or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NO PURCHASE CHRISTMAS CLUB (NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NO PURCHASE CHRISTMAS CLUB (NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2011) - Page 4

post #46 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

25 years of madness...this is what happens when things get out of control....
263
263
467
467
467
467
Please...no questions on makes...it would take too long to type. As I stated in an earlier post, this is what happens when things get out of control....these photos show about half of my wardrobe. I am a sick man. Don't let this happen to you unless you have a stately mansion to store it all (which I don't). It takes me 3 days just to lotion my shoes. This is why I run the No Purchase Club..to help other souls stop themselves from commiting this insanity.
Hope you guys are holding strong on this challenge.



Have you ever considered going to SA? Shoeaholic Anonymousrotflmao.gif

 

post #47 of 84
Thread Starter 
More of an everything fetish, wouldn't you agree?
post #48 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Please...no questions on makes...it would take too long to type. As I stated in an earlier post, this is what happens when things get out of control....these photos show about half of my wardrobe. I am a sick man. Don't let this happen to you unless you have a stately mansion to store it all (which I don't). It takes me 3 days just to lotion my shoes. This is why I run the No Purchase Club..to help other souls stop themselves from commiting this insanity.

eek.gif That's quite a cross to bear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint 
Hope you guys are holding strong on this challenge.

Technically, yes. I happened to stumble upon what I think may be a loophole: I acquired a batch of ties in exchange for a donation to Movember. As such, I paid $0 for the ties ... but I wouldn't have received the ties had I not made the donation. That said, I was looking to sponsor someone for Movember anyway; it just so happens the participant that I chose to sponsor decided to send me a thank-you gift ... biggrin.gif
post #49 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

More of an everything fetish, wouldn't you agree?

It was the number of shoes I really noticed. But it does look like you got a whole spare room as your closet there Man of Lint. biggrin.gif
post #50 of 84
...
post #51 of 84
Can these be exceptions?

Unofficial Australian Style Forum members tie - $27
2 pairs of sports shoes for badminton as my current shoes are killing my heels - $70


Or do I only have $3 left to spend?
post #52 of 84
can i join this mid way through, like an AA meeting.
i just need help now, lol!

and I promise to come to the next no purchase for the following month.
post #53 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

can i join this mid way through, like an AA meeting.
i just need help now, lol!

and I promise to come to the next no purchase for the following month.

Nah beat it..scram!
Sure you can join....and we welcome you to the January-February club in advance. smile.gif
post #54 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

25 years of madness...this is what happens when things get out of control....
263
263
467
467
467
467
Please...no questions on makes...it would take too long to type. As I stated in an earlier post, this is what happens when things get out of control....these photos show about half of my wardrobe. I am a sick man. Don't let this happen to you unless you have a stately mansion to store it all (which I don't). It takes me 3 days just to lotion my shoes. This is why I run the No Purchase Club..to help other souls stop themselves from commiting this insanity.
Hope you guys are holding strong on this challenge.

Hardcore
post #55 of 84
Hey Man of Lint,

I would like to join the club as well. May I start my challenge at the beginning of December

I am going to sell a few stuff and not buy any clothing, I really want to cut down my temptation

Thanks for putting this up
post #56 of 84
Holy molly, MoL. That is crazy. Sell 80% of that stuff, you don't need it.

I haven't bought anything except for a pair of silver-knot cufflinks for 4.99 shipped. I consider that a no-brainer and not a breach of this club's agreement.
post #57 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Hey Man of Lint,
I would like to join the club as well. May I start my challenge at the beginning of December
I am going to sell a few stuff and not buy any clothing, I really want to cut down my temptation
Thanks for putting this up

We are only running the Club until halfway through December.
If you are willing to commit for the January-February Club as well, then join us now.
Really it is a personal challenge we all do for ourselves so all are welcomed to join.
If you need solidarity to stay strong, then be with us, effective now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Holy molly, MoL. That is crazy. Sell 80% of that stuff, you don't need it.
I haven't bought anything except for a pair of silver-knot cufflinks for 4.99 shipped. I consider that a no-brainer and not a breach of this club's agreement.

Hi Ace...that's why I need the NPC too, to stop my own madness. I have enough clothes to last the rest of my life. You're right, I should sell off a lot of it...maybe soon.
post #58 of 84
I had to pickup 1 RL Polo @ $55 and RL madras shirt @ $80. The had 50% store wide sale. But This month I did control my self pretty good considering total amount spend is the lowest for any other months . And also I bought them on 25th and 27th November. So month was nearly over. And also this was RL private sale 50% off.
post #59 of 84
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

I had to pickup 1 RL Polo @ $55 and RL madras shirt @ $80. The had 50% store wide sale. But This month I did control my self pretty good considering total amount spend is the lowest for any other months . And also I bought them on 25th and 27th November. So month was nearly over. And also this was RL private sale 50% off.

This challenge goes until mid-December.
post #60 of 84
So I just made an excel spreadsheet of my purchases this year. I buy items almost always on sale, am happy with 54% of my purchases ultimately, only needed 44% of what I bought, will sell about 45% of what I bought and take a 25% loss or so in this.

Needless to say, I've only had on successful NPC. Going to start next period for sure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › NO PURCHASE CHRISTMAS CLUB (NOVEMBER & DECEMBER 2011)