or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official POLO Blue Label Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official POLO Blue Label Thread - Page 6

post #76 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandySF View Post

Tony Romo - I can't quite get used to those monster lapels. I'm never sure if they're ahead of the trend, a vintage revival, or a plain old mistake.

I agree with you. Those huge lapels are going to look great sitting in the back of someone's closet next to the 1 inch lapel Thom Browne suits.
post #77 of 421

If anyone has a code I would like one as well

post #78 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

I agree with you. Those huge lapels are going to look great sitting in the back of someone's closet next to the 1 inch lapel Thom Browne suits.

If I buy it now, its because I like it. I don't really follow trends. If I'm buying a wide lapel in a skinny lapel era, why would I not like it later?
post #79 of 421
scored the Quilted Sport Coat !!!!! really should have bought the other casual Quilted jacket too but it looked a bit short
post #80 of 421
btw ive only been buying polo stuff on sale sporadically- couple of shirts, belts, etc. pretty nice gift for a non-big spender @ ralphs
post #81 of 421
Would appreciate a code too if you're not using it. Thanks.
post #82 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

Would appreciate a code too if you're not using it. Thanks.

That suit comes with a vest doesn't it? I've seen it in store as a 3-piece.
post #83 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennonMcCartney View Post

Mention it to a SA and they will give you the discount without the code. I know the staff at the Chicago store are usually friendly and will help you out.

Good to know. I'm going to swing by the Chevy Chase store on my way home tonight and hopefully pickup the Corneliani navy blazer and a pair of Darlton wingtips. Anyone have any luck at that store getting the presale w/o a code, or recommend a SA? Thanks!
post #84 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by nringo View Post

Good to know. I'm going to swing by the Chevy Chase store on my way home tonight and hopefully pickup the Corneliani navy blazer and a pair of Darlton wingtips. Anyone have any luck at that store getting the presale w/o a code, or recommend a SA? Thanks!

I stopped by the Georgetown RL store after work yesterday and a couple of the young ladies of college age sales associates didn't know much about the sale but made up for it by filling-out a RL v-neck sweater very nicely!! nod[1].gif
post #85 of 421
The Rugby sale is great. Their Italian or US made navy blazers are around $200.
post #86 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

The Rugby sale is great. Their Italian or US made navy blazers are around $200.

You can piece together a Caruso suit from their separates for about $400.
post #87 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Romo View Post

I stopped by RL this evening. Although RLBL isn't on sale, some decent deals on PRL sport coats and suits. I'm trying to decide on this suit... grey with a light colored windowpane with big lapels. It's a hacking jacket. It would be about $950 total. Thoughts?
422

Tony are you 40 or 42? There are some decent deals on ebeezle right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-1895-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Wool-Plaid-Bradford-Suit-42L-/370553368391?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item5646b3af47

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-Label-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Wool-Mohair-Suit-40-L-/200639702311?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item2eb70ee527
post #88 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

You can piece together a Caruso suit from their separates for about $400.

Do you know who makes the USA-made tailoring?
post #89 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post

You can piece together a Caruso suit from their separates for about $400.

I just ordered one of the Rugby suits. Its too bad they're all pinstripes and not solids and I'm concerned about the skinny lapels and possible high button point, but if it works out, the price can't be beat. They seem to have a pretty good return policy anyway tongue.gif
post #90 of 421

I'm about a 38L, but this is a 40R that is slightly slimmer and pinned in the back. It's also longer because it's a hacking jacket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official POLO Blue Label Thread