or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official POLO Blue Label Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official POLO Blue Label Thread - Page 26

post #376 of 421
Well, the Sandersons are better than standard AE's imo b/c of the improved burnishing and double leather soles. There also isn't an exact version of the same shoe from AE, although the Player's were similar.
post #377 of 421
RL's order fulfillment leaves a lot to be desired. Ordered on Oct 28 and then got a email it shipped on Oct 31. All week Fedex Home did not show any updates other than expected delivery on Nov 5. Yesterday comes and goes with no delivery. Now Fedex Home shows no info on expected delivery date and RL CS can't find any details either.
post #378 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

RL's order fulfillment leaves a lot to be desired. Ordered on Oct 28 and then got a email it shipped on Oct 31. All week Fedex Home did not show any updates other than expected delivery on Nov 5. Yesterday comes and goes with no delivery. Now Fedex Home shows no info on expected delivery date and RL CS can't find any details either.

FedEx Home is closed on Mondays so they wouldn't have attempted a pick up until Tuesday at the earliest. Then depending on where you are in relation to where your items were shipped from, (and how much you paid for shipping) it could take a week or more if they miss you on say, Saturday.
post #379 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

FedEx Home is closed on Mondays so they wouldn't have attempted a pick up until Tuesday at the earliest. Then depending on where you are in relation to where your items were shipped from, (and how much you paid for shipping) it could take a week or more if they miss you on say, Saturday.

I called RL yesterday and apparently the order got lost during fulfillment and was never handed off to Fedex Home One of the items I ordered is now OOS and the other was reordered for 2nd day delivery at no cost. I haven't had much luck with RL lately as I'm still waiting to hear news about a proxy for the Marlow wingtips which I already paid for. I think this is a sign I need to stop spending smile.gif
post #380 of 421
Well, you know what happens when SF descends upon a store. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of SAs and pullers/packers that quit/suicided sharply increases after an SF PA.
post #381 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I called RL yesterday and apparently the order got lost during fulfillment and was never handed off to Fedex Home One of the items I ordered is now OOS and the other was reordered for 2nd day delivery at no cost. I haven't had much luck with RL lately as I'm still waiting to hear news about a proxy for the Marlow wingtips which I already paid for. I think this is a sign I need to stop spending smile.gif

Won't RL ship the pair from the store to you? I know I've called a RL store before to order something, they shipped it to me in another state.
post #382 of 421
Didn't mean to confuse. My private sale order went missing while the marlows were proxied via someone on SF in another thread.
post #383 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

Didn't mean to confuse. My private sale order went missing while the marlows were proxied via someone on SF in another thread.

ah i see
post #384 of 421
I wish I ordered the marlows during the private sale but I already sent my funds for the proxy. So far a lot of $$ spent with nothing to show for frown.gif
post #385 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikari013 View Post

I bought a Rugby suit during the sale and it doesn't really fit me (a bit too tight), so I thought I'd see if anyone else wants to grab it seeing as they are sold out on the site. So if you missed out on the sale, here's your chance!
Its a made in Italy by Caruso, size 38R in navy with a thin pinstripe with flapped patch pockets and half canvased.
I bought pants in both 30 and 32, so you can take your pick.
Jacket measures 17" in the shoulders and 19.75" in the chest.
Its yours for what I paid ($431.46) + shipping.
e4c53556.jpg

What's the lengh of the jacket?
post #386 of 421
Great sale. I went to town.
post #387 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

What's the lengh of the jacket?

Its 29.5" from the BOC.
post #388 of 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokey07 View Post

Does anyone know if these are Alden or Allen Edmonds? I did a search, but it seems there are conflicting opinions. I need to figure out what size I should be purchasing.
The shoes in question: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4360408
pPOLO2-8353197_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg

I just got those Saunders boots in suede. The suede is somewhat darker and less reddish than the "snuff" that Alden uses, and definitely less silky to the touch. If you were to ask me if Alden made these, I'd be almost certain that they weren't. At the same time, they are unlike any AE I've seen. They look a bit like the Suede AE Malvern, though with only two holes and on a more elegant last.

- Don't have my camera at home tonight; I know a pic would be more useful. Stitching on the sole seems different than the AEs I have. Color finish isn't the natural that AE usually uses. There's a 10-nail pattern (six on the instep side, four on the outside) and a dovetail rubber heel insert. The instep side of the heel has a chamfer, and the heelside facing the waist is curved. None of the typical wheeling around the stitching.

- No serial/model number on the side of the shoe like most AEs either. It's on the tongue. Just the size with the number 815122908 below, and no "Made in the USA" stamp like AE's but the stamped numbers appear to be in a font similar to AE.

- Sockliner on the insole runs 100% of the length of the shoe instead of the typical half with pinking where it's glued down at the waist.


See REguy below.

Size seems TTS, maybe a hair big, but with a stiff double sole I think they'd come in a bit with some breaking in.
Edited by gentpax - 11/11/11 at 1:37pm
post #389 of 421
Bought a shawl collar sweater and my SO a pair of pants, jacket and a poncho all from Rugby. All were made in China. However, I am actually very pleased with the quality so far. Hope it lasts.

Also picked up blue label navy blazer and Marlow pennies in 9.5 for 62% off. Couldn't be more pleased.
Edited by Fraiche - 11/10/11 at 8:03pm
post #390 of 421
The Saunders chukka is made by AE on the 1-511 last. They're the same pattern as the Katmai but finished to a higher standard and with one less set of eyelets. The Sanderson longwing is the AE Williams. Also, AE has started labeling the shoes on the tongue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Official POLO Blue Label Thread