or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Marquez-pacquiao III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Marquez-pacquiao III

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
congratulations Marquez on winning despite being a heavy underdog, odds had manny at -1000 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2 of 15
You have your own sandbox for a reason, jesus christ.
post #3 of 15
....and Floyd's still a pussy for dodging him.
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

....and Floyd's still a pussy for dodging him.
Your glorified puncher was exposed by a 38 year old last night who happened to be a heavy underdog. Too bad you're not even a boxing fan and don't know how to give the big time underdog credit.
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

Your glorified puncher was exposed by a 38 year old last night who happened to be a heavy underdog. Too bad you're not even a boxing fan and don't know how to give the big time underdog credit.

I like how Manny was "exposed" because he had a tough time against Marquez but when Floyd arguably lost to the 35 yo De La Hoya, that Manny subsequently destroyed, it was because "the refs were out to get him".

TyCoon is the purest homer. Non-objective and unable to even attempt an intelligent debate. If he's in this thread, it won't end well.

The bottom line is that PBF has dominated fighters that Manny hasn't, and Manny has dominated fighters that PBF hasn't. To categorically state that PBF will now roll Manny in an eventual showdown because of last night's result is as nonsensical as when people were saying Manny would pummel PBF after he knocked out Ricky Hatton.
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post

I like how Manny was "exposed" because he had a tough time against Marquez but when Floyd arguably lost to the 35 yo De La Hoya, that Manny subsequently destroyed, it was because "the refs were out to get him".
TyCoon is the purest homer. Non-objective and unable to even attempt an intelligent debate. If he's in this thread, it won't end well.
The bottom line is that PBF has dominated fighters that Manny hasn't, and Manny has dominated fighters that PBF hasn't. To categorically state that PBF will now roll Manny in an eventual showdown because of last night's result is as nonsensical as when people were saying Manny would pummel PBF after he knocked out Ricky Hatton.

Learn how to score fights and get back to me, or just keep mumbling on you might get something right.

Let see what Marquez faced coming into this fight:

1) He was old and seen as someone on the decline
2) manny supposedly made improvements
3) the fight was held at a weight unfavorable to Marquez

Given these circumstances manny should have beat Marquez convincingly this time. What ends up happening is Marquez schools him winning 8 rounds this time.

You need to lay off the PBF stuff. He's in your head so bad that you bring him up in a thread to praise Juan Manuel Marquez and talk about last night's fight.

pacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(30).jpgpacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(31).jpgpacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(9).jpgpacquiao-marquez-trilogy%20(8).jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #7 of 15
TyCoon, you're a fuckin' lunatic.

MP won a fight he shouldn't have against a guy who has always given him problems. Posting a picture of Marquez landing punches won't change the outcome of the fight, no matter how badly you might want it to.

I also find it particularly rich that a guy with a PBF avatar who started a separate thread to whine about a Pac victory is accusing me of being obsessed with PBF. If anything, it's the other way around.
Edited by Lord-Barrington - 11/13/11 at 12:43pm
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post

TyCoon, you're a fuckin' lunatic.
MP won a fight he shouldn't have against a guy who has always given him problems. Posting a picture of Marquez landing punches won't change the outcome of the fight, no matter how badly you might want it to.
I also find it particularly rich that a guy with a PBF avatar who started a separate thread to whine about a Pac victory is accusing me of being obsessed with PBF. If anything, it's the other way around.
I'm not the one who's bringing up PBF in a thread to talk about last night's fight and congrats Marquez. What does PBF have to do with Marquez doing so well last night? I think you need to get over him. laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post

But there's no doubt in my mind he [pacquiao] lost that fight.
+1, why you so angry?
post #9 of 15
That was a very, very, close fight, with Marquez landing much more power, and Pacquiao punching in volume, but not looking comfortable. It would have been hard to score most rounds.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

That was a very, very, close fight, with Marquez landing much more power, and Pacquiao punching in volume, but not looking comfortable. It would have been hard to score most rounds.

I still have Pacquiao losing the fight but people who scored it 117-111 like TyCoon are just haters. Manny landed more punches but, as you said, he looked uncomfortable and didn't really hurt Marquez.

I could see the argument for a split decision but the judges who scored it 116-112 for Manny were out to lunch.
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington View Post

I could see the argument for a split decision but the judges who scored it 116-112 for Manny were out to lunch.

I think that they were distracted by the MMA events from earlier in the day.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

congratulations Marquez on winning despite being a heavy underdog, odds had manny at -1000 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

225
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

Your glorified puncher was exposed by a 38 year old last night who happened to be a heavy underdog. Too bad you're not even a boxing fan and don't know how to give the big time underdog credit.

And you are? Jerking off every night to your PBF poster doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than the next guy.
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

And you are? Jerking off every night to your PBF poster doesn't make you any more knowledgeable than the next guy.
at least I can praise Juan Manuel Marquez for doing a great job last night

meanwhile you log onto this forum to tell us how gay you are by talking about how you jerk off to men in a boxing thread. you should share some more of your "boxing knowledge" with us laugh.gif
post #15 of 15
Great fight with Marquez showing everyone just how good he really is. I scored it 7 rounds to 5 for Marquez (115 to 113); I gave Pacquaio the 1st round which is debatable since neither did much.

Marquez consistently landed the crisper shots throughout the fight...I know CompuBox number showed Pacquaio out-landed Marquez, but the more effective shots were landed by Marquez. His left hook to the body followed by a straight right was working well for him.

I think it was a close fight but people have got to realize what Pacquaio is...a great offensive fighter that will have difficulties with counter-punchers who can use his aggressiveness against him. Also, I was disappointed to see Pacquaio throw his double jab followed by straight left combo so often last night...especially since Marquez saw it coming the whole night and simply stepped back as soon as Pacquaio threw the double jab.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Marquez-pacquiao III