or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 270

post #4036 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Man up and keep both. You know you wanna ;-)
Man, I wish I could! But I have a few shoes/boots on order and having two dark brown boots seem a tad redundant to me.
Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm leaning towards keeping the Lindricks.
post #4037 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post



Guys, if you could only keep one, which one would it be???

Apples to apples - Lindrick (and apologies to Namor who is being blinded by new-shell light into thinking Gianni is 'the one'). But Shouldaville's point to take "whichever one fits you best" is a better approach.
post #4038 of 6296
Thread Starter 
Gianni - everyone makes a wingtip and no one else makes a sleek mocktoe.
post #4039 of 6296

In my case, I picked the Lindrick's. My first reaction to moctoes is that they are hideous, even moreso when they get worn-in. My girlfriend and my roommates share the same opinion about moctoe shoes, especially Indy boots. However, I really regret not buying the gianni. Only when I saw namor's pics did the gianni's start to grow on me and now I think they are beautiful. But if I could only pick one, I don't wanna spend $700 on shoes that don't look good initially. I want a universal stunner.

 

I also have two other boots on order. They don't present the same value ($450 off retail price for gianni's) but they are better looking boots so I picked those. I am a sucker for a good sale though so maybe that is what is affecting my opinion of the gianni's. 


Edited by meowmix1891 - 11/9/13 at 6:22pm
post #4040 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Gianni - everyone makes a wingtip and no one else makes a sleek mocktoe.

Not to quibble, but there might be a reason for this.

I'm all for something different, variations, subtle differences; but while the Gianni is made of fantastic materials, it's design just doesn't seem to ring. My .02, but differences in appreciation are what make the world go 'round.
post #4041 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Not to quibble, but there might be a reason for this.

I'm all for something different, variations, subtle differences; but while the Gianni is made of fantastic materials, it's design just doesn't seem to ring. My .02, but differences in appreciation are what make the world go 'round.

Hey the good news is we all have different tastes and preferences and thus it is easier to get what we individually like.

-Mike
post #4042 of 6296
Thread Starter 
I'm perfectly content being in the minority here. Admittedly I spend more time deciding between chicken or beef than I did "gianni or Lindrick"
post #4043 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandchau View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Man up and keep both. You know you wanna ;-)
Man, I wish I could! But I have a few shoes/boots on order and having two dark brown boots seem a tad redundant to me.
Thanks for the replies, guys! I'm leaning towards keeping the Lindricks.

Your basic problem is thinking that having two dark brown boots is redundant.
post #4044 of 6296
I'm curious if people would react differently to the Gianni if were a split toe instead of a moc toe. For some reason a lot of people prefer the look of split toe boots over moc toe boots when they are basically the same thing. For example, over on the Alden thread people go bonkers over sleek split toe boots, and people seem to react well to my split toe shoes.

That said, Lindrick over Gianni fi you have to choose one as the wingtip pattern looks great in RL's brown cordovan
post #4045 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I'm curious if people would react differently to the Gianni if were a split toe instead of a moc toe. For some reason a lot of people prefer the look of split toe boots over moc toe boots when they are basically the same thing. For example, over on the Alden thread people go bonkers over sleek split toe boots, and people seem to react well to my split toe shoes.

That said, Lindrick over Gianni fi you have to choose one as the wingtip pattern looks great in RL's brown cordovan


I just think it needs a heel counter to balance the forefoot.
post #4046 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I'm curious if people would react differently to the Gianni if were a split toe instead of a moc toe. For some reason a lot of people prefer the look of split toe boots over moc toe boots when they are basically the same thing. For example, over on the Alden thread people go bonkers over sleek split toe boots, and people seem to react well to my split toe shoes.

Whoa, hold on there. I'm entirely opposite - the split toe kills anything for me. Seriously, it's one of those details that just bothers me. Every time I see a split toe I think "why did they ruin it?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post

I just think it needs a heel counter to balance the forefoot.

You mean like on the JL Chambord II boots? You may be right:

post #4047 of 6296

I agree. Split toe is the worst. There are a lot of styles on here where I'm like.."hmm, I can see why people find that cool.". But split toe is one of those styles that I just can't understand.

post #4048 of 6296

For forum member that picked up the Giannis.  I missed the sale but out of curiosity what was the sale price?  Does the Marlow Wingtip go on sale?  I'm eying those as my next pair, but would prefer to pay less if I could.

post #4049 of 6296
I didn't understand split toe until I saw EG Dover
post #4050 of 6296
Quote:
Originally Posted by huangster View Post

For forum member that picked up the Giannis.  I missed the sale but out of curiosity what was the sale price?  Does the Marlow Wingtip go on sale?  I'm eying those as my next pair, but would prefer to pay less if I could.

650 ish + tax on the Gianni. The marlow sometimes goes on sale, but I think it has not been included the past 2.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)