or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 827
The shells for 250 were indeed listed in error. I spoke to the rep online via chat and she said that they pulled it down as soon as they realized the mistake and that no orders would be fulfilled at that price.
post #197 of 827
Well, that's some bullshit.
post #198 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

Hmmmm... Dalton @ $575 + tx or Lindricks for $700 OTD?

What do ya'll think??

puzzled.gif


 

Where you finding that price on the lindricks?

 

 

post #199 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post




Where you finding that price on the lindricks?


A friendly forumite w/ a pair in my size...
post #200 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

Hmmmm... Dalton @ $575 + tx or Lindricks for $700 OTD?
What do ya'll think??
puzzled.gif

Lindricks, no question about it.
post #201 of 827
Darlton the wingtip shoe, right ? Why is this even a q.the shoe looks so much better than the boot
post #202 of 827
I think they're talking about Dalton (AE shell boots) vs. Lindrick (CJ for RL shell boots). Not DaRlton.
post #203 of 827
Ok, I wasn't sure myself. I thought everyone was misspelling it biggrin.gif
post #204 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurram View Post

The shells for 250 were indeed listed in error. I spoke to the rep online via chat and she said that they pulled it down as soon as they realized the mistake and that no orders would be fulfilled at that price.

Several people had their order go through. Mine did as well. I have a confirmation number and it is listed on the website as backordered. I know others have already gotten shipping confirmation on theirs. I'm hopeful that mine will ship soon. If not then I understand because $250 is obviously way below what these shoes would normally sell for.
post #205 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Several people had their order go through. Mine did as well. I have a confirmation number and it is listed on the website as backordered. I know others have already gotten shipping confirmation on theirs. I'm hopeful that mine will ship soon. If not then I understand because $250 is obviously way below what these shoes would normally sell for.

You may be right and hopefully for a few lucky ones this will go through. But just from what I was told by the online chat rep- all orders at that price will not be fulfilled.

I suppose if you were in the first few it might slip through but I have a strong feeling they will end up sending an apology email for the error. Good luck to those who got a shipping confirmation though!
post #206 of 827
Speaking of the Dalton, can anyone speak to the quality of the boot and the shell that AE uses?

I have the Lindrick and the cordovan boot that C&J makes for BB; am thinking of buying anther cordovan boot and have been quoted what seems like a decent price on it.

350
post #207 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmspawn View Post

Check your browser history. You might get lucky and find the confirmation page accessible.

Man - thank you.

I did what you suggested and, while I did not see a confirmation page, I did come across an order number. Chatted to someone at AE online who confirmed the order number as that for the shell Bradley......

Hopefully it will be a icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif in 4-6 weeks.

I'm glad that it worked out for you.
post #208 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmspawn View Post

I'm glad that it worked out for you.

Thanks again for the tip. Not sure if they will honor the price, but at least I have an order number because of your suggestion.
post #209 of 827
PipersSon: AE uses Horween, no questions about quality -- top-notch, as always. If you happen to come across a pair with second-grade material, I'm sure AE will exchange your pair. Their customer service is superb.
post #210 of 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post

Speaking of the Dalton, can anyone speak to the quality of the boot and the shell that AE uses?
I have the Lindrick and the cordovan boot that C&J makes for BB; am thinking of buying anther cordovan boot and have been quoted what seems like a decent price on it.
350


I was able to see the Walnut Shell Strands and Daltons today at Allen Edmonds in San Francisco. The color itself is a bit darker than Whiskey but still very nice. The quality of the finished product is what you would expect from AE. I had already ordered a pair of the Strands and decided to stick with the order after having seen them in person. I ended speaking with the assistant manager of the store (Keven) about a possible MTO group buy. I really like their new Fifth Street balmoral boot and think it would be awesome to have it done in their Brown Shell Cordovan with a natural or antiqued edge trim. I'll post in the AE appreciation thread and see if there is any interest in having this made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post

Thanks again for the tip. Not sure if they will honor the price, but at least I have an order number because of your suggestion.


I hope they own their mistake and do the right thing by their customers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread