or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 306

post #4576 of 5951

don't hate me guys :), but need some opinions on these McCallums from last December that came in buggered.. I know, I know... stop taking about them lol

 

 

SO, RL confirmed tonight they cannot ship straight back to C&J. My RL sales rep was awesome, and if I could, I'd paypal him a bonus for his great client service IMO

 

C&J has ignored my last email showing the pics of the lackluster shell, so I'm at a loss there.

 

RL has offered a return (at the current discounted price (roughly $375 IIRC)), with the option to rebuy in the future if they pop back up in the fall at the original discounted price (IIRC $580 or so)

 

or keep them at the current <deeply> discounted price of $375ish, plus a $25 RL gift card.

 

 

that's where I stand.. what would you guys do? I'm not short for shoes, so I haven't bothered with them too much, but RL customer service has tried their best but is at a loss at this point..

 

I'm still tossing around the B Nelson route also. figure some metal taps at the same time..

 

thanks for ideas.. sorry for the drag on about them.. I forget about them, then move a pile of clothes and uncover the blue box..

 

 

I'd also be willing to entertain sending to a SF member that might be good with refinishing, if someone had a recc... 

 

thanks in advance!

post #4577 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

don't hate me guys :), but need some opinions on these McCallums from last December that came in buggered.. I know, I know... stop taking about them lol

 

 

SO, RL confirmed tonight they cannot ship straight back to C&J. My RL sales rep was awesome, and if I could, I'd paypal him a bonus for his great client service IMO

 

C&J has ignored my last email showing the pics of the lackluster shell, so I'm at a loss there.

 

RL has offered a return (at the current discounted price (roughly $375 IIRC)), with the option to rebuy in the future if they pop back up in the fall at the original discounted price (IIRC $580 or so)

 

or keep them at the current <deeply> discounted price of $375ish, plus a $25 RL gift card.

 

 

that's where I stand.. what would you guys do? I'm not short for shoes, so I haven't bothered with them too much, but RL customer service has tried their best but is at a loss at this point..

 

I'm still tossing around the B Nelson route also. figure some metal taps at the same time..

 

thanks for ideas.. sorry for the drag on about them.. I forget about them, then move a pile of clothes and uncover the blue box..

 

 

I'd also be willing to entertain sending to a SF member that might be good with refinishing, if someone had a recc... 

 

thanks in advance!


Doesn't sound like you've been happy with them in their current condition. Unless your happy with something it's just not worth keeping. If you keep them you'll probably just regret doing so in the long run. Best to return them and possibly get another pair even at a higher rate later on. Always better to pay a higher rate and be satisfied with the overall result.

post #4578 of 5951
^+1. I'd get my money back if I were you. Something better will eventually come along.
post #4579 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Doesn't sound like you've been happy with them in their current condition. Unless your happy with something it's just not worth keeping. If you keep them you'll probably just regret doing so in the long run. Best to return them and possibly get another pair even at a higher rate later on. Always better to pay a higher rate and be satisfied with the overall result.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^+1. I'd get my money back if I were you. Something better will eventually come along.

 

gracias for the feedback.

 

after my post earlier, I got bored, so I reno'd almost all of the edge dressing overapplication on the inside of the shoes off (towel looked horrible after) and then lightly reno'd the whole shoe. after a good brush and buff, they look a lot better then before. I should have just sucked it up and did it from the break.

 

I'll keep them now, and will still hopefully hear from RL this week (I asked the supervisor to make sure that the direct supervisor over top my CSA tonight contacted me so I could give some great feedback)

 

once I wear these a couple times, and they haze up a bit like all my other shell, I'm sure I'll be fine. 

 

at $375, I'll make sure I'm fine.

 

thanks again for everyone listening and responding to my gripes. was just bummed that I was zero for 1 on my first C&J purchase. I won't let this stop me from buying again, but sadly I'm sure I'll be paying more lol

 

thx again

post #4580 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

 

 

gracias for the feedback.

 

after my post earlier, I got bored, so I reno'd almost all of the edge dressing overapplication on the inside of the shoes off (towel looked horrible after) and then lightly reno'd the whole shoe. after a good brush and buff, they look a lot better then before. I should have just sucked it up and did it from the break.

 

I'll keep them now, and will still hopefully hear from RL this week (I asked the supervisor to make sure that the direct supervisor over top my CSA tonight contacted me so I could give some great feedback)

 

once I wear these a couple times, and they haze up a bit like all my other shell, I'm sure I'll be fine. 

 

at $375, I'll make sure I'm fine.

 

thanks again for everyone listening and responding to my gripes. was just bummed that I was zero for 1 on my first C&J purchase. I won't let this stop me from buying again, but sadly I'm sure I'll be paying more lol

 

thx again


Saphir Reno is a good product, however when shell is dry I've had a lot of luck with Saphir Neutral Cordovan Cream. The cream is really good for moisturizing the shoe. Reno can really dry a shoe out.

post #4581 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


Saphir Reno is a good product, however when shell is dry I've had a lot of luck with Saphir Neutral Cordovan Cream. The cream is really good for moisturizing the shoe. Reno can really dry a shoe out.

 

thanks for the tip, I'll have to grab some. I'm not usually a reno fan, moreso VSC, but was bored tonight and wanted to see what the reno would do to remove the over application of black edge dressing.

 

will grab some neutral cream this week. thanks!

post #4582 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post


Saphir Reno is a good product, however when shell is dry I've had a lot of luck with Saphir Neutral Cordovan Cream. The cream is really good for moisturizing the shoe. Reno can really dry a shoe out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

thanks for the tip, I'll have to grab some. I'm not usually a reno fan, moreso VSC, but was bored tonight and wanted to see what the reno would do to remove the over application of black edge dressing.

will grab some neutral cream this week. thanks!

+1 on this, find the creme a lot better. I think they make a dark brown version too that may work in evening out the chukka color
post #4583 of 5951

Took my Lindricks out to the mall today lol, fist time outside of the house or office. I love them and have a size 8D and it seems like my right foot fits it like a 7.75 and my left fits like a 7.5. I am not sure sizing down to a 7.5 would fix my fit as they both fit well in the toe width but I end up with some extra volume around the vamp and ankles. Thinking I might try a small insole to try and take up a small a bit of volume in the boot.

 

Tricky fit on my foot, seems I could have valued from a combination D/B last. Maybe my feet are made for Aldens, I still need a pair of them :tounge: 

post #4584 of 5951
Thread Starter 
KwL, check out the brown cordovan creme from Reno. Doesn't condition as much as it does fill-in/even-out the color. Give it a shot. As long as the shoes don't crease, they will appear new as they can't look worse than they do now. Experiment and keep us posted. Also a member in alden thread stripped the finish on his alden shell maybe you can do the same and fill in? I don't know if it works for sure but it can't look worse and RL will still offer refund in sure.

If you're hesitant, sell me yor chukkas and I'll try it out. I'm feeling adventorous, im wearing my alden blue suede chukkas that were once white!
post #4585 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

KwL, check out the brown cordovan creme from Reno. Doesn't condition as much as it does fill-in/even-out the color. Give it a shot. As long as the shoes don't crease, they will appear new as they can't look worse than they do now. Experiment and keep us posted. Also a member in alden thread stripped the finish on his alden shell maybe you can do the same and fill in? I don't know if it works for sure but it can't look worse and RL will still offer refund in sure.

If you're hesitant, sell me yor chukkas and I'll try it out. I'm feeling adventorous, im wearing my alden blue suede chukkas that were once white!

 

good to know, I'll look into them..

 

 I grabbed a quick pic on this overcast day and I'm quite happy with them so far. this is after a very light reno treatment last night.

 

post #4586 of 5951
Thread Starter 
they look great move on and enjoy. note though the brown shell does lighten ime
post #4587 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

they look great move on and enjoy. note though the brown shell does lighten ime

 

yea I figured it would lighten, my alden cigar chukkas have and they have seen heavy use.

 

At this point, these McCallums may become my bar boots with dark denim and just get the shit kicked out of them..

 

and unrelated but now that I canceled my mouldedshoe preorder, I have more monies to blow :slayer:

post #4588 of 5951
Thread Starter 
^ i hear yah. I sold off the jcrew captoe boot and replaced with wolverine 744 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4589 of 5951
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 

 

yea I figured it would lighten, my alden cigar chukkas have and they have seen heavy use.

 

At this point, these McCallums may become my bar boots with dark denim and just get the shit kicked out of them..

 

and unrelated but now that I canceled my mouldedshoe preorder, I have more monies to blow :slayer:

There are plenty of refinishing/patina services out there as a last resort. Someone here had a pretty noticeable blemish on AS whiskey monks and got them patina'd, and they look much better than the first qualities.

post #4590 of 5951
Looks good. Should have reno'd away months ago!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)