or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 937

AE Burgundy Shell Leeds

 

900x900px-LL-04fd2b5b_DSC_0737.jpeg

 

LL

 

LL

post #272 of 937

Just picked up a pair of Walnut shell cordovan Strands from AE.  Any suggestions on a polish for these?  AE does not sell a cordovan care cream in walnut.  They say they are "working on it" and in the meantime suggested a neutral polish.  They did not recommend non shell cordovan polish (as they have regular polish in walnut) but then told me to buy their premium polish (not cordovan care cream) in neutral.  Hmmmmmm.  Thanks for any info!

post #273 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvwine View Post

Just picked up a pair of Walnut shell cordovan Strands from AE.  Any suggestions on a polish for these?  AE does not sell a cordovan care cream in walnut.  They say they are "working on it" and in the meantime suggested a neutral polish.  They did not recommend non shell cordovan polish (as they have regular polish in walnut) but then told me to buy their premium polish (not cordovan care cream) in neutral.  Hmmmmmm.  Thanks for any info!

 

Don't use any polish. Clean, condition, and buff the leather. For details, read the rest of this thread.

post #274 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

AE Burgundy Shell Leeds

350x203px-LL-95d3ed73_900x900px-LL-04fd2b5b_DSC_0737.jpeg

350x190px-LL-dfd7177e_2027381651LL.jpeg

350x232px-LL-d7c68fa9_146877271LL.jpeg

So you polished these? Bulled the toes? Interesting. Is it wearing ok?
post #275 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

So you polished these? Bulled the toes? Interesting. Is it wearing ok?

Per our other discussion on the shoe care thread, this is just Renovateur and a lot of brushing followed by buffing (just on the toe) w/microfiber cloth.
post #276 of 937

Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtip by Crockett & Jones worn yesterday:

 350x263px-LL-14804d4b_IMG00723-20120507-0820.jpeg

 

Ralph Lauren Marlow plain toe blucher by Crockett & Jones worn today:

IMG00735-20120508-0718.jpg

post #277 of 937
OK I'll play. Wolverine 721LTDs after a year and a half of thngs most people wouldn't put shell through....

721LTDs Waterbrushed (3)

I'm reall diggin' those Strands and Daltons further up. I'm going to have to work on getting a pair.
post #278 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Ralph Lauren Marlow plain toe blucher by Crockett & Jones worn today:
350x263px-LL-e2568e20_IMG00735-20120508-0718.jpeg

the ptb could be more refined, imo.
post #279 of 937
I agree with you, fritzl. Is it meant to be a refined shoe though?

Do you believe it should be something like the AE Leeds posted above?
Edited by Gerry Nelson - 5/8/12 at 2:33am
post #280 of 937

Florsheim Imperial V-Cleat LWB:

 

IMG00738-20120509-0815.jpg

post #281 of 937

IMG_3889.JPG

 

RL Marlow

Argyle

post #282 of 937
Crane's, how have you punished those boots of yours? Do I dare ask?
post #283 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Crane's, how have you punished those boots of yours? Do I dare ask?

170 days plus of snow, mud, muck, water, dusty trails and active cattle pastures. I use them as a light hiking boot for the most part. I just finished wearing them for nearly a month straight and today they're going to the cobbler for a resole job commando style.

Over in streetwear I have a 1.5 year old thread running that documents all the antics I put them through.
post #284 of 937
46787113.jpg
post #285 of 937

One Alden but I hope you can overlook it for this thread wink.gif

 

tumblr_m5fli6vuyP1rrw9tuo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m5fli6vuyP1rrw9tuo2_1280.jpg

 

From the left: Saddle, Brown, Brown, #8. Burgundy, Brown

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread