or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 171

post #2551 of 3044

Horween or not, I would love to have one of those unicorns in my stable...Congrats and Enjoy

post #2552 of 3044

On another note, where in the world is @NAMOR???  It seems I have not seen him around in awhile...

post #2553 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzmenco View Post

I found them on eBay. I believe the company went out of business. Pretty sure that they are not Horween. Construction quality is excellent. Great color.
This company used to have a shop on Madison Avenue in NYC. Closed during the recession.
post #2554 of 3044

Good Evening Gentlemen,

 

You already know...

photo IMG_0712_zpspktvsxb7.jpg

 

Happy Sunday!

post #2555 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Good Evening Gentlemen,

You already know...

Happy Sunday!

Ouch! Details please.
post #2556 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


Ouch! Details please.


Thank You Sir!

 

Carmina Cognac Cordovan U-Wings on Rain:

 

photo IMG_2841_zpstxo0ar0q.jpg

photo IMG_2843_zpsffojezd5.jpg

photo IMG_2849_zpsqkialv1k.jpg

post #2557 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Good Evening Gentlemen,

 

You already know...

photo IMG_0712_zpspktvsxb7.jpg

 

Happy Sunday!

 

Amazing boots. I'm equally impressed with your ability to take great photos like this.

post #2558 of 3044

@RIDER's Rider Boot Balmoral boots in Cognac Shell Cordovan, for our upcoming GMTO.  Details in the newsletter this coming Wednesday.

 

 

post #2559 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

@RIDER
's Rider Boot Balmoral boots in Cognac Shell Cordovan, for our upcoming GMTO.  Details in the newsletter this coming Wednesday.



All - bear with what may be a basic question but I don't have any with experience with GMTO's. I would be interested in this if there are spots available but don't really know where to begin. I've searched SF and reached out to @RIDER but decided to post the question here to cover all bases. Any info is appreciated.
post #2560 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


All - bear with what may be a basic question but I don't have any with experience with GMTO's. I would be interested in this if there are spots available but don't really know where to begin. I've searched SF and reached out to @RIDER but decided to post the question here to cover all bases. Any info is appreciated.

Hi,

 

I'll be in charge of this.  I am putting the last 2 pairs up on the store right now (www.styleforummarket.com, which we use to stay organized), and will start a thread with all the links, plus pics and a opportunity to ask questions, soon after that.

 

This will happen either later today, or tomorrow, possibly, since my eyes are still suoer dilated.

 

Cheers,

 

Fok.

post #2561 of 3044

I was considering these Black Shell AE Dundee's, but wanted to see what the Wise Lords of Shell thought.  Can these scuffs be remedied?  What about the condition of the shell on the tips?

 

 

 

 


Thanks

post #2562 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post


All - bear with what may be a basic question but I don't have any with experience with GMTO's. I would be interested in this if there are spots available but don't really know where to begin. I've searched SF and reached out to @RIDER but decided to post the question here to cover all bases. Any info is appreciated.

So, you can take a look at all the boots on preorder here:

 

http://www.styleforummarket.com/rider-boot/

 

Note that in addition to the cognac shell, we are also doing the balmoral boot in the mahogany shell:

 

post #2563 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I was considering these Black Shell AE Dundee's, but wanted to see what the Wise Lords of Shell thought.  Can these scuffs be remedied?  What about the condition of the shell on the tips?

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks

 

Black Shell Cordovan is usually the most forgiving IME.  You can buff out and/or smother those scuffs at the top of the boot in black cream and it may fix it.

 

Remember, your trouser will cover that most of the time.

 

The rough and bumpy shell on the toe tip is a whole different story.  That will never go away.

 

The thing about this pair is that it is not really meant to be a dress boot.  At least not in my book.

 

So, bumpy shell is not that big of a deal.  If that were an oxford boot or shoe that you were seeking to achieve a high shine on, then it would be a big deal.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Thanks.

post #2564 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

 

Black Shell Cordovan is usually the most forgiving IME.  You can buff out and/or smother those scuffs at the top of the boot in black cream and it may fix it.

 

Remember, your trouser will cover that most of the time.

 

The rough and bumpy shell on the toe tip is a whole different story.  That will never go away.

 

The thing about this pair is that it is not really meant to be a dress boot.  At least not in my book.

 

So, bumpy shell is not that big of a deal.  If that were an oxford boot or shoe that you were seeking to achieve a high shine on, then it would be a big deal.

 

Hope this helps.

 

Thanks.


Thanks.  I was pretty sure about the scuffs, but since I was asking about the rough shell, I figured why not ask just in case.  Your point about not being a dress boot is well taken.  They're seconds for $529.  I think I'm going to pass since the roughness is downer for me.  Maybe if they dropped sub $400 like during last years RDA sale (if I recall that sale correctly), I'd feel differently, but I'd ratter wait and spend more for first.  Probably in Brown.

post #2565 of 3044

AE brown shell Bradleys today (these were an MTO):

 

JwTq4IZ.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread