Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto - Page 7post #91 of 1094/24/13 at 5:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 1095/29/13 at 8:54pmpost #93 of 1098/27/13 at 12:41pmpost #94 of 1098/28/13 at 6:17pmpost #95 of 10910/9/13 at 1:10pmpost #96 of 10910/13/13 at 5:05pmpost #97 of 10910/15/13 at 6:43ampost #98 of 10910/15/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Just some basic stuff (hemming, letting out of waist of pants). I've gone to Magic Tailor a couple times and he does fairly good work. The guy just makes me uneasy haha. I'll probably go back to him though.post #99 of 10910/15/13 at 11:59ampost #100 of 10910/17/13 at 6:27pmpost #101 of 10910/17/13 at 6:34pmpost #102 of 10910/18/13 at 9:26amAlso, I had Xavier shorten my wife's Brooks Brothers trench coat by 10", shorten the sleeves, and move up the sleeves buckles as well. It was a major job given the detailed construction of BB. I believe that costs $140.
I also had him fix the armholes and shoulders on a suit jacket and take in the crotch of the pants awhile back and he did a good job with that.
I think the difference with Xavier he will listen to what you want and do it, even if he disagrees with you stylistic choice. While with Magic Tailors, my experience is with some more complicated stuff, he leaves it to his own interpretation. Magic is still a good guy and I still go to him for basic work. He's done simple things like fix buttons for me for free. So I'm not bad mouthing him by any means.post #103 of 10911/6/13 at 12:39am
Been doing a lot of researching of Toronto tailors online and it seems that there is much consensus about Magic Tailor. I have a suit with about a 1 to 2 mm snag/hole I would like to try and get repaired by them, plus general tailoring (waist suppression, sleeve shortening and hemming pants). I live in Pickering but have had bad experiences with dry cleaner and store alterations (tip-top tailors) so I'd be willing to take the trip downtown if the work is as good as people say.post #104 of 1092/19/14 at 8:14pm
Bumping this up - any reviews for the dry cleaner tailors within the PATH network? I noticed someone put in a good word for the dry cleaner by Commerce Court North. Anywhere else?
To go to Magic Tailor would be a good 10-15 minute walk one way that would burn a big chunk of my break and is a bit out of my way. Would consider him based off the reviews here as a last resort.
Thanks!post #105 of 1092/20/14 at 6:13am
Magic Tailor sucks! He's rude, didn't understand what a ticket pocket is and doesn't communicate with you.
I've tested a few, and the best is Xavier Custom Tailors. I bring all my stuff to him now and it always turns out well. He listens to what you want, but gives good advice and lets you know if it will turn out well in his professional opinion. Also, if he doesn't think he can work with it, he won't make you waste your money in trying to fix it.
I find that his pricing is quite fair, too. Charged me $60 for adding surgeon cuff's (4 on each side) and shortening the sleeve.
He may be out of your way, but give Xavier a shot.
- Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 24 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 58 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Comparing Brooks Brothers 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...