or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 937
i guess the walnut strands are not on sale anymore frown.gif
post #257 of 937

Not mine, but a very nice example of Church's Grafton (173 last) in burgundy crup (shell cordovan) on ebay:

 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Churchs-Grafton-Brogues-Burgundy-9G-Made-England-/190636925278?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2c62d8a15e

 

Smashing shoe in regular calf but in shell even better.

 

 $(KGrHqFHJDEE8fCRu7!gBPLvZQ)4VQ~~60_3.jpg

post #258 of 937

My saddle shell cordovan boots from Carmina, just after having shined them:

 

After polishing my shell cordovan boots.

post #259 of 937
A few pics of my new AE macneils in burgundy shell. My first shell shoes and the macneil won out over the Alden LWB. These were taken just this am with chinos (Bill's Khakis M2) but they work just as well with worsted wool or flannels & a sport coat. I've worn them for a couple of hours on Wed and Thurs this week. Haven't even brushed yet.

412

199

227

190
Edited by patrick_b - 2/18/12 at 7:25pm
post #260 of 937
A couple of quick iphone pics of my custom Walnut Shell Macneil's. The second pic is the Macneil next to my Walnut Calf Dalton's.

469
469
post #261 of 937
^ Stunning shell macneils!!!
post #262 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmspawn View Post

A couple of quick iphone pics of my custom Walnut Shell Macneil's. The second pic is the Macneil next to my Walnut Calf Dalton's.
469
469

How did you get AE to make this shoe up? I've asked several times for a pair of Fifth Street Boots in Brown Shell and was told that it was not possible. I even emailed the CEO to no avail. If you don't mind me asking how much were these special make-ups?
post #263 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

^ Stunning shell macneils!!!

Thank you.
post #264 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

How did you get AE to make this shoe up? I've asked several times for a pair of Fifth Street Boots in Brown Shell and was told that it was not possible. I even emailed the CEO to no avail. If you don't mind me asking how much were these special make-ups?

PM sent.
post #265 of 937

I just got these vintage Florsheim Imperial shell long wings and love them!

 

IMG00522-20120310-1731.jpg

 

I've given them a wipedown and brushing but is it possible to the whitish bits in the creases or is that something I should expect as part of the character of shell?

post #266 of 937
263263

Very vintage Whitehall with v-cleet in deep brown. Not a hint of #8.

Who made these for Whitehall?


263
post #267 of 937
Lloyd & Haig with armored heel in a lighter #8 than I've seen. The picture makes it appear slightly lighter, but certainly not a deep burgundy.

Who would have been the manufacture?



263
post #268 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

I just got these vintage Florsheim Imperial shell long wings and love them!

350x263px-LL-dc8ecfba_IMG00522-20120310-1731.jpeg

I've given them a wipedown and brushing but is it possible to the whitish bits in the creases or is that something I should expect as part of the character of shell?

Meet the family. Picked these up yesterday from eBay, classic vintage shell v cleats. BTW, the colour on your pair looks great, well done.

Re the white creases, I've heard they are a natural "bloom" that is produced by shell, and should come off with a vigorous brushing. Or try renovateur, following by a brushing.

263
post #269 of 937
where is jhcam8?
post #270 of 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt View Post


Meet the family. Picked these up yesterday from eBay, classic vintage shell v cleats. BTW, the colour on your pair looks great, well done.
Re the white creases, I've heard they are a natural "bloom" that is produced by shell, and should come off with a vigorous brushing. Or try renovateur, following by a brushing.
263


Yours look great! These shell longwings are one of my favourite pairs of shoes and I think they're very versatile. Really glad I got them.

Thanks for the advice, btw.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread