Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cord Trucker Jacket Last post on 6/11/12 at 8:03am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Winter Coat Thread FW11 - Page 3
Styleforum Top Picks
For some reason, those contemporary brands like W+H always turn a beautiful coat bad by making it a bit too flashy. I'm also looking for something simple (trench, mac, long peacoat).
something looks really off, between the angled pockets and the outer part of it popping up to the really high contrast of the leather...
Thanks for the feedback, it might not help that I'm wearing skinny guys with the coat. I've asked before, is this something that would be worth trying to get altered? I think I like it enough to keep, but also don't want to look like a doofus.
^ in the second picture the armholes seem to be really low, the whole torso appears to have a lot of excess fabric.
I have no idea about how you're built but to me it seems that the cut is way too roomy and would suit the frame of a more buff person.
This is what disturbs me the most though:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think there are three grades of Primaloft thickness/insulation capacity, 133g being the middle one (lowest is 100g and highest is 200g). I've got a jacket in Primaloft 100g, it literally weighs nothing (you almost forget you're wearing it) yet the insulation is impressive. It doesn't let any cold air through and if there's a strong wind you won't feel a thing either. Not really sure how it'll behave in warmer conditions but 133g will be plenty warm when you need it.
first order of business for me would be to paint the wooden toggles, they look so paddington bearish because of the contrast. I'll be honest, I've never really liked the 3sixteen designs. they seem so forced for some reason.
- Winter Coat Thread FW11
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Shell Cordovan captoe boots 8.5D Tassels HK special edition 19 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...