or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tying a longer tie?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tying a longer tie? - Page 2

post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

Just tuck the back blade down your pants and slip a tie clip on to hold everything together..

Dont do this.
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHo View Post

just cut the back blade shorter crackup[1].gif

This would work. Just have a tailor fix it so it doesn't look like a battle field stitch job.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

This would work. Just have a tailor fix it so it doesn't look like a battle field stitch job.

I have had my alterations tailor shorten several ties for me and have happy with the results, but it was not cheap.
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDan View Post

I have had my alterations tailor shorten several ties for me and have happy with the results, but it was not cheap.

How much? That's a pretty simple job
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet31 View Post

o tie the tie so the main blade is correct, then I tuck the back blade into my shirt at the 2nd button, i.e. as high as possible, i.e. I have no back blade.

This. Works perfectly, a lot better than tucking inside the pant.
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Yizz View Post

This. Works perfectly, a lot better than tucking inside the pant.

I've dont this before and ya it does work. If you are a sweaty bastard like me its a bad idea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tying a longer tie?