or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 166

post #2476 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Every day upon reading Styleforum I find a reason to curse my G width clodhoppers...

Amen brother! Too many shoe hipsters showing off their D width feet and thin ankles wearing dress shoes without socks. They go about blissfully scrolling through pages of shoe choices from all of the shoe makers without a care in the world. Meanwhile, we of the wide foot species are like Oliver shuffling to the shoe makers and saying "please sir, more wide shoes." Not that we are bitter or anything. No, we are a brave lot and daily feel the sting of "wide-ists" who hold us back from our fashion goals. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #2477 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post


Amen brother! Too many shoe hipsters showing off their D width feet and thin ankles wearing dress shoes without socks. They go about blissfully scrolling through pages of shoe choices from all of the shoe makers without a care in the world. Meanwhile, we of the wide foot species are like Oliver shuffling to the shoe makers and saying "please sir, more wide shoes." Not that we are bitter or anything. No, we are a brave lot and daily feel the sting of "wide-ists" who hold us back from our fashion goals. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Men of Wide Foot Nation, unite!

post #2478 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Every day upon reading Styleforum I find a reason to curse my G width clodhoppers...


Your feet may hate you but your wallet thanks you...

post #2479 of 3058

[post deleted]

post #2480 of 3058

Rocking these Vtg Florsheim Imperial saddles:

 

E02JRSf.jpg

post #2481 of 3058
My very old, very dry Florsheim Imperial v-cleat lwbs.

post #2482 of 3058

I can't get over how sweet these are, pick up of the year so far for me. It's going to be a wonderful, sockless summer.

 

 

post #2483 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

I can't get over how sweet these are, pick up of the year so far for me. It's going to be a wonderful, sockless summer.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Those Rancourts? They look lovely, why do you like them so much? Fit is superb?

 

-Mike

post #2484 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Those Rancourts? They look lovely, why do you like them so much? Fit is superb?

 

-Mike

 

Unlined Rancourt Pinch Penny. The price was right, the fit is fantastic, the shell is in amazing condition, plus I can't score an unlined Cigar LHS haha. I will be getting an unlined color 8 at some point, just have to decide if I am going to go with the same size as my whiskey, they are fairly snug sockless in 7.5D so I might try and 8D or  7.5E if BB would restock those sizes)

post #2485 of 3058

The C&J Bradford. Used for a couple of months.

 

 

 

post #2486 of 3058

Alden #8 after years of hard wear.

 

 

C&J Marlows. Had these for about 4 years. Has developed a great patina.

 

 

My old pair of C&J Harvard. Has taken so much abuse... Sticking has started to come loose. My go to summer shoe. I love them so much I decided to get a new pair. Just for the record. I bought them in a beat up condition for the patina. My shoes never end up this worn out...

post #2487 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Unlined Rancourt Pinch Penny. The price was right, the fit is fantastic, the shell is in amazing condition, plus I can't score an unlined Cigar LHS haha. I will be getting an unlined color 8 at some point, just have to decide if I am going to go with the same size as my whiskey, they are fairly snug sockless in 7.5D so I might try and 8D or  7.5E if BB would restock those sizes)

 

Agree on all accounts (I have a pair as well).  Plus, the footbed is ultra comfortable.

post #2488 of 3058

^^^Nice collection there, Anden :fonz:

post #2489 of 3058
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

^^^Nice collection there, Anden :fonz:

 

+1. Sweet trousers, too!

post #2490 of 3058
Every time I see a Marlow, I'm basically speechless.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread