or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter Boots 2011 / 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter Boots 2011 / 2012 - Page 8

post #106 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

i also am looking for a boot that doesn't look ridic with denim/pants with hem openings openings of 7.5 and lower.

Make that < 7.0 nod[1].gif
post #107 of 131
Thread Starter 
425
thinking about kopping them[/quote]

Sweet... Like this look.
post #108 of 131
wUquq.jpg

These are uggs o.o
post #109 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydion View Post

wUquq.jpg
These are uggs o.o

reflecting authentic UGG® craftsmanship, comfort, and casual luxury." Made in China. IIRC they sell cowhide boots labeled "cordovan color"
post #110 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post


reflecting authentic UGG® craftsmanship, comfort, and casual luxury." Made in China. IIRC they sell cowhide boots labeled "cordovan color"


Sheepskin-lined boots? I prefer them with Vibram soles and I don't trust non-mountain boots on treacherous snow and ice-slicked urban terrain.

post #111 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanF View Post



Sheepskin-lined boots? I prefer them with Vibram soles and I don't trust non-mountain boots on treacherous snow and ice-slicked urban terrain.

Looks like a vibram christy sole.
post #112 of 131
they are not Cristy sole but I agree with NormanF that these aren't legit Vivram soles for hiking/walking on snow
390
post #113 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

they are not Cristy sole but I agree with NormanF that these aren't legit Vivram soles for hiking/walking on snow

If it's vibram, it's generally going to be a quality sole. Obviously you can walk in the snow in these. Short hike? Sure. Would I on a regular basis? No. I would wear my Sorels in the snow or my vasque hiking boots for an actual hike. But the point is you're just stable wearing these vibram soles as you are with some other "more official mountain boot" with the same soles when walking on an icy sidewalk.
post #114 of 131
Check out the North Face Ballard boots. Leather is shit but price is good (less than half the danner/diemme stuffs) and tread looks good.


191

A little disturbed by the Hypebeast comment tho..

"i need these boots ASAP they hard as fuck they clean as hell they fresh as shit i need both pair word to mova son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ps. there is also a 8 inch version. basically +$20 for higher neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfunk View Post

If it's vibram, it's generally going to be a quality sole. Obviously you can walk in the snow in these. Short hike? Sure. Would I on a regular basis? No. I would wear my Sorels in the snow or my vasque hiking boots for an actual hike. But the point is you're just stable wearing these vibram soles as you are with some other "more official mountain boot" with the same soles when walking on an icy sidewalk.

Cristy sole is crappy when it comes to snow/ice. Even in the hompage Vibram states "dont walk on ice"
post #115 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

This is the strangest thing to come from the ass-backwards minds at PETA.

Can you explain?

I was under the impression that it was actually known that Chinese Raccoon are often skinned alive to the hair clings better to the hide. Perhaps I am grossly misinformed. I don't give PETA much credibility but that video seemed damning.
post #116 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post


Can you explain?
I was under the impression that it was actually known that Chinese Raccoon are often skinned alive to the hair clings better to the hide. Perhaps I am grossly misinformed. I don't give PETA much credibility but that video seemed damning.


I don't give them credibility. If we use varmints for fur, its not exactly like they're an endangered species!

post #117 of 131
As long as those workers eat the poor raccoons out of their misery.. musicboohoo[1].gif
post #118 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberglass View Post

Which pair is that on the right? Good looking boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

whats on the left? its also a good looking boot

sorry for not replying to this, no idea why this thread did not pop up in my subscriptions

uncotrol was right left is shoto, right is buttero,

keep in mind the butteros are a steal for the insanely good quality, as far as shotos, i am having issues with them and having barneys fix them, i really like the fit and the way they feel.

buttero is awesome IMO. BTW good winter boot option is always Trickers with a dainite/commando sole IMO
post #119 of 131
yea i'm going with trickers with danite sole just waiting for the model i want to be in stock in my size.
post #120 of 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosswound View Post

yea i'm going with trickers with danite sole just waiting for the model i want to be in stock in my size.

eatons at shoehealer?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Winter Boots 2011 / 2012