or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How does an SA afford to wear expensive retail clothes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How does an SA afford to wear expensive retail clothes? - Page 8

post #106 of 144
jeff, you win the internet. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #107 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Tony or Gilles?

New of both-though I was in Chicago. The owner of the NYC boutique also owned chicago and d.c.
post #108 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullethead View Post

New of both-though I was in Chicago. The owner of the NYC boutique also owned chicago and d.c.

Arthur... LOL.
post #109 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Arthur... LOL.

152
post #110 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Arthur... LOL.

it was actually a guy named ralph paterno-this was back pre '94
post #111 of 144
no matter what i still get credit for best deal on a tf suit ever! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
$140 for nwt 3 piece!
post #112 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

no matter what i still get credit for best deal on a tf suit ever! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
$140 for nwt 3 piece!

pretty sure Jeff won...
post #113 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

pretty sure Jeff won...

duh, im trying to make myself feel better shog[1].gif
post #114 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

duh, im trying to make myself feel better shog[1].gif

I don't want anyone to feel better....

best deal I ever got was a RL Rugby suit for $200, and one time on RL.com i had 40% off stacked with 25% off and another stack of 15% off on sale items & regular items.. (roughly 62% off) - but I was too poor to buy anything extremely worth it (however I did get some good stuff nonetheless)...On the upside.. its a good thing I don't have a credit card.. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself...
post #115 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

duh, im trying to make myself feel better shog[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I don't want anyone to feel better....
best deal I ever got was a RL Rugby suit for $200, and one time on RL.com i had 40% off stacked with 25% off and another stack of 15% off on sale items & regular items.. (roughly 62% off) - but I was too poor to buy anything extremely worth it (however I did get some good stuff nonetheless)...On the upside.. its a good thing I don't have a credit card.. I wouldn't have been able to stop myself...

There are no moral victories here..........nod[1].gif
post #116 of 144
This thread makes me feel so low......
post #117 of 144

What annoys me is when some, not all SAs act like they are rich snobs just because of the (discounted/free) clothes they wear. I live in Florida and there has been a few times I've been dressed for going to the beach in shorts and flip flops, and ended up stopping at a few stores (won't say names) on the way back. The SAs were really rude to me, and treated me like crap because they thought they were superior just simply because how I was dressed. Yeah guy, I probably make 4 times more than you, and I know everything you're wearing was purchased on discount. Like I said, it's not all of them just some. I don't wear suits to the beach when it's 90 degrees out, and I am not going to go all the way home to change just to make the SA happy. 

post #118 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj555 View Post

What annoys me is when some, not all SAs act like they are rich snobs just because of the (discounted/free) clothes they wear. I live in Florida and there has been a few times I've been dressed for going to the beach in shorts and flip flops, and ended up stopping at a few stores (won't say names) on the way back. The SAs were really rude to me, and treated me like crap because they thought they were superior just simply because how I was dressed. Yeah guy, I probably make 4 times more than you, and I know everything you're wearing was purchased on discount. Like I said, it's not all of them just some. I don't wear suits to the beach when it's 90 degrees out, and I am not going to go all the way home to change just to make the SA happy. 

I think you are at fault here. coming straight from the beach trying fine clothes on? Go home and have a shower first.
post #119 of 144
Well at TF the wages and commission are high. Your talking about arguably the premier luxury retail stores in the world so that makes sense. If you work at Loro Piana, Hermes, chanel or TF your probably making as much as say a Doctor.

That being said though "uniforms" or clothing discounts often aren't all that great at say second tier luxury stores especially given wages. I remember in about 2001 I started working full time on a salary of 10,000 pounds even at discount to buy shoes a suit a couple of shirts and ties I had to spend 1k which is ridiculous. When I was an area manager at Prada about 7 years ago I got three shirts and a suit every 6 months and a pair of shoes every year and I couldn't wear anything else even if I bought it. Generally if you work in a luxury store you either sacrifice a lot of your wages on clothes or you sort of look like shit i(f people actually look closely at you or your shoes). Iv'e always been a bit of a Mod and really into clothes so I always spend a big portion of my income on them and still do.
post #120 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

Well at TF the wages and commission are high. Your talking about arguably the premier luxury retail stores in the world so that makes sense. If you work at Loro Piana, Hermes, chanel or TF your probably making as much as say a Doctor.
That being said though "uniforms" or clothing discounts often aren't all that great at say second tier luxury stores especially given wages. I remember in about 2001 I started working full time on a salary of 10,000 pounds even at discount to buy shoes a suit a couple of shirts and ties I had to spend 1k which is ridiculous. When I was an area manager at Prada about 7 years ago I got three shirts and a suit every 6 months and a pair of shoes every year and I couldn't wear anything else even if I bought it. Generally if you work in a luxury store you either sacrifice a lot of your wages on clothes or you sort of look like shit i(f people actually look closely at you or your shoes). Iv'e always been a bit of a Mod and really into clothes so I always spend a big portion of my income on them and still do.

Wow, thats amazing. I would be kicking myself if I went to medical school and shopped at TF.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How does an SA afford to wear expensive retail clothes?