Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- A Beginner's Guide to MC. Look here once before posting. Last post on 3/18/11 at 11:50am in Classic Menswear
- Luigi Borrelli Suit - 48 IT ~ 38 US Last post on 12/11/13 at 8:08am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Phineas Cole Suit - 38/32 Last post on 12/11/13 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- New Year Drop! BELVEST Super 150s Navy Blue Solid DB Suit - 52 IT ~40/42 Last post on 1/5/14 at 10:51am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto - Page 7
Styleforum Top Picks
Just some basic stuff (hemming, letting out of waist of pants). I've gone to Magic Tailor a couple times and he does fairly good work. The guy just makes me uneasy haha. I'll probably go back to him though.
I also had him fix the armholes and shoulders on a suit jacket and take in the crotch of the pants awhile back and he did a good job with that.
I think the difference with Xavier he will listen to what you want and do it, even if he disagrees with you stylistic choice. While with Magic Tailors, my experience is with some more complicated stuff, he leaves it to his own interpretation. Magic is still a good guy and I still go to him for basic work. He's done simple things like fix buttons for me for free. So I'm not bad mouthing him by any means.
Been doing a lot of researching of Toronto tailors online and it seems that there is much consensus about Magic Tailor. I have a suit with about a 1 to 2 mm snag/hole I would like to try and get repaired by them, plus general tailoring (waist suppression, sleeve shortening and hemming pants). I live in Pickering but have had bad experiences with dry cleaner and store alterations (tip-top tailors) so I'd be willing to take the trip downtown if the work is as good as people say.
Bumping this up - any reviews for the dry cleaner tailors within the PATH network? I noticed someone put in a good word for the dry cleaner by Commerce Court North. Anywhere else?
To go to Magic Tailor would be a good 10-15 minute walk one way that would burn a big chunk of my break and is a bit out of my way. Would consider him based off the reviews here as a last resort.
Magic Tailor sucks! He's rude, didn't understand what a ticket pocket is and doesn't communicate with you.
I've tested a few, and the best is Xavier Custom Tailors. I bring all my stuff to him now and it always turns out well. He listens to what you want, but gives good advice and lets you know if it will turn out well in his professional opinion. Also, if he doesn't think he can work with it, he won't make you waste your money in trying to fix it.
I find that his pricing is quite fair, too. Charged me $60 for adding surgeon cuff's (4 on each side) and shortening the sleeve.
He may be out of your way, but give Xavier a shot.
- Alterations Tailor in Downtown Toronto
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 32 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 33 seconds ago
- › NWOT STUNNING ARMANI JEANS FAUX FUR STAR PRESENCE COAT 38 R 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoo Porn Theard 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw