or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clarks Desert Boots - Page 241

post #3601 of 6878
Anyone know where I might locate a pair of Beeswax DBs in a 14?
post #3602 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus View Post
Ok so I searched and read at least 100 pages of this thread before I'm asking this.

How do you take care of beeswax dbs (or leather in general I guess) in the long run? Every pic posted in this thread looks like they are almost new, except for some guy who posted some nice heavily worn taupe suede a while back. I have probably a solid 250 miles worth of wear on my beeswax now. They seem to continuously improve with time, but the leather is beginning to look dry.

I know nothing about shoe care, so whats the best way to handle these? Beeswax? Leather conditioner? Shoe polish? Mink oil? Saddle soap? Nothing at all?

There are definitely pictures in this thread where people have hit them with some Obenauf's but that seems like it takes them too far. I have thought about sno-seal (which is mainly beeswax) but my boots that I have sno-sealed are very different than the DBs...

Maybe a dry beeswax put on very thin and then buffed hard (my DBs don't really feel waxy but my sno-sealed boots do)
post #3603 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
There are definitely pictures in this thread where people have hit them with some Obenauf's but that seems like it takes them too far. I have thought about sno-seal (which is mainly beeswax) but my boots that I have sno-sealed are very different than the DBs... Maybe a dry beeswax put on very thin and then buffed hard (my DBs don't really feel waxy but my sno-sealed boots do)
I have a pair of beeswax wallabees that I've used regular all purpose leather conditioner on. It was a beige/yellow cream and it wasn't wax or oil based. Afterwards, they just looked like the stock picture below, not darkened like the pictures in this thread after obenaufs was used. To waterproof them, I used clear nikwax which had no affect on the color.
post #3604 of 6878
Village Shoes has the navy in stock.
post #3605 of 6878
Any place that has black leather in stock? For some reason I'm not able to find it. Thanks!
post #3606 of 6878
Do you guys clean your crepe soles? If so how? Mine are starting to look disgusting and the black is creeping on the sides.
post #3607 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Marley View Post
Do you guys clean your crepe soles? If so how? Mine are starting to look disgusting and the black is creeping on the sides.

Crepe soles look dirty fairly quickly, not much you can do about it.
post #3608 of 6878
i just let mine be, i dont mind beating to death my clarks
post #3609 of 6878
solution: get the bushacre version of DBs
post #3610 of 6878
How about the black that creeps onto the sides? Should anything be done about that or let it be?
post #3611 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertCamus View Post
Ok so I searched and read at least 100 pages of this thread before I'm asking this.

How do you take care of beeswax dbs (or leather in general I guess) in the long run? Every pic posted in this thread looks like they are almost new, except for some guy who posted some nice heavily worn taupe suede a while back. I have probably a solid 250 miles worth of wear on my beeswax now. They seem to continuously improve with time, but the leather is beginning to look dry.

I know nothing about shoe care, so whats the best way to handle these? Beeswax? Leather conditioner? Shoe polish? Mink oil? Saddle soap? Nothing at all?

I use mink oil, hand rub it in.
post #3612 of 6878
was just browsing oki-ni and saw these P.O.S. clarks for 636.00, WTF
post #3613 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy View Post
was just browsing oki-ni and saw these P.O.S. clarks for 636.00, WTF




Those are hideous.
post #3614 of 6878


Oakwood Suede
post #3615 of 6878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post


Oakwood Suede

Sweet man, got same color. Yours dont seem to have the black coming along the sides from the soles...I'm not sure if I should try cleaning along the sides or leave it as it is.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots