Thanks, I think I'm keeping it. I just wasn't sure how a coat like this was supposed to fit. Glad to hear it doesn't look ridiculous or anything
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cord Trucker Jacket Last post on 6/11/12 at 8:03am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Winter Coat Thread FW11 - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
For me, the go to winter jacket is the Hemp Hoodlamb. A premium jacket, around $297, made of cotton and hemp and lined with a soft satin fur from the body to the hood - and as a bonus, even the sleeves are fur-lined, is exactly what a winter jacket should be! Its not the lightest jacket out there but when its cold, you'll be grateful to wear it. Mine is in Arctic camo:
I got mine on sale and I was impressed. This is a heavy, well-constructed winter jacket!
Edited by NormanF - 10/11/11 at 9:05am
I liked the Patagonia Isthmus Parka. DWR-treated Nylon shell with a fleece lining in the body and hood. Its plenty warm and its a lightweight winter coat. Wearing it won't make you look like the Michelin Man outdoors:
Its excellent for it does. Unless its extremely cold, it should excel on the usual cold days and nights you need to be out and about.
The problem with most CG jackets is that they aren't waterproof and if you wear them just around 0 C and it goes from snow to rain it will start to soak through within 30-40 minutes, that's my experience at least and I'm currently looking for a waterproof wintercoat (ventile / goretex etc.)
I'm in need of a winter jacket/coat. The winters are quite cold, most of the time its -10 to -20. I want a warm, good-looking, and high quality coat. Can anyone recommend brands that sell either wool trenches, mid-length peacoats, or any similar coats? Canada Goose jackets are warm but they don't look that nice, and for the price, I'm sure there are better options. My budget is 800 and less. Thanks a lot.
Judging by the conditions, a USA made Schott N-3B Parka sounds perfect for Chicago weather.
Its almost too warm any place else but it will keep you warm when the wind gusts pick up and the temperatures drop below zero. And under $200, its hard to beat the legendary Schott quality.
Edited by NormanF - 10/11/11 at 9:08am
- Winter Coat Thread FW11
Styleforum Top Picks
- › recommend me some places to go to in nyc alone 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › . 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 22 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...