or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Trussing - Page 3

post #31 of 53
No reason for the feet other than that I like the look. It's very (overly?) traditional. The butter is seasoned with chives, tarragon and parsley, and there is tarragon and parsley in the cavity. It is a chicken. About 4 pounds.
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

No reason for the feet other than that I like the look. It's very (overly?) traditional. The butter is seasoned with chives, tarragon and parsley, and there is tarragon and parsley in the cavity. It is a chicken. About 4 pounds.

I meant what type/brand of chicken plain.gif
post #33 of 53
laugh.gif Riverdog Farm.
post #34 of 53
damn, matt's going all poultry sutra on us.
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

damn, matt's going all poultry sutra on us.

you don't like it, the choked chicken confused.gif
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

you don't like it, the choked chicken confused.gif
i meant that admiringly. i don't think i've ever seen a hen get its feet that far behind its head (or where its head would have been).
post #37 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

i meant that admiringly. i don't think i've ever seen a hen get its feet that far behind its head (or where its head would have been).

I guess you're seeing the wrong hens then
post #38 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

I guess you're seeing the wrong hens then
dude, i've been married for like 35 years.
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

So, thinking of this thread, because it was interesting, here is another, more arcane way of trussing a chicken. The lumps on the breast are not cancer, they are butter under the skin.

So, is there anything better about trussing this way, or is just different?
post #40 of 53
Thread Starter 
easier to roll around in a pan to brown it?
post #41 of 53
Heat's back on so I guess I can roast some more chickens. Will have to try some of these fancy needle based methods.
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm9128 View Post

So, is there anything better about trussing this way, or is just different?

It's a bit fancier. There is sort of a formality hierarchy. This way is called "en entree" then there is "en grande entree" which is never used these days. It's really complicated. I don't think there is a difference as far as how things cook, though. Just how they look.
post #43 of 53
What if we "trussed" with transglutaminase, rather than a needle and thread?
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehkay View Post

What if we "trussed" with transglutaminase, rather than a needle and thread?

wouldn't your hand get stuck on your chicken confused.gif
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

wouldn't your hand get stuck on your chicken confused.gif
again with teh choking chickens jokes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home