or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread - Page 129

post #1921 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

I decided just a week ago I was done with boots but I jumped on these. I love my 2 other pairs of C&J boots and whiskey shell...well I couldn't resist. Hopefully these fit like my 2 other pairs which are both marked 9D US...I think they should. Different last though.

Likely that I would have jumped on them if I didn't just get my Harlechs. Glad they're going to a good home.
post #1922 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

I decided just a week ago I was done with boots but I jumped on these. I love my 2 other pairs of C&J boots and whiskey shell...well I couldn't resist. Hopefully these fit like my 2 other pairs which are both marked 9D US...I think they should. Different last though.

Good call. If I hadn't just grabbed yours, I would have jumped on these.
post #1923 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

Likely that I would have jumped on them if I didn't just get my Harlechs. Glad they're going to a good home.

yeah those Whiskey Harlechs are awesome. I have the Peal Boot (cap toe) and the Lindrick (wingtip) and I always go back and forth what style I would want if I found a whiskey boot. I think the tiebreaker came last week when my wife noted my LIndricks and she said "wow - those are really nice". So wingtip is is smile.gif
post #1924 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

kopped the 600 and 605. ill use the satin for casual shell pair and 600 for dressier versions. now to figure out how to remove water spots from used pairs of carmina, vass, and trickers
600 should be good enough my friend.
post #1925 of 3044

Dressing up the Marlow's yesterday:photo image_zpsms7rrdyb.jpeg 

post #1926 of 3044
A while back, when I was buying my RL Marlow PTB by C&J, I found myself right between the 8.5 and 9. Ultimately, based on how they both fit, I felt the 9's were a safer choice and went with those.

Now I am looking to buy the new Peal & Co (Brooks Brothers) by C&J short wing blucher. Once again I find myself between the 8.5 and the 9. But in this case I am leaning towards the 8.5. I know the lasts are different between these and the Marlows, and that those have a storm welt and these don't. Not being too familiar with C&J lasts, can someone tell me if it makes sense that I went with 9 (TTS) in the Marlow and 8.5 in the BB short wing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
post #1927 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

A while back, when I was buying my RL Marlow PTB by C&J, I found myself right between the 8.5 and 9. Ultimately, based on how they both fit, I felt the 9's were a safer choice and went with those.

Now I am looking to buy the new Peal & Co (Brooks Brothers) by C&J short wing blucher. Once again I find myself between the 8.5 and the 9. But in this case I am leaning towards the 8.5. I know the lasts are different between these and the Marlows, and that those have a storm welt and these don't. Not being too familiar with C&J lasts, can someone tell me if it makes sense that I went with 9 (TTS) in the Marlow and 8.5 in the BB short wing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.


Here is the thread for that question.

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/514263/crockett-and-jones-for-brooks-brothers-cordovan-boots-and-shoes/15

 

Thanks.

post #1928 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

A while back, when I was buying my RL Marlow PTB by C&J, I found myself right between the 8.5 and 9. Ultimately, based on how they both fit, I felt the 9's were a safer choice and went with those.

Now I am looking to buy the new Peal & Co (Brooks Brothers) by C&J short wing blucher. Once again I find myself between the 8.5 and the 9. But in this case I am leaning towards the 8.5. I know the lasts are different between these and the Marlows, and that those have a storm welt and these don't. Not being too familiar with C&J lasts, can someone tell me if it makes sense that I went with 9 (TTS) in the Marlow and 8.5 in the BB short wing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

 

We may be foot twins b/c that's what I did.  I ordered the 9d peal s'wings. I found that I got too much heel slippage so returned them. I am waiting on some 8.5s, which "should" work (fingers xrossed). I found the peals too long compared to the Marlows. I wear a 9d in the marlows, too. 

post #1929 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy View Post

A while back, when I was buying my RL Marlow PTB by C&J, I found myself right between the 8.5 and 9. Ultimately, based on how they both fit, I felt the 9's were a safer choice and went with those.

Now I am looking to buy the new Peal & Co (Brooks Brothers) by C&J short wing blucher. Once again I find myself between the 8.5 and the 9. But in this case I am leaning towards the 8.5. I know the lasts are different between these and the Marlows, and that those have a storm welt and these don't. Not being too familiar with C&J lasts, can someone tell me if it makes sense that I went with 9 (TTS) in the Marlow and 8.5 in the BB short wing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

If you're in between sizes on one last then sure it wouldn't surprise me if you sized down on a different last. Everyone has different experiences with these things.
post #1930 of 3044

Allen Edmonds Walnut Shell Cordovan Semi-Brogue on the 5-Last.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

-Mike

post #1931 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

 

We may be foot twins b/c that's what I did.  I ordered the 9d peal s'wings. I found that I got too much heel slippage so returned them. I am waiting on some 8.5s, which "should" work (fingers xrossed). I found the peals too long compared to the Marlows. I wear a 9d in the marlows, too. 

 

hey that's cool.  just beware that you may find the 8.5's snugger that you'd expect for only a half size down.  For me they are wearable, but a bit snugger than I like.  Nevertheless I will probably keep them (since they are such stunners), and the 9's were definitely too long - too much slippage.

post #1932 of 3044

 

post #1933 of 3044
Gentlemen, there is a beautiful navy cordovan LWB makeup languishing in the GMTO section of Carmina's web site. I think we need a few more joiners in the next 24 hours or it gets canceled. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mto-shoes
post #1934 of 3044
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Gentlemen, there is a beautiful navy cordovan LWB makeup languishing in the GMTO section of Carmina's web site. I think we need a few more joiners in the next 24 hours or it gets canceled. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/mto-shoes


If I've been reading the forums correctly, you've been waiting on that Navy Shell peppercorn78.  Can't help you on this, out of my budget for today, but hope things come through for you.  Good Luck.

post #1935 of 3044

C&J for BB:

photo IMG_0459_zpstn85xnyh.jpg

 

Happy Monday!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread