or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › My thought on fashion..and advice on a Timeless winterboots.....Expert opinion needed!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My thought on fashion..and advice on a Timeless winterboots.....Expert opinion needed!!

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I think i start to get fashion now a lil bit....

Today i went downtown browsed shoe stores for some good hours and tried on prolly about 20 pair of diff boots.. some was good, but alot was meh. I had the intention of buying a redwing shoes, But when I tried alot of their shoes.. I find them very bulky and retain too much "Workboot" style. Anyhow, I still bought the 877 because it was unique and had a flare about it. Also because I desperately needed a new pair of shoes since my current pair have of holes in them, which is not pleasant when it was wet outside.


The boot cost about $300 after tax which is quite a lot in my opinion, and I know you some of you guys beg differ. After buying the boots i started thinking about the future of my wardrobe. I wanted to build a serious look..that masculine look, like this..

DC1.jpg

I guess the Clooney Look if you can call it that!


I wanted to build my wardrobe 1 piece at a time....starting at the bottom and I want to start with a nice pair of winter boots. I had a vision of what I want. Nice black/brown laced winterboots. Black fitting peacoat, Dark fitting jeans, some wool scarf... It would exude confidence, and style. THEN those 877 started to look silly... white high sole.. it feels a lil bit like wearing UGGs, I mean Clooney wouldnt wear those... It just wouldnt fit with the rest of the future wardrobe. I know that redwings are a very reliable brand of shoes.. and they are much more workboots then a fashion icon.

now heres is some of the things i learned about while on this forum, there is ALOT of designer out there but a lot of them are not good. their product may look nice( All saints,H&M) but the designer themselves tend to go for whatever look is "in" and then mass produce the style but the item itself wont last, neither will the style... so you kinda become this fashion victim perpetually aimlessly follow fashion wherever it takes you.

Now here is what I want to ask you guys...

where i can i find a nice pair of dark laced boots(6 -8 inches) that will last for a bit, sleek but also is quite good looking(classic/timeless items)??

Please be gentle, I am a student and I do not have too much money to spent!!
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post

I think i start to get fashion now a lil bit....
Today i went downtown browsed shoe stores for some good hours and tried on prolly about 20 pair of diff boots.. some was good, but alot was meh. I had the intention of buying a redwing shoes, But when I tried alot of their shoes.. I find them very bulky and retain too much "Workboot" style. Anyhow, I still bought the 877 because it was unique and had a flare about it. Also because I desperately needed a new pair of shoes since my current pair have of holes in them, which is not pleasant when it was wet outside.
The boot cost about $300 after tax which is quite a lot in my opinion, and I know you some of you guys beg differ. After buying the boots i started thinking about the future of my wardrobe. I wanted to build a serious look..that masculine look, like this..
DC1.jpg
I guess the Clooney Look if you can call it that!
I wanted to build my wardrobe 1 piece at a time....starting at the bottom and I want to start with a nice pair of winter boots. I had a vision of what I want. Nice black/brown laced winterboots. Black fitting peacoat, Dark fitting jeans, some wool scarf... It would exude confidence, and style. THEN those 877 started to look silly... white high sole.. it feels a lil bit like wearing UGGs, I mean Clooney wouldnt wear those... It just wouldnt fit with the rest of the future wardrobe. I know that redwings are a very reliable brand of shoes.. and they are much more workboots then a fashion icon.
now heres is some of the things i learned about while on this forum, there is ALOT of designer out there but a lot of them are not good. their product may look nice( All saints,H&M) but the designer themselves tend to go for whatever look is "in" and then mass produce the style but the item itself wont last, neither will the style... so you kinda become this fashion victim perpetually aimlessly follow fashion wherever it takes you.
Now here is what I want to ask you guys...
where i can i find a nice pair of dark laced boots(6 -8 inches) that will last for a bit, sleek but also is quite good looking(classic/timeless items)??
Please be gentle, I am a student and I do not have too much money to spent!!


 

What's your budget? I would recommend the boondockers from wwii impressions. Solid USA made classic boots, these should last a lifetime and they have a timeless look to them. I can vouch for the proprietor Juan Gonzalez - he answers questions fast.

 

post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
umm about 300-400 MAX..... and I am from canada as well. I cant buy from alot of the shops in the states
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicat0r View Post

umm about 300-400 MAX..... and I am from canada as well. I cant buy from alot of the shops in the states


You can use an international forwarding service to buy from American shops. You register for an American address and the goods are then forwarded to your address in Canada.

post #5 of 11
Well, your Daniel Clooney Craig model is wearing a pair of brogue boots. I agree w/ you about Redwing's white soles. I happened to be looking at couple of pairs of Loakes today, the Burford and the Litchfield, both of which fall within your budget. Even better is A Fine Pair of Shoes discounts them 20% by deducting the VAT and is throwing in shoe trees. If you don't care for brogues you ought to take a look at the Alfred Sargent Selkirk, which is further discounted approx. 45% with this code SF25NOVAT, but shoe trees aren't included. Shipping for a pair of boots will cost you about $40.
post #6 of 11
I also want a pair of wingtip boots, however I have an even smaller budget.

I was thinking of getting these Florsheim Hawleys with Goodyear welted soles for $180 (coupons come up for Florsheim so you can get em even cheaper)
http://www.florsheim.com/shop/style/12085.html
350
post #7 of 11
Is this a parody thread?
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Is this a parody thread?

that was my first thought, there's nothing masculine about that photo at all so i figured he was trolling.
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphextwin07 View Post

that was my first thought, there's nothing masculine about that photo at all so i figured he was trolling.

i'm sure you're just the paragon of manliness
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol 
i'm sure you're just the paragon of manliness

NO U
post #11 of 11
well definitely not
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › My thought on fashion..and advice on a Timeless winterboots.....Expert opinion needed!!