or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Columbiaknit Knit Cap Group Buy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Columbiaknit Knit Cap Group Buy? - Page 2

post #16 of 43
pm sent
post #17 of 43
Navy, Sky, and Purple here!
post #18 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Town View Post

^
Hey guys, FYI, I just bought a dozen of these last month, and the hats stay at 2.50/hat after 10. So don't be afraid to stock up!

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.
post #19 of 43
I can't decide between red, sky, and navy, so I just want all 3 of those colors please.
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.

I bought them for several people. But even so, why not have as many colors as you want. It's not like underwear at all. It's more like having a bunch of colors of tees. Anyway, they are VERY thick, 100% cotton, made in Portland. For the price, it's an incredible deal.
post #21 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.

haha. I don't know either, I think once you buy a whole bunch of colors, you'll end up wearing only one or two and wonder why you did all that in the first place.
post #22 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM View Post

would living in Canada change anything? I would love a sky and navy.

Yeah, your shipping for the flat rate envelope goes up to $11.95.
I don't know how much of a deal it would be for you now.

& the list is updated now and we have enough people and since I want my hats a.s.a.p. I'll send you guys an invoice and place an order haha.

Invoice sent. Please, include you address when you respond I forgot to mention that.

4 Navy
2 Red
1 Sky
1 Green
2 Cardinal
Edited by poorman - 10/10/11 at 3:27pm
post #23 of 43
I'm gonna be the naysayer here and say that I don't see anything special about these caps. I bought one, the colors and price are nice. I don't like the fit at all, it looks huge and ridiculous on my head. I'll never wear it.

If you've never bought one I'd think twice. I had been eyeing a Margiela one, and tried to get this as a cheap alternative. Ended up with the Margiela, not because of the name or price, but because it actually fits me well. I don't see the hype in these besides the low price and nice colors. They just don't look good.

Maybe they would on someone with a bigger head, I'm a 7 3/8th head, 5'10" 150 lbs. It just looks ridiculous with my frame and head size.

Commence flaming. I had to say it.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.

I totally agree. Read above comment. I'd rather have one nice one even if it is expensive.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

They're sorta cheap looking. Perplexed why some of you guys would want "stock up" on a dozen of these things as if you were buying underwear or socks.

Well because I am a poor Midwestern guy who cares more on price/value and function I want them.

However,
@MSSneaker If you still have the cap, would you mind posting a fit pic? I am a 7 1/4, 5'9 140 If you find it to be big, it may be huge for me.
post #26 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Well because I am a poor Midwestern guy who cares more on price/value and function I want them.
However,
@MSSneaker If you still have the cap, would you mind posting a fit pic? I am a 7 1/4, 5'9 140 If you find it to be big, it may be huge for me.

I probably won't end up posting a fit pic, I'll see if I can later today, but I can almost guarantee it is going to look big on you if it looks big on me, considering we are almost the same height/weight build and your head is slightly smaller.

I also have to say, in terms of price/value, you get what you pay for with them. Sure they are well made, I guess, and if you like chunky hats they are a good buy, but you're not getting some kind of great deal on these. They are a 15 dollar hat, and they look and feel like a 15 dollar hat.

I'd say my more expensive beanie functions much better, but it was more costly, and probably not a great value for a lot of people. But, I'd rather have one great hat for more than a dozen hats in different colors.

I seriously don't know where these got hyped so hard. Maybe I am just hating and they are great for some people and fit them well, I don't know. The way it fits me I wouldn't think it came from advice on SF or Sufu.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #27 of 43
Thanks, I like loose cap but big is a nono redface.gif
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Well because I am a poor Midwestern guy who cares more on price/value and function I want them.

"I'm from the Midwest". Isn't that robbie's favorite excuse whenever he posts a fit involving cheap pieces that nobody likes? It's as if some Midwesterners are always apologizing for their area not being a SWPL place. Kind of annoying. Have you considered spearheading a campaign to get Whole Foods, IKEA, some urban ghetto slums, some extra violence (to "keep it real"), and a vibrant gay arts community in your town?

How can clothing be important enough to you that you post to an on-line fashion board (something almost no males do), yet you want to buy a dozen cheap looking hats each of which cost less than a fast food meal?! This is likely a false sense of economy.
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

"I'm from the Midwest". Isn't that robbie's favorite excuse whenever he posts a fit involving cheap pieces that nobody likes? It's as if some Midwesterners are always apologizing for their area not being a SWPL place. Kind of annoying. Have you considered spearheading a campaign to get Whole Foods, IKEA, some urban ghetto slums, some extra violence (to "keep it real"), and a vibrant gay arts community in your town?
How can clothing be important enough to you that you post to an on-line fashion board (something almost no males do), yet you want to buy a dozen cheap looking hats each of which cost less than a fast food meal?! This is likely a false sense of economy.

Chicago has all of those and they are "mid west." Also have some of the worst (at least men's) shopping for a metropolitan city, guess it proves that point a bit.

I totally agree with everything you are saying, hence why I hopped on this thread to give my opinion on these cheap caps. Believe me, I'd love for them to be better, I bought one.
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram
Reply
post #30 of 43
I see your point. But you see huge part of my reason for getting these were same as the people in 'winter boots that arent ugly'thread-- it sucks to have a decent gear wasted in a season.
Whos robbie anyway?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Columbiaknit Knit Cap Group Buy?