Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto - Page 7post #91 of 1104/24/13 at 5:48pmpost #92 of 1105/29/13 at 8:54pmpost #93 of 1108/27/13 at 12:41pmpost #94 of 1108/28/13 at 6:17pmpost #95 of 11010/9/13 at 1:10pmpost #96 of 11010/13/13 at 5:05pmpost #97 of 11010/15/13 at 6:43ampost #98 of 11010/15/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Just some basic stuff (hemming, letting out of waist of pants). I've gone to Magic Tailor a couple times and he does fairly good work. The guy just makes me uneasy haha. I'll probably go back to him though.post #99 of 11010/15/13 at 11:59ampost #100 of 11010/17/13 at 6:27pmpost #101 of 11010/17/13 at 6:34pmpost #102 of 11010/18/13 at 9:26amAlso, I had Xavier shorten my wife's Brooks Brothers trench coat by 10", shorten the sleeves, and move up the sleeves buckles as well. It was a major job given the detailed construction of BB. I believe that costs $140.
I also had him fix the armholes and shoulders on a suit jacket and take in the crotch of the pants awhile back and he did a good job with that.
I think the difference with Xavier he will listen to what you want and do it, even if he disagrees with you stylistic choice. While with Magic Tailors, my experience is with some more complicated stuff, he leaves it to his own interpretation. Magic is still a good guy and I still go to him for basic work. He's done simple things like fix buttons for me for free. So I'm not bad mouthing him by any means.post #103 of 11011/6/13 at 12:39am
Been doing a lot of researching of Toronto tailors online and it seems that there is much consensus about Magic Tailor. I have a suit with about a 1 to 2 mm snag/hole I would like to try and get repaired by them, plus general tailoring (waist suppression, sleeve shortening and hemming pants). I live in Pickering but have had bad experiences with dry cleaner and store alterations (tip-top tailors) so I'd be willing to take the trip downtown if the work is as good as people say.post #104 of 1102/19/14 at 8:14pm
Bumping this up - any reviews for the dry cleaner tailors within the PATH network? I noticed someone put in a good word for the dry cleaner by Commerce Court North. Anywhere else?
To go to Magic Tailor would be a good 10-15 minute walk one way that would burn a big chunk of my break and is a bit out of my way. Would consider him based off the reviews here as a last resort.
Thanks!post #105 of 1102/20/14 at 6:13am
Magic Tailor sucks! He's rude, didn't understand what a ticket pocket is and doesn't communicate with you.
I've tested a few, and the best is Xavier Custom Tailors. I bring all my stuff to him now and it always turns out well. He listens to what you want, but gives good advice and lets you know if it will turn out well in his professional opinion. Also, if he doesn't think he can work with it, he won't make you waste your money in trying to fix it.
I find that his pricing is quite fair, too. Charged me $60 for adding surgeon cuff's (4 on each side) and shortening the sleeve.
He may be out of your way, but give Xavier a shot.
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 10 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding