or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett) - Page 486

post #7276 of 7828
I take Barrie size for Lindrick and find it is roomier than Barrie.
post #7277 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicaddict View Post

As I saw some of the Lindrick's owner says it seems like Barrie Last (need to be half size down), that's why I'm wondering a 9.5D or 10D. Thanks a lot homer:cheers:

well different people have different experiences. I can say for me

8.5D Trubalance (Indy boots)
9D Lindrick
9D C&J for BB (240 last I believe)
8.5E AE 1 last (oxfords)
9D AE and Rancourt handsewn loafers

all work for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I take Barrie size for Lindrick and find it is roomier than Barrie.

but others are different!

one thing may be others comparing Barrie lasted shoes and boots. I found 8.5D Barrie shoes to not be great for me, but for boots a bit extra room is ok as they lace tighter. so...shrug.
post #7278 of 7828

Brannock - 8.25D roughly, higher instep on my left foot and have pretty narrow heels

 

Lindrick 8D - Fits great with a mid-heavy sock

Barrie shoes 7.5D - Fits well with a light-mid sock

Barrie Boots 8D - Fits great with a mid-heavy sock (I find the Lindrick has more room in most of the boot but less in the toe compared to Barrie boots in the same size)

AE 5 last 8.5D - Fits well all around

AE 5 last 8D - mainly have to wear a thin dress sock

AE 1 last 8.5D - Fits well all around

Rancourt loafer 8D - Fits snug sockless

post #7279 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

well different people have different experiences. I can say for me

8.5D Trubalance (Indy boots)
9D Lindrick
9D C&J for BB (240 last I believe)
8.5E AE 1 last (oxfords)
9D AE and Rancourt handsewn 235,000.
all work for me
but others are different!

one thing may be others comparing Barrie lasted shoes and boots. I found 8.5D Barrie shoes to not be great for me, but for boots a bit extra room is ok as they lace tighter. so...shrug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post

well different people have different experiences. I can say for me

8.5D Trubalance (Indy boots)
9D Lindrick
9D C&J for BB (240 last I believe)
8.5E AE 1 last (oxfords)
9D AE and Rancourt handsewn loafers

all work for me
but others are different!

one thing may be others comparing Barrie lasted shoes and boots. I found 8.5D Barrie shoes to not be great for me, but for boots a bit extra room is ok as they lace tighter. so...shrug.
I agree. I said what I take, you said he "most likely" should go TTS, which is not, I think, the more common experience. If that's what works for you, I can't argue.
post #7280 of 7828
Rhett in the wild pictures ..

I go TTS in the entire RL Marlow line. My 2 cents. Cost me a hell of a lot to come to this eventually ... I find the US manufactures do a better job in addressing sizing than this forum.shog[1].gif
post #7281 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I take Barrie size for Lindrick and find it is roomier than Barrie.

my feet as well

where are people finding lindricks? I thought they were gone
post #7282 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Rhett in the wild pictures ..

I go TTS in the entire RL Marlow line. My 2 cents. Cost me a hell of a lot to come to this eventually ... I find the US manufactures do a better job in addressing sizing than this forum.shog[1].gif
. You've said this before which I take to mean that you think Ralph Lauren creates consistent sizing true to Brannock across a range of various shoes by different manufacturers. I haven't found this to be the case. I have Ralph Lauren branded shoes in 8, 8.5, and 9. Again your experience and mine may just vary.
post #7283 of 7828
Relative to the C&J only...
post #7284 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

my feet as well

where are people finding lindricks? I thought they were gone

I'm assuming he meant on ebay or b/s where you do see them pop up from time to time
post #7285 of 7828
Grain Lindricks. Not cordovan.
post #7286 of 7828
^^^ F'n Hawt.
post #7287 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Brannock - 8.25D roughly, higher instep on my left foot and have pretty narrow heels

Lindrick 8D - Fits great with a mid-heavy sock
Barrie shoes 7.5D - Fits well with a light-mid sock
Barrie Boots 8D - Fits great with a mid-heavy sock (I find the Lindrick has more room in most of the boot but less in the toe compared to Barrie boots in the same size)
AE 5 last 8.5D - Fits well all around
AE 5 last 8D - mainly have to wear a thin dress sock
AE 1 last 8.5D - Fits well all around
Rancourt loafer 8D - Fits snug sockless

We are almost identical in sizing. I prefer Barrie Boots in 7.5E with a mid weight sock, I could likely do a 7.5E shoe with thinner socks; I recall the LWB in that size fit me perfectly.

If Lindrick is on the same last as the Marlow WT, which I believe it is, the Marlow fit me perfectly in a size 8.5D it I recall. Haven't tried a Lindrick yet, but would likely go for 8D since they seem to have more room on the same last than the Marlow.
post #7288 of 7828
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post


We are almost identical in sizing. I prefer Barrie Boots in 7.5E with a mid weight sock, I could likely do a 7.5E shoe with thinner socks; I recall the LWB in that size fit me perfectly.

If Lindrick is on the same last as the Marlow WT, which I believe it is, the Marlow fit me perfectly in a size 8.5D it I recall. Haven't tried a Lindrick yet, but would likely go for 8D since they seem to have more room on the same last than the Marlow.

 

 I have yet to get a chance to try out the 7.5E Barrie boots but I suspect I will like the size just as you do. In a shoe the 7.5E Barrie shoes would probably give me too much room in the heel, this of course is less of an issue in boots.

post #7289 of 7828

Marlow PTBs in their natural environment (under my desk):

 

TwTFx46.jpg
post #7290 of 7828
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)