or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Terrible Fashion Blog Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Terrible Fashion Blog Thread - Page 17

post #241 of 988
Kanye did this.
post #242 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Kanye did this.

What's ironic is that he dresses like shit, couldn't style an outfit correctly if his life depended on it (he has weird proportions and it doesn't help). Do we really live in a time where saying you love fashion over and over is enough to become a style icon?
post #243 of 988
But he's the voice of a generation.
post #244 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

But he's the voice of a generation.

I must confess I don't know any Kanye songs so I cannot comment on the musical part (yeah I know you're kidding).
post #245 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I must confess I don't know any Kanye songs

wow.
post #246 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

What's ironic is that he dresses like shit, couldn't style an outfit correctly if his life depended on it (he has weird proportions and it doesn't help). Do we really live in a time where saying you love fashion over and over is enough to become a style icon?

I don't disagree but he is at the heart of this explosion in interest in fashion over the years. I think if it weren't for him none of this would be happening right now.
post #247 of 988
Fuuma this is what you're missing out on:

I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?

This in a smash single called "Jesus walks."

Oh, and "they say you can rap about anything" is crammed into the space of two beats (filled by "here go my single dog" on the previous line), making it one of the sloppiest lines I can think of in a popular song.
post #248 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

Fuuma this is what you're missing out on:

I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?

This in a smash single called "Jesus walks."

Oh, and "they say you can rap about anything" is crammed into the space of two beats (filled by "here go my single dog" on the previous line), making it one of the sloppiest lines I can think of in a popular song.

horrid stuff

but some of Kanye's early works were pretty good

post #249 of 988
I dream of a world where radio stations play music about Jesus with the same enthusiasm with which they play music about atheism
post #250 of 988
Kanye's lyrics are so bad..."since OJ had Isotoners" haha.
post #251 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I dream of a world where radio stations play music about Jesus with the same enthusiasm with which they play music about atheism

Listen to american country music radio stations.
post #252 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

Fuuma this is what you're missing out on:

Oh, and "they say you can rap about anything" is crammed into the space of two beats (filled by "here go my single dog" on the previous line).

I like that he crammed it into two beats. Not that I particularly care for the message, but I think its one of his better flowing raps.

He's never been a skilled rapper but he's made some good songs.

Doesn't mean i want to see his pictures anywhere and doesn't mean that I'm not embarrassed by the fact that I know he's having a baby with Kim Kardashian.
post #253 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

Fuuma this is what you're missing out on:

I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus
So here go my single dog radio needs this
They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus
That means guns, sex, lies, video tapes
But if I talk about God my record won't get played Huh?

This in a smash single called "Jesus walks."

Oh, and "they say you can rap about anything" is crammed into the space of two beats (filled by "here go my single dog" on the previous line), making it one of the sloppiest lines I can think of in a popular song.

The Yeats of our times...
post #254 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I must confess I don't know any Kanye songs so I cannot comment on the musical part (yeah I know you're kidding).

How was Tora Bora?
post #255 of 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

How was Tora Bora?

I am sure I have heard Kanye songs in bars and clubs, hell I've seen Kanye a few times at fashion shows and afterparties. I just have never willingly and knowingly listened to one, aside from a video that someone posted here. I've never read Harry Potter or seen the movies either, it is quite possible to entirely bypass something that is very popular if it doesn't interest you. I won't check out 50 shades of grey either....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The Terrible Fashion Blog Thread