or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Graham Browne coming to Stockholm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Graham Browne coming to Stockholm

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Dear Swedish Styleforum members,

Cutter Russell Howarth of Graham Browne will visit Stockholm on Friday October 7. Please e-mail info@grahambrowne.co.uk or call +44 20 7248 7730 to make an appointment.

Time: ca 13.00 - 19.00 on Friday October 7
Address:Hovslagargatan 5, Stockholm.
By appointment only!
post #2 of 20

I enjoyed my suit I got. Any other takers from Sweden who were satisfied?

post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johvik View Post

I enjoyed my suit I got. Any other takers from Sweden who were satisfied?

I ordered 1 x suit, 2 x sports coat with trousers and an overcoat and I was very satisfied with the results. Had the first fitting in Sweden and then did the last two fittings in London because I was in town anyway. Graham Browne tends to do a very British cut, which takes a little getting used to if one is accustomed to Italian RTW makers such as Corneliani, Zegna etc. That said I know Russell has started doing pieces with softer shoulder pads and softer canvas to appeal to clients looking for a more “Mediterranean” look.
post #4 of 20
Any idea if they will make another visit to Stockholm?
post #5 of 20
Yes, in the beginning of sept. I have a suit and a SC in the making. They have been at Herr Judit the last times in Östermalm. The guy working there would typically know the date better than I. I usually get an email from them the very same day they are going here. smile.gif They are not too known for their planning skills.

Leaves: I couldn't agree more. It's the odd suit in the wardrobe and it takes a while to get used to it compared to my Caruso and Mabro. However, the silouette of it is much more powerful. I have some small items that I would have done differently but only minor. The pants, that sit on the real waist, are just wonderfully comfortable. I also like the adequate length of the suit (no shirt showing between the jacket and pants below the buttoning point). It makes the overall appearance very good.
Edited by johvik - 8/31/12 at 4:16am
post #6 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johvik View Post

Yes, in the beginning of sept. I have a suit and a SC in the making. They have been at Herr Judit the last times in Östermalm. The guy working there would typically know the date better than I. I usually get an email from them the very same day they are going here. smile.gif They are not too known for their planning skills.
Leaves: I couldn't agree more. It's the odd suit in the wardrobe and it takes a while to get used to it compared to my Caruso and Mabro. However, the silouette of it is much more powerful. I have some small items that I would have done differently but only minor. The pants, that sit on the real waist, are just wonderfully comfortable. I also like the adequate length of the suit (no shirt showing between the jacket and pants below the buttoning point). It makes the overall appearance very good.

Yeah, I know, planning a date for a revisit was a bit of a hassle because Russell (cutter at GB) is not usually a visiting tailor. But from now on, Richard Wainwright from Choppin & Lodge will be doing the visits to Stockholm. Choppin & Lodge is basically Graham Brownes visiting branch, Russell still cuts most of their stuff from what I know. Here’s an article about CL: http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/2011/07/choppin-lodge-cotton-suit.html

Web site: http://www.choppinandlodge.com/

I'm going to London in a couple of weeks and I have a fitting planned, I'll see if Richard has any plans to come over soon.
post #7 of 20

As per my understanding he would take over from Russel and hopefully do runs every month depending on the size of the client base here. They were here in late June or early July and would come back about now for further fittings and new clients. I met Richard here that time.

 

It's nice for Stockholm because the suits are comparable in price to Caruso, Mabro and Corneliani RTW here - but bespoke. 

post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johvik View Post

As per my understanding he would take over from Russel and hopefully do runs every month depending on the size of the client base here. They were here in late June or early July and would come back about now for further fittings and new clients. I met Richard here that time.
Aye, well, I would take that with a nypa salt to be honest. smile.gif

Quote:
It's nice for Stockholm because the suits are comparable in price to Caruso, Mabro and Corneliani RTW here - but bespoke.
  I agree, it's very reasonably priced for "proper" bespoke. Can't be compared to AW Bauer or the likes of course, but still, it's very good value for money.
post #9 of 20
I contacted them by email yesterday and got a prompt reply. Looks like a visit in September is in the works but no date has been set yet. If anyone hears about a date please post it to the forum.
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
I visited Graham Browne this Friday and Saturday in their shop near Bow Lane. I must reevaluate my earlier statement that GB mostly does a “classic” English look. Because of the high demand of a softer fitting (or what Russell called “Neapolitan) they have started to do a lot of Italian influenced tailoring. This means less, and softer canvas and super soft pads or no shoulder pads at all. The result was excellent. I picked up a light weight buggy lined sports jacket in a Zegna cloth that was amazing. Feels like a shirt more or less. We’ll see how it holds up after a few wears, but the first impression very positive.

Russell mentioned that Richard might be over for October. As it looks now, no September visit.
post #11 of 20

Leaves, are you the one I spoke to at Skoaktiebolaget about Graham Brownes next visit two weekends ago? Irregardless, I believe that there was talk of a visit soon enough. Any updates? Will they be at Skoaktiebolaget?

post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johvik View Post

Leaves, are you the one I spoke to at Skoaktiebolaget about Graham Brownes next visit two weekends ago? Irregardless, I believe that there was talk of a visit soon enough. Any updates? Will they be at Skoaktiebolaget?

Looks like mid November, I'll post as soon as I get a confirmation from GB.
post #13 of 20
Would be very interesting to see some pics if possible.
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
Ok, I just heard from Graham Browne that they will visit Stockholm on Thursday November 22. This time they will come to us at Skoaktiebolaget, Humlegårdsgatan 4, for fittings between 11.00-16.00. Please e-mail info@grahambrowne.co.uk for more information and appointments.

Here are a few posts with pictures from English blogger Simon Crompton. He uses Graham Browne frequently.
http://www.permanentstyle.co.uk/search/label/Graham%20Browne
post #15 of 20

Do you have fit pictures of GB's suit? Would be helpful to see his work.

 

When I checked him out, the reviews are not that flattering -- http://www.styleforum.net/t/250290/graham-browne-bespoke-tailor-my-first-suit#post_4691770

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Graham Browne coming to Stockholm