or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What is the assumed dress code?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is the assumed dress code?

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I am going to a Bell and Ross viewing party that is being hosted by a local AD next week. I have been to events similar to this one before, however I went to those events with family members who would generally know the dress code and pass that information along to me ahead of time. However, I have been invited to this event personally and I dont believe they even have knowledge it is taking place.

It is being held at the " air and space museum" which makes me think it would be more formal however the brand itself is not know for being really uptight. I would assume over dress than under dress, however I don't want to show up in a coat and tie and look overly formal, but at the same time i do not want to under dress and not look fitting for the occasion.

Also, what would you say for my date?

Any help would be much appreciated.
post #2 of 12
jacket and tie. this IS styleforum.
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

jacket and tie. this IS styleforum.

This. Dress up. Suit and tie for you, and your date should dress accordingly.
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

jacket and tie. this IS styleforum.

20kzz9y.jpg

smile.gif
post #5 of 12
Lighten up girls. He would look good in dark jeans, leather shoes, button up shirt and blazer. You wouldn't look like a twat in a suit either.
post #6 of 12
Going to go with Joffrey here, Bell and Ross is an 'upscale' casual watch brand, therefore he'd probably fit in well enough in 'smart' casual clothes. No need for a suit and tie, the watches themselves do mesh with that kind of dress.
post #7 of 12
Agree...either/or would work. Suit or sports coat and slacks/jeans. can't go wrong.
And, do you really need to tell the date how to dress?
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Lighten up girls. He would look good in dark jeans, leather shoes, button up shirt and blazer. You wouldn't look like a twat in a suit either.

I'm sure most douches are in jeans and some sort of ill fitting jacket if not an oversized plaid or striped shirt- the stereotypical b&r wearer.
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Agree...either/or would work. Suit or sports coat and slacks/jeans. can't go wrong.
And, do you really need to tell the date how to dress?

She just was not sure if a cocktail dress would be appropriate or if she would be fine a little bit more casual.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Agree...either/or would work. Suit or sports coat and slacks/jeans. can't go wrong.
And, do you really need to tell the date how to dress?

She just wasnt sure what to wear
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Going to go with Joffrey here, Bell and Ross is an 'upscale' casual watch brand, therefore he'd probably fit in well enough in 'smart' casual clothes. No need for a suit and tie, the watches themselves do mesh with that kind of dress.

My point entirely because B&R seems like a brand that is more as you put it "upscale casual" and so I was not sure if that type of dress would work or if I needed coat and tie. I mean when the man invited me he directly said he was trying to bring some of the "young crowd" out for the event.
post #11 of 12
I'd go more casual. When it comes down to it the beauty of upmarket fashion brands is that if you look good, you can wear anything.

If you can afford it, you have no reason to show off or live up to their expectations.

When I ran an Art gallery my best clients were always happy to turn up in jeans and a SC. The ones in a tie were usually those least likely to buy.
post #12 of 12
ive been to numerous events put on by ADs. Go with nice dark lim denim, white shirt, blazer, no tie. Thats what i typically wear and ive never been thrown out. lol8[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What is the assumed dress code?