or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter Boots 2011 / 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter Boots 2011 / 2012 - Page 3

post #31 of 131
Rank these boots:

http://www.odinnewyork.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&TypeID=35&ProductID=1860

http://cdn.hypebeast.com/image/2011/07/danner-stumptown-collection-4.jpg

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~55635/55635.jsp

I will probably wear there 8-10 times a year - during sleet/snow in the winter in Manhattan as well as a few times during an annual ski trip out West.
post #32 of 131
Walk around manhattan in amountain hike boots?!
post #33 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Rank these boots:
http://www.odinnewyork.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&TypeID=35&ProductID=1860
http://cdn.hypebeast.com/image/2011/07/danner-stumptown-collection-4.jpg
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/ruggedboots/PRDOVR~55635/55635.jsp
I will probably wear there 8-10 times a year - during sleet/snow in the winter in Manhattan as well as a few times during an annual ski trip out West.
1 and 3 will not be ideal in snow conditions due to the sole. 2 would be best.
post #34 of 131
obviously winter boots are for outdoors, but do you guys who go to school or w\e in harsh winter locations (montreal) keep sneaks in ur backpack or some shit?? how do i do this? in high school i had a uniform. i want to be dry on the way to cegep, but dont want to wear boots indoors and inclass , lol
post #35 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Walk around manhattan in amountain hike boots?!

When it's snowing outside, yeah. Snow, salt, freezing temperatures make for slippery streets. Thick socks plus good boots are pretty essential
post #36 of 131

I must be too long in the NW, because Sorels are no longer looking hideous to me. Also, for anyone with cash to spare and doesn't give a damn about sturdiness, the shearling Moncler boots are amazing beyond words. The leather is a bit thin (same problem I have with RO shearling) and too pliable imo, but the shearling is ridiculously soft.

post #37 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

Walk around manhattan in amountain hike boots?!


I like the Galibier Super Rando or Super Touring as its called in France. Unfortunately, Paraboot does not ship to the States. And its not available as far as I can tell, on the French Internet.

 

Its a low profile boot that can be used for urban walking and for low intensity hikes in the country.

 

 

post #38 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

I must be too long in the NW, because Sorels are no longer looking hideous to me. Also, for anyone with cash to spare and doesn't give a damn about sturdiness, the shearling Moncler boots are amazing beyond words. The leather is a bit thin (same problem I have with RO shearling) and too pliable imo, but the shearling is ridiculously soft.



The lambskin lining in my Meindl Gastein is amazingly plush. And the soles give a good grip on snow and ice. Now that is a winter boot!

post #39 of 131
I'm thinking about getting the Allen Edmonds Bayfield

263

lug sole + chromexcel leather. should be fine for standard walking around winter boots. not shoveling/digging your car out, but fine for day to day winter wear
post #40 of 131
considering doc martens + heavy socks in manhattan... stupid?
post #41 of 131
I love how if you go to SZ, some people just walk around in their guidi all year, just wear thicker socks
post #42 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanF View Post

I like the Galibier Super Rando or Super Touring as its called in France. Unfortunately, Paraboot does not ship to the States. And its not available as far as I can tell, on the French Internet.

 

Its a low profile boot that can be used for urban walking and for low intensity hikes in the country.

 

 


Places that sell paraboot will import Galibier for you. You can get from Pelle Line (near me) for example. They order on Thursdays and it takes about 2 weeks to get the boots from France.
http://www.pelleline.com/
post #43 of 131
It'll be warm enough, but the sole on Docs is terrible on ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

considering doc martens + heavy socks in manhattan... stupid?
post #44 of 131
thorogood-moc-toe-boots.jpg
post #45 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post

thorogood-moc-toe-boots.jpg


Those are really nice!  More info on the boots please.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter Boots 2011 / 2012