or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Monk Conundrum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Monk Conundrum - Page 4

post #46 of 138
The Vass in shell are just stellar. The leather is so rich and will only get better.
post #47 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post



These look like hammerhead sharks frown.gif

yeah - they're a bit crazy. Although the photo does make them look crazier than they really are.

Here's a link to more pictures:

http://www.bespoke-england.co.uk/collections/size-7/products/oakham-vintage-cherry-and-pin-grain-tg73
post #48 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post

Lowndes is clownish.  Avoid.

WOW - SERIOUSLY?
The Lowndes is most likely the least expensive Shoe I have (and in my top 3) - i love the look of it on, the feel and comfort, even after 12 hours of wear.
I also love the fact that i beat the shit out of them and they just keep getting better and better. Just sayin'... + The added bonus that you can wear em' with a Suit or Jeans on the weekend.
post #49 of 138
Damn. I think I just got the answer to my question. Thank you sprout. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #50 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthdragon View Post


WOW - SERIOUSLY?
The Lowndes is most likely the least expensive Shoe I have (and in my top 3) - i love the look of it on, the feel and comfort, even after 12 hours of wear.
I also love the fact that i beat the shit out of them and they just keep getting better and better. Just sayin'... + The added bonus that you can wear em' with a Suit or Jeans on the weekend.


Please enjoy your Lowndes in good health, sir.

 

 

sideshow-cecil.jpg

 

post #51 of 138
Go with the Sid Mashburns

350
post #52 of 138
Those Sids are made by C & J, aren't they? They are definitely a well made shoe.

These are a different last than the Lowndes. Probably only available through Sids.
post #53 of 138
Double monks.....I need to get a pair or those.

Regards.
post #54 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Those Sids are made by C & J, aren't they? They are definitely a well made shoe.
These are a different last than the Lowndes. Probably only available through Sids.


 

they look like 337 last Reptons, which is not on the C&J UK order book.  Probably C&J EU/Japan model.

 

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/tutti/item/cro_014/

 

scrap that, price and sole doesn't look handgrade...

post #55 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Those Sids are made by C & J, aren't they?

No they are Alfred Sargent
post #56 of 138
^^^^^^^^ ah, thank you for clearing that up ^^^^^^^^^

I've handled them in the store and I remember they were good quality English benchgrade shoes.
post #57 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post



 
they look like 337 last Reptons, which is not on the C&J UK order book.  Probably C&J EU/Japan model.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/tutti/item/cro_014/

scrap that, price and sole doesn't look handgrade...

I would love a pair of burgundy coloured dub monks.
post #58 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

^^^^^^^^ ah, thank you for clearing that up ^^^^^^^^^
I've handled them in the store and I remember they were good quality English benchgrade shoes.

As I mentioned a few pages back, they're fantastic. Great leather, great color, very comfortable. . . shopped around a few before finally deciding on these.

Also, Gdot, we're trying (half-assedly) to get an Atlanta meet up going. Check out the thread if interested.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/113242/sf-in-atlanta-meetup/240
post #59 of 138

Are we still talking about monkstraps in this thread?

post #60 of 138
Who is "AS"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Monk Conundrum