Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto - Page 7post #91 of 1104/24/13 at 5:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #92 of 1105/29/13 at 8:54pmpost #93 of 1108/27/13 at 12:41pmpost #94 of 1108/28/13 at 6:17pmpost #95 of 11010/9/13 at 1:10pmpost #96 of 11010/13/13 at 5:05pmpost #97 of 11010/15/13 at 6:43ampost #98 of 11010/15/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Just some basic stuff (hemming, letting out of waist of pants). I've gone to Magic Tailor a couple times and he does fairly good work. The guy just makes me uneasy haha. I'll probably go back to him though.post #99 of 11010/15/13 at 11:59ampost #100 of 11010/17/13 at 6:27pmpost #101 of 11010/17/13 at 6:34pmpost #102 of 11010/18/13 at 9:26amAlso, I had Xavier shorten my wife's Brooks Brothers trench coat by 10", shorten the sleeves, and move up the sleeves buckles as well. It was a major job given the detailed construction of BB. I believe that costs $140.
I also had him fix the armholes and shoulders on a suit jacket and take in the crotch of the pants awhile back and he did a good job with that.
I think the difference with Xavier he will listen to what you want and do it, even if he disagrees with you stylistic choice. While with Magic Tailors, my experience is with some more complicated stuff, he leaves it to his own interpretation. Magic is still a good guy and I still go to him for basic work. He's done simple things like fix buttons for me for free. So I'm not bad mouthing him by any means.post #103 of 11011/6/13 at 12:39am
Been doing a lot of researching of Toronto tailors online and it seems that there is much consensus about Magic Tailor. I have a suit with about a 1 to 2 mm snag/hole I would like to try and get repaired by them, plus general tailoring (waist suppression, sleeve shortening and hemming pants). I live in Pickering but have had bad experiences with dry cleaner and store alterations (tip-top tailors) so I'd be willing to take the trip downtown if the work is as good as people say.post #104 of 1102/19/14 at 8:14pm
Bumping this up - any reviews for the dry cleaner tailors within the PATH network? I noticed someone put in a good word for the dry cleaner by Commerce Court North. Anywhere else?
To go to Magic Tailor would be a good 10-15 minute walk one way that would burn a big chunk of my break and is a bit out of my way. Would consider him based off the reviews here as a last resort.
Thanks!post #105 of 1102/20/14 at 6:13am
Magic Tailor sucks! He's rude, didn't understand what a ticket pocket is and doesn't communicate with you.
I've tested a few, and the best is Xavier Custom Tailors. I bring all my stuff to him now and it always turns out well. He listens to what you want, but gives good advice and lets you know if it will turn out well in his professional opinion. Also, if he doesn't think he can work with it, he won't make you waste your money in trying to fix it.
I find that his pricing is quite fair, too. Charged me $60 for adding surgeon cuff's (4 on each side) and shortening the sleeve.
He may be out of your way, but give Xavier a shot.
- Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 44 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 21 minutes ago
- › Alden MTO Forum Group Buy 22 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...