or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Selvage Jeans at Target?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Selvage Jeans at Target? - Page 2

post #16 of 79
ITT a bunch of lemmings buy shitty jeans from their local big box store because they have a design feature that nice jeans have
post #17 of 79


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu View Post

ITT a bunch of lemmings buy shitty jeans from their local big box store because they have a design feature that nice jeans have


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post


who fucking cares if they're selvage? what the fuck is wrong with you? a shitty jean is a shitty jean even if there's a stripe on the inside


surprisingly, they're not shitty.   

 

post #18 of 79

^^

guess you calling me a lemming then.  alright, i'm new here, but i guess i'll have to start using the 'block member'  option earlier than expected.

 

just wanted to help by confirming that Selvage=Selvedge;  had to sign up to do so.

i guess non-lemmings have to buy expensive jeans at small-box stores to feel special.  

post #19 of 79

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu View Post

ITT a bunch of lemmings buy shitty jeans from their local big box store because they have a design feature that nice jeans have


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post


who fucking cares if they're selvage? what the fuck is wrong with you? a shitty jean is a shitty jean even if there's a stripe on the inside


surprisingly, they're not shitty.

 

that design feature/stripe is like a by-product, an indicator of how the fabric is loomed.   how it's loomed is what's nice.

but in the end they're still cookie-cutter jeans, right?


Edited by qO ol - 11/12/11 at 10:43pm
post #20 of 79
post #21 of 79
I have a shirt with selvage trim.....is dat da quality chambray?????? eh.gif
post #22 of 79
The ironing of telling people off for buying expensive things while advocating the purchase of goods so that you fit in with that same exact group...

This is some "12 Monkeys"-level trolling here.
post #23 of 79
Get out the irony board.
post #24 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by qO ol View Post

^^
guess you calling me a lemming then.  alright, i'm new here, but i guess i'll have to start using the 'block member'  option earlier than expected.

just wanted to help by confirming that Selvage=Selvedge;  had to sign up to do so.
i guess non-lemmings have to buy expensive jeans at small-box stores to feel special.  

Nice jeans can be had for cheap, there's no excuse for getting shitty jeans from, literally, Target other than sheer ignorance or refusal to do the most cursory research

For example, if you do a little poking around, you can get some Naked & Famous for like $ 75 or so, which admittedly are sort of shitty in their own right, but at least the value's there, whereas these are terrible value and of course there is the implicit shame in wearing, literally, Target jeans, each time you put them on

Once you begin wearing jeans from Target, compromise will seep into every facet of your life. Soon, you'll be able to rationalize eating dog food over human food, because hey, the constituent parts are the same, and it looks similar enough, so nevermind the details of it or dignity issues. Taste might be a little off, but I'm willing to subject myself to this because it's "close enough" but most importantly i think i'm getting such a bargain
Edited by aaaeeeiiiooouuu - 11/12/11 at 11:26pm
post #25 of 79
You're an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu View Post

Nice jeans can be had for cheap, there's no excuse for getting shitty jeans from, literally, Target other than sheer ignorance or refusal to do the most cursory research
For example, if you do a little poking around, you can get some Naked & Famous for like $ 75 or so, which admittedly are sort of shitty in their own right, but at least the value's there, whereas these are terrible value and of course there is the implicit shame in wearing, literally, Target jeans, each time you put them on
Once you begin wearing jeans from Target, compromise will seep into every facet of your life. Soon, you'll be able to rationalize eating dog food over human food, because hey, the constituent parts are the same, and it looks similar enough, so nevermind the details of it or dignity issues. Taste might be a little off, but I'm willing to subject myself to this because it's "close enough" but most importantly i think i'm getting such a bargain
post #26 of 79
at the end of the day you're still flaunting the fact that you're wearing jeans from target
post #27 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpmystyle View Post

You're an idiot.


This is styleforum. I know you want to have a race to the bottom to see who can find the cheapest slave-labor clothing that resembles the sorts of clothing we actually like to talk about, but why don't you take it to one of those message boards for other taste deficient spendthrifts like slickdeals.net
post #28 of 79
5 star thread.

Anyways, nobody really cares about your jeans as long as they fit well, have a flattering cut, and don't have garish pre-distressing/stiching, etc. Most Styleforum members probably couldn't even tell the difference between someone wearing these jeans and someone wearing Skulls or Sugarcanes. Are those jeans better quality? Absolutely. Are they worth the $200-300 difference? That's up for the buyer to decide.

But yeah, most people here would probably die of embarrassment if they were to buy jeans from Target of all places so they should probably stay far away.
post #29 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Get out the irony board.

lol8[1].gif
post #30 of 79


this is a poor analogy because a 3 tire car is not functional, while $40 jeans are functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post


This is like saying a '79 Pinto with three tires is a steal for $100 because it's a car.


 


there's a disconnect in logic here.  the one thing nobody in this thread has explained is "what makes target selvedge jeans shitty?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post


who fucking cares if they're selvage? what the fuck is wrong with you? a shitty jean is a shitty jean even if there's a stripe on the inside


 


this doesn't make sense at all in the context of the thread.  who was telling people off for buying expensive jeans while advocating the purchase of expensive goods?

 Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post

The ironing of telling people off for buying expensive things while advocating the purchase of goods so that you fit in with that same exact group...
This is some "12 Monkeys"-level trolling here.


 


same problem as above, you gotta define why target jeans are shitty if you want your argument to hold weight.  otherwise it's just an issue of branding/groupthink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu View Post


Nice jeans can be had for cheap, there's no excuse for getting shitty jeans from, literally, Target other than sheer ignorance or refusal to do the most cursory research
For example, if you do a little poking around, you can get some Naked & Famous for like $ 75 or so, which admittedly are sort of shitty in their own right, but at least the value's there, whereas these are terrible value and of course there is the implicit shame in wearing, literally, Target jeans, each time you put them on
Once you begin wearing jeans from Target, compromise will seep into every facet of your life. Soon, you'll be able to rationalize eating dog food over human food, because hey, the constituent parts are the same, and it looks similar enough, so nevermind the details of it or dignity issues. Taste might be a little off, but I'm willing to subject myself to this because it's "close enough" but most importantly i think i'm getting such a bargain



one of the only posts that make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Silver View Post

5 star thread.
Anyways, nobody really cares about your jeans as long as they fit well, have a flattering cut, and don't have garish pre-distressing/stiching, etc. Most Styleforum members probably couldn't even tell the difference between someone wearing these jeans and someone wearing Skulls or Sugarcanes. Are those jeans better quality? Absolutely. Are they worth the $200-300 difference? That's up for the buyer to decide.
But yeah, most people here would probably die of embarrassment if they were to buy jeans from Target of all places so they should probably stay far away.


 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Selvage Jeans at Target?