or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Name's Ford, Tom Ford
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Name's Ford, Tom Ford - Page 8

post #106 of 158
since it came up in earlier posts, looks like you can order one of the connery style suits for about a thousand dollars, right from the source-- an interesting read, too.

http://www.anthonysinclair.com/conduit_cut_s/1859.htm
post #107 of 158
Minus vat. 800 for what's seems to be mtm isn't bad at all.
post #108 of 158

I would be cautious - 625 gbp for MTM in Mayfair is low, and they do refer to the product as "special order" - perhaps it's just a stock special?

 

On the bespoke front, from what I've seen in a few videos, the Meyer & Mortimer duo seem to cut their suits (for which they tack on an upcharge to M&M's bespoke price). I would be hesitant to call this the original 'source' for Sinclair-style tailoring, without first learning more.

post #109 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

I don't see any skinny ties.

+1 , what skinny tie? All ties are from Brioni in that movie, no?

post #110 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

+1 , what skinny tie? All ties are from Brioni in that movie, no?

QoS were TF ties. If you are talking about CR then it was Turnbull & Asser and ted baker
post #111 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post


QoS were TF ties. If you are talking about CR then it was Turnbull & Asser and ted baker

In Casino Royale he wears all ties from Brioni? T&A shirts and a pair of Ted Baker linen pants yes, that's it. QoS I know nothing about, so you may have right there.


Edited by Hampton - 7/8/12 at 1:09pm
post #112 of 158
From googling, I still don't see any skinny ties for QoS. And Olga is still delicious.
post #113 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

I would be cautious - 625 gbp for MTM in Mayfair is low, and they do refer to the product as "special order" - perhaps it's just a stock special?

On the bespoke front, from what I've seen in a few videos, the Meyer & Mortimer duo seem to cut their suits (for which they tack on an upcharge to M&M's bespoke price). I would be hesitant to call this the original 'source' for Sinclair-style tailoring, without first learning more.

The Special Order description does say there are 2 fittings.
post #114 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

In Casino Royale he wears all ties from Brioni? T&A shirts and a pair of Ted Baker linen pants yes, that's it. QoS I know nothing about, so you may have right there.

No the suits/dinner jacket from Brioni. The ties were T&A and ted baker. The tie he wore when he first met mathis with the charcoal suit is from ted baker. They ID'ed it over on the james bond forums. QoS almost everything was TF except the shoes which were church's and jeans from levis and a jacket from prada.
post #115 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post

No the suits/dinner jacket from Brioni. The ties were T&A and ted baker. The tie he wore when he first met mathis with the charcoal suit is from ted baker. They ID'ed it over on the james bond forums. QoS almost everything was TF except the shoes which were church's and jeans from levis and a jacket from prada.

Jeans were 7FAM. White pants in Haiti were Levi's though. Always thought those looked good.
post #116 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Jeans were 7FAM. White pants in Haiti were Levi's though. Always thought those looked good.

You are right. The jeans he wore to the opera before finding a perfectly fitting tuxedo were 7's. My bad. Although i think the pants he wore in Haiti were actually white jeans.
post #117 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post

You are right. The jeans he wore to the opera before finding a perfectly fitting tuxedo were 7's. My bad. Although i think the pants he wore in Haiti were actually white jeans.

There, as well as later in Bolivia infiltrating the hotel.

In Haiti they were an older style not produced by Levi's anymore - a 5-pocket type pant, but not a "jean" per say. I want to say it was called the 306 STA-PREST.
post #118 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

There, as well as later in Bolivia infiltrating the hotel.
In Haiti they were an older style not produced by Levi's anymore - a 5-pocket type pant, but not a "jean" per say. I want to say it was called the 306 STA-PREST.

Yup. These ones.
http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/levis-sta-prest-jeans
post #119 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahman View Post

The Special Order description does say there are 2 fittings.

Number of fittings is irrelevant imo. Its how good the person fitting you is, if they get it right the first time its pointless doing 2-3 more, Also on the other side of the scale if they give you 10 fittings but still can't get it right that doesn't work out very well either. That being said he's not saying what they offer is bad he's just saying be careful as its unusually cheap for the area its in.
post #120 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

I would be hesitant to call this the original 'source' for Sinclair-style tailoring, without first learning more.

 

The original source for Sinclair-style tailoring was the man himself, who died in 1992.

 

The "Anthony Sinclair" available today is a brand created/revived by an entrepreneur, who claims to have borrowed one of the original Sinclair Bond suits for inspiration. I have no experience with this firm, and can't make any claims, one way or the other, about the quality of its product. But even an extremely well-executed copy of the original suit is, by definition, not the "original source."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Name's Ford, Tom Ford