Thanks, I think I'm keeping it. I just wasn't sure how a coat like this was supposed to fit. Glad to hear it doesn't look ridiculous or anything
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Winter Coat Thread FW11 - Page 2post #16 of 21710/5/11 at 8:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 21710/5/11 at 10:11pmpost #18 of 21710/5/11 at 10:44pmpost #19 of 21710/6/11 at 4:31ampost #20 of 21710/9/11 at 1:55am
For me, the go to winter jacket is the Hemp Hoodlamb. A premium jacket, around $297, made of cotton and hemp and lined with a soft satin fur from the body to the hood - and as a bonus, even the sleeves are fur-lined, is exactly what a winter jacket should be! Its not the lightest jacket out there but when its cold, you'll be grateful to wear it. Mine is in Arctic camo:
I got mine on sale and I was impressed. This is a heavy, well-constructed winter jacket!
Edited by NormanF - 10/11/11 at 9:05ampost #21 of 21710/9/11 at 1:57ampost #22 of 21710/9/11 at 2:07am
I liked the Patagonia Isthmus Parka. DWR-treated Nylon shell with a fleece lining in the body and hood. Its plenty warm and its a lightweight winter coat. Wearing it won't make you look like the Michelin Man outdoors:
Its excellent for it does. Unless its extremely cold, it should excel on the usual cold days and nights you need to be out and about.post #23 of 21710/9/11 at 1:53pmQuote:
The problem with most CG jackets is that they aren't waterproof and if you wear them just around 0 C and it goes from snow to rain it will start to soak through within 30-40 minutes, that's my experience at least and I'm currently looking for a waterproof wintercoat (ventile / goretex etc.)post #24 of 21710/9/11 at 1:59pmpost #25 of 21710/9/11 at 2:34pmpost #26 of 21710/9/11 at 7:01pmpost #27 of 21710/9/11 at 7:44pmpost #28 of 21710/9/11 at 8:29pm
I'm in need of a winter jacket/coat. The winters are quite cold, most of the time its -10 to -20. I want a warm, good-looking, and high quality coat. Can anyone recommend brands that sell either wool trenches, mid-length peacoats, or any similar coats? Canada Goose jackets are warm but they don't look that nice, and for the price, I'm sure there are better options. My budget is 800 and less. Thanks a lot.post #29 of 21710/9/11 at 9:12pm
Judging by the conditions, a USA made Schott N-3B Parka sounds perfect for Chicago weather.
Its almost too warm any place else but it will keep you warm when the wind gusts pick up and the temperatures drop below zero. And under $200, its hard to beat the legendary Schott quality.
Edited by NormanF - 10/11/11 at 9:08ampost #30 of 21710/10/11 at 1:22am
- Winter Coat Thread FW11
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 19 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 20 minutes ago
- › Shoe purge. Saint Crispin's, Enzo Bonafè and Paraboot. 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?