on motorcycles.
post #5555 of 6815

cdb.jpg

post #5556 of 6815

So I got two pairs of Desert Boots today (my first two), an oakwood DB and a brown suede Bushache. The Oakwood are a little more light brown/yellowish than they looked in pictures. Does the color wear down over time? What goes well with them? I got the DBs for like $30 bucks so it feels like a waste to return them over color. Any advice would be welcome.

post #5557 of 6815
Anyone picked up the black Mali boots? Thinking about buying and resoling.
post #5558 of 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekTrojan View Post

So I got two pairs of Desert Boots today (my first two), an oakwood DB and a brown suede Bushache. The Oakwood are a little more light brown/yellowish than they looked in pictures. Does the color wear down over time? What goes well with them? I got the DBs for like $30 bucks so it feels like a waste to return them over color. Any advice would be welcome.


Where'd you get DBs for $30? Awesome deal.

The Oakwoods, much like the Sand Suedes, will get that much desired worn-in look. I, as well as many others on here, love how beaten down, worn-in DBs look. Just keep wearing them!
post #5559 of 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Anyone picked up the black Mali boots? Thinking about buying and resoling.

Was just gonna post about this.

Anybody have the Mali boots period? I imagine the sizing would be the same as the standard DB but any info would be sweet.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
251
post #5560 of 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post



Where'd you get DBs for $30? Awesome deal.

The Oakwoods, much like the Sand Suedes, will get that much desired worn-in look. I, as well as many others on here, love how beaten down, worn-in DBs look. Just keep wearing them!


Thanks for the heads up/advice. The boots I got from work (part time at a Macy's), it was a combo employee discount, coupon, and weird clearance deal/mixup in my size. The Bushacre were much more inline with what everyone else pays (minus the discount).

 

post #5561 of 6815
Roll the cuffs once when wearing DB's with khaki's, yes or no?
post #5562 of 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89andy View Post

Roll the cuffs once when wearing DB's with khaki's, yes or no?

Not my look but why not? Fuck all the naysayers. :P
post #5563 of 6815
So I've dropped a few pounds this summer, and my feet have since slimmed up and turned into solid muscular beasts. I'm looking to purchase my first pair of DBs, but not entirely sure about my sizing. From what I'm aware, most people size down 1/2-1 full size on DBs, with their narrow width taken into account. I tried on a pair of beeswax at UO last night, and was surprised to see that (coming from a 10 1/2D back in May) I could easily fit into a 9, with so much room to spare that it was uncomfortable to walk around in them. I could squeeze into an 8, in a very uncomfortable manner, but they didn't have any 8.5's for me to try out. In this case, should I just order an 8.5 and test my luck? Probably going to grab them on Zappos, so returning to find my perfect size won't be an issue in the worst case scenario.

Also, I'm sue this has been answered before- but is there any lighter variation of the dyed leather DB? Specifically, I'd be looking for a boot with the beeswax texture and finish, but with a color similar to oakwood. Think 8 months aged natural leather, for example.

Chris
post #5564 of 6815
^ sounds like the 9 is too big and 8 is too small; why would you not get the 8.5s?

I am normally a 10 and wish I had gotten 9.5s instead of size 10 DBs. They fit comfortably with thicker socks but dress socks leave an amount of wiggle room.
post #5565 of 6815
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrocityVector View Post


Was just gonna post about this.

Anybody have the Mali boots period? I imagine the sizing would be the same as the standard DB but any info would be sweet.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
251

I also need some info on these. are they available anywhere for less than $130?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots