nice! who has them? and I fully support this 1st person reference
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicEdward Greentagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- brandTrickerstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14More
- topicVasstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II Last post on Yesterday at 9:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 10/24/16 at 2:04pm in Classic Menswear
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 133post #1982 of 29371/8/16 at 1:18pmpost #1983 of 29371/9/16 at 1:57pmpost #1984 of 29371/9/16 at 2:27pmpost #1985 of 29371/9/16 at 2:43pmThere is a dedicated Alden thread that in a matter of two weeks has accumulated 25 pages of posts primarily consisting of shell cordovan footwear. In fact, from reading (with great enjoyment) that thread, one gets the idea that Alden ONLY produces shoes in shell!
I don't think anyone is "banning" Alden, per se, just having an alternate platform for other makers.
but if the concept of this thread changes, it will soon just become the Alden shell thread, part 2.
Edited by peppercorn78 - 1/9/16 at 3:47pmpost #1986 of 29371/9/16 at 3:02pmQuote:
Prices for Horween shell leather shoes are going crazy due to this kind of things. Only 5 years ago, almost no one in Spain heard about shell or cordovan shoes. Now is happening the same here. Hope tanneries in England, Argentina and Japan improve their tan proceedings and techiques for shell. Cordovan leather is becoming a very profitable short term investment. Terrible.post #1987 of 29371/9/16 at 3:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zapasman
Prices for Horween shell leather shoes are going crazy due to this kind of things. Only 5 years ago, almost no one in Spain heard about shell or cordovan shoes. Now is happening the same here. Hope tanneries in England, Argentina and Japan improve their tan proceedings and techiques for shell. Cordovan leather is becoming a very profitable short term investment. Terrible.
I get the impression that Carmina is enjoying their sudden surge in popularity among shell enthusiasts.post #1988 of 29371/9/16 at 3:39pmpost #1989 of 29371/9/16 at 3:54pmpost #1990 of 29371/9/16 at 3:55pmpost #1991 of 29371/9/16 at 4:08pmpost #1992 of 29371/9/16 at 4:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
I did enjoy this article:
Thanks Dr. Pepper.
I have stumbled across and read that before. Thanks for the reminder, I will have to look at it again.
I guess if Namor and Zippy are wearing that cordovan it must be good. I guess I was curious because I have always wanted a pair or Trickers.
Thanks.post #1993 of 29371/9/16 at 4:21pmpost #1994 of 29371/9/16 at 5:13pmpost #1995 of 29371/9/16 at 5:29pmHey Watchman,
Tricker's quality is first rate.
The Comipel quality kind of varies. I'd say it ranges from okay to "seems about the same Horween". My oldest pair of Comipel felt thin. It's held up okay but it doesn't have that same bulletproof feel of the Horween shell.
Most of it seems pretty good though. Certainly good enough for me. One big advantage of Comipel is the wide range of colors. I've got pairs in orange, green, red, and now navy in addition to the various shades of brown and burgundy.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › George Cleverley Made in England Bordeaux Roped Tassel Loafers Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...