or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Swap Box #2 Idea
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tie Swap Box #2 Idea - Page 43

post #631 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

You should start a brand only box.
RLPL
Borrelli
Attolini
Drakes
Kent Wang
Panta
etc... cap it at 10 makers that are broad enough to work.

i'd just say individual trades are better. less mess.
post #632 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

i'd just say individual trades are better. less mess.

We did pretty well fistbump.gif
post #633 of 642
Would any number of the ties in this thread be worth trading for the Brioni?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/284768/assorted-ties-mild-to-wild-bb-prl-fendi-ties-with-bears-on-them/0_50
post #634 of 642
I think the only way to get a good swap is to have everyone list the ties they're going to put in and bring up objections. And none of this fucking "well, it's a nice tie, but too wild for me but one of you can use it" crap. Brand restricted, no old/obviously thrifted ties, and a strict one-for-one policy. 2 mediocre ties do not make up for one good tie.
post #635 of 642
Thread Starter 
I know it's been a really long time but what ever happened to the contents of this box? Still sitting in someones closet? Goodwill? Slowly incorporated into someones collection? Anyone know?
post #636 of 642
Still sitting in my closet. Just thought about it this morning! Was considering sending it to Spoo for LuxeSwapping, but not sure what to do with proceeds if I did that.
post #637 of 642
Thread Starter 
Just a suggestion, but at this point why don't you allow whoever participated in the swap to pick a tie if they want (first come, first serve), pay for their own shipping (probably flat rate tyvec envelopes) and just donate the rest to a thrift shop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Still sitting in my closet. Just thought about it this morning! Was considering sending it to Spoo for LuxeSwapping, but not sure what to do with proceeds if I did that.
post #638 of 642
The generally predictable, downward trajectory of the quality of both TSBs provided a compelling, if sad, commentary on human nature. An economist could have a field day studying these experiments.
post #639 of 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactme_11 View Post

Just a suggestion, but at this point why don't you allow whoever participated in the swap to pick a tie if they want (first come, first serve), pay for their own shipping (probably flat rate tyvec envelopes) and just donate the rest to a thrift shop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Still sitting in my closet. Just thought about it this morning! Was considering sending it to Spoo for LuxeSwapping, but not sure what to do with proceeds if I did that.

To be honest, I'm not really keen on piecing out the ties and going to the post office multiple times as people decide they want one.

How 'bout I send them to Spoo for LuxeSwapping, and we donate the proceeds to a charity?
post #640 of 642
Thread Starter 
I would be fine with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

To be honest, I'm not really keen on piecing out the ties and going to the post office multiple times as people decide they want one.

How 'bout I send them to Spoo for LuxeSwapping, and we donate the proceeds to a charity?
post #641 of 642
Thread Starter 
What is LuxeSwapping anyway?
post #642 of 642
Luxe Swap is Spoo's eBay business.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tie Swap Box #2 Idea