or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PREFERENCE: Naturaly shoulder vs. moderately padded shoulder
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PREFERENCE: Naturaly shoulder vs. moderately padded shoulder

post #1 of 56
Thread Starter 
So what say ye? Which do you prefer? Toying with the idea of offering a Benjamin model with a natural shoulder, or would you prefer a moderately padded shoulder like RLBL or current Benjamin models?
post #2 of 56
Natural for my shoulders. They are large as is. Don't need any help there.

Out of curiosity, if you do do a slightly padded shoulder will they also be roped?
post #3 of 56
Natural as well.
post #4 of 56

Naturale. 

post #5 of 56
I think on this forum you will generally see a resounding theme. Me? I think they both have their purposes, although natural is my preference.
post #6 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Natural for my shoulders. They are large as is. Don't need any help there.
Out of curiosity, if you do do a slightly padded shoulder will they also be roped?

Probably minimal to no roping - personally not a huge fan of roping.
post #7 of 56
I like the amount of padding that you currently have; but I'd be fine either way. I'd just like to see more variety in the fabrics on offer (still campaigning for a lighter blue or blue nailhead smile.gif).
Edited by facet - 10/27/11 at 4:30pm
post #8 of 56
Fate did not see fit to bless me with big shoulders, so I like a little padding.
post #9 of 56
Not a huge fan of the natural shoulder. Give me some pad give me some rope!
post #10 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

I like the amount of padding that you currently have; but I'd be fine either way. I'd just like to see more variety in the fabrics on offer (still campaigning for a lighter blue or blue nailhead).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post

Fate did not see fit to bless me with big shoulders, so I like a little padding.

Huh. I have small shoulders myself - I wear a 38R, and I'm partial to the natural shoulder.
post #11 of 56
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by facet View Post

I like the amount of padding that you currently have; but I'd be fine either way. I'd just like to see more variety in the fabrics on offer (still campaigning for a lighter blue or blue nailhead).

Yes - new fabrics coming. Also need to restock basics in certain sizes... man we didn't know there was such high demand for 36S and 38S!
post #12 of 56
Padded or "structured" slightly. I prefer that a suit or jacket add a little definition to the torso. That being said, a natural shoulder is all some need if their shoulders are square or already well defined.
post #13 of 56
Soft/Natural. Like Isaia would be perfect biggrin.gif
post #14 of 56
natural for me but slightly padded for those with smaller shoulders
post #15 of 56
Natural for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PREFERENCE: Naturaly shoulder vs. moderately padded shoulder