or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 229

post #3421 of 6078
Aside from maybe a few 1 hour wears indoors, the best way to really break in Marlow wingtips is to wear them hard and often, kind of like denim. I remember breaking in my first pair, it felt terrible for the first few days but the shoes eventually molded to my feet. After 100 plus wears, the soles are still in outstanding shape. I wear 10D in the Marlow wingtips and 9.5E in Barrie; 10D eventually softened up and worked well for me. That said, I was defeated by 10D penny loafers and had to sell them.

The shoes seem like they will never require any kind of resole/recraft. The only thing I could maybe consider would be adding metal taps to the toe before wearing outdoors. I am thinking about passing down my well worn pair and starting a new pair. I really prefer their look to the closest Alden analogue (cigar LWB).
post #3422 of 6078

Does anyone know a retailer in the DC area that carries the wingtips?  I want to try them on as I see the sizing is a question mark. Some say to go with your barrie size others say to go bigger. 

post #3423 of 6078
BB for Peal for CJ (cross post, inspired by Namor)

post #3424 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Aside from maybe a few 1 hour wears indoors, the best way to really break in Marlow wingtips is to wear them hard and often.
I couldn't agree with you more sir.
post #3425 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Outstanding acquisition sir. Either way you were going to be a winner. If you take good care your 975's will last decades. Post some pics ASAP.

Here they are on their maiden voyage on an estate outside of Stockholm:

post #3426 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post

BB for Peal for CJ (cross post, inspired by Namor)

Outstanding picture! I love this boot. I like the C&J #8 colour better than the darker Alden #8
post #3427 of 6078
so my lindrick laces are shot ... i called customer service and they dont have replacement laces -__-

have you guys received replacement laces from somewhere??? good alternative?
post #3428 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJReilly View Post

Here they are on their maiden voyage on an estate outside of Stockholm:

They are absolutely awesome IJR. Your feet look happy. The bar lacing works very well. Wear them in good health.
post #3429 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJReilly View Post

Here they are on their maiden voyage on an estate outside of Stockholm:


Very nice , awesome shade.
post #3430 of 6078
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitedge View Post

BB for Peal for CJ (cross post, inspired by Namor)


Wow. I happen to be wearing my pair and they look like poo compared to yours. Wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

I couldn't agree with you more sir.
+1
post #3431 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

so my lindrick laces are shot ... i called customer service and they dont have replacement laces -__-

have you guys received replacement laces from somewhere??? good alternative?
Allen Edmonds carries a wide variety of 54in boot laces.
post #3432 of 6078
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJReilly View Post

Here they are on their maiden voyage on an estate outside of Stockholm:


This is really cool. For a second I thought they were a dark Marlow wingtip
post #3433 of 6078
Thread Starter 
post #3434 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Nice boots NAMOR.
post #3435 of 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

Does anyone know a retailer in the DC area that carries the wingtips?  I want to try them on as I see the sizing is a question mark. Some say to go with your barrie size others say to go bigger. 

RL boutique in Tysons Galleria had them, Georgetown should as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)