Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Winter Coat Thread FW11 - Page 3
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 21710/10/11 at 4:39pmQuote:
For some reason, those contemporary brands like W+H always turn a beautiful coat bad by making it a bit too flashy. I'm also looking for something simple (trench, mac, long peacoat).post #33 of 21710/11/11 at 8:52amQuote:
something looks really off, between the angled pockets and the outer part of it popping up to the really high contrast of the leather...post #34 of 21710/11/11 at 9:12ampost #35 of 21710/11/11 at 10:48amQuote:
Thanks for the feedback, it might not help that I'm wearing skinny guys with the coat. I've asked before, is this something that would be worth trying to get altered? I think I like it enough to keep, but also don't want to look like a doofus.post #36 of 21710/11/11 at 12:30pm
^ in the second picture the armholes seem to be really low, the whole torso appears to have a lot of excess fabric.
I have no idea about how you're built but to me it seems that the cut is way too roomy and would suit the frame of a more buff person.
This is what disturbs me the most though:post #37 of 21710/11/11 at 1:39pmpost #38 of 21710/20/11 at 8:03ampost #39 of 21710/20/11 at 8:06ampost #40 of 21710/20/11 at 8:13ampost #41 of 21710/20/11 at 8:43amAsk snowmanxl, he handled the insulated shell recently.
I think there are three grades of Primaloft thickness/insulation capacity, 133g being the middle one (lowest is 100g and highest is 200g). I've got a jacket in Primaloft 100g, it literally weighs nothing (you almost forget you're wearing it) yet the insulation is impressive. It doesn't let any cold air through and if there's a strong wind you won't feel a thing either. Not really sure how it'll behave in warmer conditions but 133g will be plenty warm when you need it.post #42 of 21710/20/11 at 12:34pmQuote:
first order of business for me would be to paint the wooden toggles, they look so paddington bearish because of the contrast. I'll be honest, I've never really liked the 3sixteen designs. they seem so forced for some reason.post #43 of 21710/21/11 at 9:45amThread Starterpost #44 of 21710/21/11 at 12:43pm
- Winter Coat Thread FW11
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 58 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for chunky/heavy sweaters with shorter sleeves? 15 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 20 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 21 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?