or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Recipe Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recipe Thread - Page 24

post #346 of 456
I actually prefer white balsamic. Might just be because I'm racist, though.
post #347 of 456
The thing is that white "balsamic" is no balsamic at all. That's all I wanted to say. happy.gif
post #348 of 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

The thing is that white "balsamic" is no balsamic at all. That's all I wanted to say. happy.gif

What would you prefer he called it? Given that it is called white balsamic, it kind of is white balsamic.
post #349 of 456
yeah, fighting the whole balsamic purity thing is a lost cause i'm afraid. balsamic isn't really balsamic either. it's mostly vinegar with burnt sugar added. that doesn't mean it's bad for everything (the flavor balance is actually kind of close to a gastrique). but it's a far cry from the original. white balsamic, though. well, he's like 18, right?
post #350 of 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

yeah, fighting the whole balsamic purity thing is a lost cause i'm afraid. balsamic isn't really balsamic either. it's mostly vinegar with burnt sugar added. that doesn't mean it's bad for everything (the flavor balance is actually kind of close to a gastrique). but it's a far cry from the original. white balsamic, though. well, he's like 18, right?
I am.
But I guess you're right.

@Matt: White "balsamic". tongue.gif
post #351 of 456
I'd like an idea of the best way to treat a lamb head.
post #352 of 456
That looks pretty gross.
post #353 of 456
Thank you. But that really doesn't answer my question.
post #354 of 456
Microwave on high power for 12 minutes. Be sure to prick the eyeballs so they don't explode.
post #355 of 456
Can someone give me a nice vegetable aspic recipe?
post #356 of 456
None of ya'll are any help. Ya'll can go fuck ya'selves.
post #357 of 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Can someone give me a nice vegetable aspic recipe?

I have a nice one for a leek gelee with oysters and potato cream. I can get you the recipe later, but I have to eat some dog shit first.
post #358 of 456
Enjoy your prion diseases, bro.
post #359 of 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm9128 View Post

I have a nice one for a leek gelee with oysters and potato cream. I can get you the recipe later, but I have to eat some dog shit first.

I have yet to eat an oyster dish that convinces me that they should be consumed in any way besides raw.
post #360 of 456
They are kept raw. You just take them out of their shells and place on top of the leek gelee. Let me know if you want the recipe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Recipe Thread