or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clarks Desert Boots - Page 216

post #3226 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
Anyone seen a black leather pair of Clarks DBs? Any other brand make them?

This question
post #3227 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
This question

They have made them I guess, now you just have to find them...this place was sold out. (planet sports?)


post #3228 of 6880
Well, I seemed to have found them. http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/product-is-00111443 contacting clarks to see if i can get them in the US. Otherwise, i'll look for a proxy. Also, will be researching how to dye the crepe sole black.
post #3229 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post
Well, I seemed to have found them. http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/product-is-00111443 contacting clarks to see if i can get them in the US. Otherwise, i'll look for a proxy.

Also, will be researching how to dye the crepe sole black.

Just walk around for a few days...does a pretty good job of turning them black
post #3230 of 6880
Cheap black leather is a terrible idea for a desert boot. Might as well wear your Fonzi jacket with shorts to the beach.
post #3231 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post
Just walk around for a few days...does a pretty good job of turning them black

quoted for troof
post #3232 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Cheap black leather is a terrible idea for a desert boot. Might as well wear your Fonzi jacket with shorts to the beach.

Ha ha.
post #3233 of 6880
Anyone know where to get the "taupe waxy leather" db's that were being carried last year?

I saw a pair of broken in, great looking db's in the wild and i narrowed them down to these. I own and love the beeswax already, but now I want the taupe waxys as well (they are quite different, actually). Problem is, the only place I can find them is bootonline and they only have size 7 adn 13 remaining. I take 9.5.

Any tips / leads?
post #3234 of 6880
Here's my pair of DBs in Taupe Suede. They have about four months of wear on them.

post #3235 of 6880
I've noticed the heels on my boots are wearing down really quickly. Has anybody tried having a cobbler put on some of those nylon heel plates? If so, how did it work out?
post #3236 of 6880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atenhaus View Post
Here's my pair of DBs in Taupe Suede. They have about four months of wear on them.


sweet

taupe > beeswax
post #3237 of 6880
Nice photography.
post #3238 of 6880
Wow, those look great, my pair from endless just came in the other day.
post #3239 of 6880
on the topic of the beeswax - from someone who's had a pair for a while, how much do they stretch out, and how much wear does it usually take? finally got a pair online, but stupidly ordered the US size thinking it was UK, so they're a full size too small (rather than just a half size as recommended).

can't decide whether to keep them or not; on one hand they are disgustingly nice to look at, but they are ruining my little toes something fierce. any ideas?
post #3240 of 6880
Does anyone have any idea how to clean the soles of some DB. I was in the mud with them, and the shit will not come off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Clarks Desert Boots