Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicEdward Greentagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14More
- topicVasstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Today at 12:42 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 3:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 36
Styleforum Top Pickspost #527 of 21899/6/13 at 6:15pmpost #528 of 21899/6/13 at 6:23pmpost #529 of 21899/6/13 at 6:25pmpost #530 of 21899/6/13 at 6:35pmpost #531 of 21899/7/13 at 8:06ampost #532 of 21899/12/13 at 10:03ampost #533 of 21899/20/13 at 5:49pmpost #534 of 21899/21/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by budapest12
Any thoughts on whether these cordovan NOS florsheim Kenmoore's are worth the $350 I paid would be very much appreciated. TIA.
Link to the other pics: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271276915282
I owned a pair of these before I sold them on ebay. The fit is a little large, almost like a barrie last fit. I am a true 10D and I purchased a pair in 10D and I would have needed to go a have size down for a good fit. If you are familiar with the Florsheim by Duckie Brown line (made in India) they fit similarly. In the past I have owned several of the different Florsheim models and these were my least favorite. You could tell that they were not manufactured with the same level of quality of the earlier Imperial and Royal Imperial shell gunboats. The pair you purchased was made in the mid 1990s. I found them to be chunky and they are still worthy of the "gunboat" title. Probably just slighly inferior to AE MacNeil. I personally would not have paid $350, perhaps $250 tops if I found a pair in similar condition to yours.post #535 of 21899/21/13 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by vestbash
I owned a pair of these before I sold them on ebay. The fit is a little large, almost like a barrie last fit. I am a true 10D and I purchased a pair in 10D and I would have needed to go a have size down for a good fit. If you are familiar with the Florsheim by Duckie Brown line (made in India) they fit similarly. In the past I have owned several of the different Florsheim models and these were my least favorite. You could tell that they were not manufactured with the same level of quality of the earlier Imperial and Royal Imperial shell gunboats. The pair you purchased was made in the mid 1990s. I found them to be chunky and they are still worthy of the "gunboat" title. Probably just slighly inferior to AE MacNeil. I personally would not have paid $350, perhaps $250 tops if I found a pair in similar condition to yours.
Vestbash, thanks very much - that was hugely helpful. They are indeed on the chunky side, with soles that can double for lethal weapons. Construction is decent, but I can see where they are not quite up to par with the AEs (I do not own those but I have checked them out on several occasions). I am normally a size 9, so these 8.5s are actually a great fit. I have resolved to keep them -- they are still less than half the price of the Alden LWBs (factoring in tax) and they have presence/oomph to them that I like. There is also something about having "new" shoes that are around 20 years old.post #536 of 21899/21/13 at 1:55pmpost #537 of 21899/21/13 at 8:11pmpost #538 of 21899/21/13 at 9:24pmpost #539 of 21899/25/13 at 10:30pm
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...