or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style - Page 47

post #691 of 855

Euro only, with rirawin's free proxy being your best option of getting your jawnz to the US.

 

COS is supposed to be opening up shop in the US during in the 2014 year but who knows

post #692 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcb33 View Post

Does anyone own or tried on the Cashmere Wool pants?

http://www.cosstores.com/Shop/Men/Trousers/Cashmere_wool_trousers/46905-2406811.1#c-24481

I'm new to COS and never owned anything from them before, but the cashmere wool pant look like it will match my AV Haedn perfectly. I'm a pretty standard 34"/ 50 waist but I have large thighs so I'm concern about the fit of these though the thigh and seat. Their sizing guide doesn't really help, so I was hoping someone could offer there advice on this model pant?

Like benjaminba earlier in the thread, I found that the cashmere pants were not slim enough. Maybe I should have sized down, but I liked the tapered wool mix trousers better. Also I went in to try on the technical coat but ended up getting the navy wool bomber.
post #693 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by mes123 View Post

Also I went in to try on the technical coat but ended up getting the navy wool bomber.

 

Pics please brother

post #694 of 855
The wool/cashmere coat is really nice, felt pretty similar to a Raf coat I tried many seasons ago. Ended up not buying it since it was a bit expensive for being COS imho.
post #695 of 855
i've asked a couple times, but if you've got experience with COS sizing, can you lay out the deets? ie. your height / weight / typical size, and what you might grab at COS, etc.

i'm 6'0, 145lbs, typically 48 but the couple COS pieces i own in 48 are definitely on the slim / small size. i prefer a slightly slouchier look.

right now i'm looking at the jersey bomber and the structured knit cardigan in particular.

thanks!
post #696 of 855
bad pic of technical coat for those who asked (didn't do up the tech layer because it was really hot in the changing room).i am 5'11 and 170 with broad shoulders, coat is a 48.


Edited by robinsongreen68 - 10/15/13 at 1:32pm
post #697 of 855
Solid robot pose haha, but the 48 looks pretty slim on you (if not a hair long in the sleeves). Does it fit as slim as it looks?
post #698 of 855
total robot pose, haha. but honestly i think the fit is 'regular to slightly oversized' on me, although that's probably how it's supposed to fit ie slightly drapey. also i am wearing ocbd + mid weight sweater. i could easily wear a 46 with just one layer underneath if i wanted a slim fit.

found another pic that might better illustrate what i'm saying

post #699 of 855
Yea it doesn't look as good from that angle. Maybe 46 would be better
post #700 of 855
That doesn't sound too good, I'm a slim 46 and I hope the 46 will fit me somehow. Whatever, I ordered it, I'l see.
post #701 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5354 View Post
 

Maybe it's just me, but for what I'm paying, I'd expect less acrylic in the materials.

Thank you for your opinion! Would you say it is too expensive for what it is? I'm still looking for a nice knit.

 

Being honest, I don't like 39% acrylic either, but 79 euros is relatively cheap price and it doesn't look something you'll find elsewhere cheaper. Does acrylic mix knits feel itchy? Asking because, I don't own anything that is acrylic made/mix. 

 

I've seen Stephan Schneider using 50% acrylic mixes, so using acrylic isn't very unusual. Is there any other reason using acrylic than the price?

post #702 of 855

robinsongreen68 that's a nice coat. I really like the color and how minimalistic it is. You should get it! :)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Yea it doesn't look as good from that angle. Maybe 46 would be better

I see your point. However, it is outerwear, so it's useful if there's some room for layering. 

 

I have the hooded wool jacket in a 46 as my fall/winter wool jacket. Wore it yesterday and it's the best thing I've bought from COS. Fit is nice, because I'm just 5'6" and there's no room for proper layering. I can only wear long sleeve t-shirts under or it won't button up. 48 would be so much more pratical. =)

post #703 of 855
anyone handled the silk back cardigan or contrast front jacket?

silk back cardi




contrast front jacket





also, what's sizing like on the cotton flannel shirt? can't imagine sizing is literal in inches (ie, upper end of 43 means I'm screwed at a size 44/45 jacket)

and for trousers, with an actual 36" waist, I'd probably be a 52 in these?
post #704 of 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by djt00 View Post
 

Thank you for your opinion! Would you say it is too expensive for what it is? I'm still looking for a nice knit.

 

Being honest, I don't like 39% acrylic either, but 79 euros is relatively cheap price and it doesn't look something you'll find elsewhere cheaper. Does acrylic mix knits feel itchy? Asking because, I don't own anything that is acrylic made/mix. 

 

I've seen Stephan Schneider using 50% acrylic mixes, so using acrylic isn't very unusual. Is there any other reason using acrylic than the price?

 

For what it's worth I have some H&M t-shirts lying around that have acrylic in them, and after a couple of washes, the material feels hard. It's difficult to describe but it's almost as if the t-shirt stiffened up and lost its softness. Not sure if that's always the case, but that has been my experience. As far as alternatives, I can't really help you there; you might want to check out APC when it's on sale.

 

I guess me being a student means that I try to conserve where ever possible so if the product is 90% of what I expect it to be, I don't bother with a purchase. That's also why I tend to inquire a lot before I make my purchases.

post #705 of 855

I think acrylic has come a long way from the kind of fibre that gave it a bad name however many years ago, and like anything you can get different qualities within the same fibre.  Still not a fan of it being used though... and was surprised to see so much of it in that knit.  I think i still might get it and see what it's like - really like the high neck and kimono sleeves.  I'd just be worried about it loosing its shape, but if you're careful with washing it might be fine.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by superego View Post

also, what's sizing like on the cotton flannel shirt? can't imagine sizing is literal in inches (ie, upper end of 43 means I'm screwed at a size 44/45 jacket)

 

The numbers just equate to collar size so the 37 is a 14.5" and the 43 is 17". If you click the size guide tab it tells you there.  Those will just be the standard COS sizing rather than item specific but i would say the flannel shirt is a pretty standard fit so they won't be far off.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style