or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › New Car - 2007 Corvette Z06
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Car - 2007 Corvette Z06

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I know its got nothing on a Ferrari, but my dad's new corvette came in today, and it's much nicer than I was expecting. With a 505 hp engine and a time of 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, it's the fastet corvette ever made. To make up for my last car thread, I've attached some pictures (will add more later) and included a link that shows how the car handles Canadian winters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuyQXKjK9M
post #2 of 16
Ah, yes, painfully nice. The first Corvette I've liked since 1967. Very, very, nice. The first Z06 I ever saw blew by me really fast, with the plate '2006 Z06'. Very nice. Need I say that again? Regards, Huntsman
post #3 of 16
Though the price definitely is not 'cheap', that has to be the best performance automotive value on the planet. I love the Top Gear review of it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=pD08MqXOv0c As soon as the snow melts you should 'borrow' it for a bit, and try and re-create the race between the car and the gasoline trail.
post #4 of 16
Wah. I need badly need broadband.
post #5 of 16
The Z06 is one of the very few domestics that I would buy. I can't imagine it being good as a daily driver though. I drove a 02-03, IIRC, for a little while and found the suspension to be pretty jarring.
post #6 of 16
Awful.

Perhaps this is a cross Atlantic cultural issue but I think that the general choice of cars on this forum is poor to say the least.


Ghastly "muscle" cars and generally speaking the sort of vehicle that is favoured by adolescent boys, chav car thiefs and mid life crisis types with deep seated penis worth issues.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonk
Awful.

Perhaps this is a cross Atlantic cultural issue but I think that the general choice of cars on this forum is poor to say the least.


Ghastly "muscle" cars and generally speaking the sort of vehicle that is favoured by adolescent boys, chav car thiefs and mid life crisis types with deep seated penis worth issues.

Get over yourself.
post #8 of 16
"Not the most sophisticated handling in the world, but there's so much brute force... it just doesn't matter" hahaha

Great review from Top Gear (as always)... well, until he started trashing it anyway on all the things that make it a horrible daily driver.

But still. I'm impressed, to an extent.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonk
Awful. Perhaps this is a cross Atlantic cultural issue but I think that the general choice of cars on this forum is poor to say the least. Ghastly "muscle" cars and generally speaking the sort of vehicle that is favoured by adolescent boys, chav car thiefs and mid life crisis types with deep seated penis worth issues.
Actaully my #1 choice of car is a DB9, and I'm certain it only barely trails a Z06 in terms of horsepower and also has four more cylinders. Astons tend to hail from your side of the Atlantic (perhaps debateable in recent times). Yet I don't insult you for driving a Smart; in fact I wish there were more of them and less SUV's over here. It appears to me that whenever you are critical you find a way to employ 'penis' or some variant thereof; 'prong' was one you used that was new slang to me. Perhaps, like prong, it is a cross Atlantic cultural issue, but here we call that sort of thing over-compensating. Good Day.
post #10 of 16
get the caddy xlr for a better suspension and handling, or get a cts-v for more luxury and equivalent power at a better price point. my spousal unit has the v-8 sts without any extras and the power of that thing is surprising with a great ride, handling and suspension. Personally, I am an SUV guy so I prefer the Escalade.
post #11 of 16
If I thought everyone agreed with me I would not bother reading this forum, as there would be no point.

I feel I have made a fair point, some truely awful cars have been posted on this site by their proud owners, just as some awful clothes, films and music have been hailed by their fans.

I have not specified any individual car, other than the one in this thread, though there are many, nor have I criticised any individual, so if I have hit a nerve with anyone, frankly, get over it.

Finally I drive a Smart because it is relatively environmentally friendly and inexpensive to run and its size suits my city centre location. I would be highly amused to read the pretentious nonsense that would doubtlessly be posted to justify some of the horrors beloved by some members of this forum.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonk
I feel I have made a fair point, some truely awful cars have been posted on this site by their proud owners

I'll agree on this point, but this is a clothing forum, and, unfortunately, not everyone is an automobile enthusiast. There are people who simply use the vehicles for point A to point B. That said, I also believe that there are people who are proud of their sartorial choices that a good portion of the people in this community would not be caught dead wearing. People enjoy different aspects of life. Some are willing to accept mediocrity (C6 Z06) over excellence (Porsche Carerra GT) in order to afford a few more pairs of shoes or suits.

My anecdote on the OP's car: I have raced against some C6 Z06's on road courses, and they are absolute monsters. Cheesy or not, you have to respect the absolutely amazing performance, especially considering its price point. Non-Z06 C6's and any C5 or earlier Vette (Z06 or otherwise) are really nothing more than a throwback to an era, but the C6 Z06 is really a special machine. I would never choose one, or even remotely consider it, but I can understand the desire for someone else to make the purchase. Personally, if I wanted a 2 seater sports car for Z06 money, I'd look at the Exige S or Cayman S.
post #13 of 16
I appreciate performance, and I am a sufficienty trained and experienced driver to make a reasonable judgement on these issues, despite never having to opportunity anymore to make any assessment due to a combination of a complete lack of interest (my experience with higher performance vehicles and high speed driving was linked to my former employment, and was simply a tool to facilitate a higher purpose) and lack of opportunity (congested city roads and speed cameras everywhere.

My issue is that I find many of the cars driven by members as incongrous with their clothes and other lifestyle choices. As I said, this must be a trans- Atlantic cultural difference issue, with the vehicles driven being viewed very differently on this side of the Atlantic. Many members who display what I would state was excellent taste in clothes for example, favour cars which would be viewed here as rather tasteless.

There seem to be a number of Top Gear fans here, try looking at the cool wall, to see broadly what I mean. While I do not agree with them on many points, it will give you an indication of what I mean, as a car may be a triumph of of symbiosis between the mechanical and electronic engineer, a miracle of reliability and with breathtakng performance, but it can still be considered "naff", favoured by small boys and most commonly driven by council estate scum in shell suits.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonk
If I thought everyone agreed with me I would not bother reading this forum, as there would be no point.

I feel I have made a fair point, some truely awful cars have been posted on this site by their proud owners, just as some awful clothes, films and music have been hailed by their fans.

I have not specified any individual car, other than the one in this thread, though there are many, nor have I criticised any individual, so if I have hit a nerve with anyone, frankly, get over it.

Finally I drive a Smart because it is relatively environmentally friendly and inexpensive to run and its size suits my city centre location. I would be highly amused to read the pretentious nonsense that would doubtlessly be posted to justify some of the horrors beloved by some members of this forum.

Well, to be fair, I always felt the Smart car to be a model of homogeny.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy
I know its got nothing on a Ferrari, but my dad's new corvette came in today, and it's much nicer than I was expecting. With a 505 hp engine and a time of 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, it's the fastet corvette ever made. To make up for my last car thread, I've attached some pictures (will add more later) and included a link that shows how the car handles Canadian winters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuyQXKjK9M
Nice, congrats to you and your family
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › New Car - 2007 Corvette Z06