or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Monk Conundrum
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Monk Conundrum - Page 3

post #31 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post


FTFY
Though you may disagree, the C&J Lowndes is very popular among SF members and is a great looking shoe.


+1 and +1

 

lowndes01.jpg

 

lowndes02.jpg

post #32 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by msart84 View Post

Thank you everyone for the responses so far. Fred, the PS looks interesting. I've never seen it before, but I pass the store everyday on my way to work and will definitely stop in to try it on sometime soon.

 

Kmarotta, how much longer is the toe box on the Lowndes than the Inca? For someone with a large foot (two actually) this may look off (I'm a 12US). When you say the C+J fits a wider foot better, does that mean the last simply has more room?

 

Sprout, what do you dislike?



C&J makes most shoes in an ENGLISH E which  is a US C. Some models are an F (US D) or G (US E) or both widths. They also have a couple of models in a UK D and B (US B and AA)

And btw, all of these UK companies that began making shoes in Northhampton formerly used numbers for the fittings before they changed to letters so they are all aware that a fitting 6 is an F (US D) With everyone using F for their medium fitting, C&J is not going to use E and be the odd man out for no reason or cause confusion. So I wouldn't pay any attention to people on here who keep claiming (wrongly) that a C&J E is a medium.

 

post #33 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post




C&J makes most shoes in an ENGLISH E which  is a US C. Some models are an F (US D) or G (US E) or both widths. They also have a couple of models in a UK D and B (US B and AA)
And btw, all of these UK companies that began making shoes in Northhampton formerly used numbers for the fittings before they changed to letters so they are all aware that a fitting 6 is an F (US D) With everyone using F for their medium fitting, C&J is not going to use E and be the odd man out for no reason or cause confusion. So I wouldn't pay any attention to people on here who keep claiming (wrongly) that a C&J E is a medium.

I think you may want to revisist that statement ......you may find that certain English manufacturers use "E" as the medium and others "F" which all equate to the US "D" medium apart from Trickers who use the number "5"

Others may want to correct me but AFAIK

"E" Lobb EG Crockett
"F" Church Cheaney Grenson Barker
post #34 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post




C&J makes most shoes in an ENGLISH E which  is a US C. Some models are an F (US D) or G (US E) or both widths. They also have a couple of models in a UK D and B (US B and AA)
And btw, all of these UK companies that began making shoes in Northhampton formerly used numbers for the fittings before they changed to letters so they are all aware that a fitting 6 is an F (US D) With everyone using F for their medium fitting, C&J is not going to use E and be the odd man out for no reason or cause confusion. So I wouldn't pay any attention to people on here who keep claiming (wrongly) that a C&J E is a medium.

C&J "E" is the equivalent of US "D"/smallish E width. Them's the facts. The Loake/Church equivalent is "F". Them's the facts. I have both brands in that size FWIW.
post #35 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

C&J "E" is the equivalent of US "D"/smallish E width. Them's the facts. The Loake/Church equivalent is "F". Them's the facts. I have both brands in that size FWIW.

Agreed
post #36 of 137
The howard yount double monks in suede are also very nice

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/shoes/products/cognac-suede-double-monk-strap
post #37 of 137

Triple Monk Conundrum

 

botonimonk.jpg

post #38 of 137
^ A great shoe...for the ostentatious dresser.
post #39 of 137
Those are past my level of sprezz. And I like some pretty loud shoes.

These are currently my favorite pair of dub munks:

G & G, Vintage Cherry and Chestnut pingrain on the TG73 last.

526

Coloring up nicely already. Although I completely understand they won't be to everyone's taste.
post #40 of 137
Vass in Saddle Shell Cordovan on the U last. Unfortunately up for sale at this point.

IMG_2033.jpg
post #41 of 137
I think the Vass double monk could very well be my favorite. Too bad they aren't 40.5 - 41s I would've considered pickin them up
post #42 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Those are past my level of sprezz. And I like some pretty loud shoes.
These are currently my favorite pair of dub munks:
G & G, Vintage Cherry and Chestnut pingrain on the TG73 last.
526
Coloring up nicely already. Although I completely understand they won't be to everyone's taste.


These look like hammerhead sharks frown.gif

 

post #43 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

Vass in Saddle Shell Cordovan on the U last. Unfortunately up for sale at this point.
IMG_2033.jpg

One of my grails...
post #44 of 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by quuz View Post

The howard yount double monks in suede are also very nice
http://www.howardyount.com/collections/shoes/products/cognac-suede-double-monk-strap

They do look great. But if you had to choose between Yount, Paul Stuart, or C&J for Double monk suede, which would it be?
post #45 of 137
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Monk Conundrum