or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 222

post #3316 of 5785
Just got a good deal on a resale of the Marlow penny loafer from a forum member. Couple of things:

1) They are a lot nicer in person. I mean a lot nicer.
2) I took my Barrie size in these since i'm in between sizes. I have the lindrick in a 9.5 (also my Barrie size) and had to put in an insole and they're tied quite tight
3) My right foot is a tad larger then left and I have skinny heels. My left foot is a perfect fit, the right is snug (not much room between the vamp and toes), but i'm assuming I want this fit in a loafer (right?!??!).
4) The double leather sole is like cement. These are going to take a while to break in.
post #3317 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

Just got a good deal on a resale of the Marlow penny loafer from a forum member. Couple of things:

4) The double leather sole is like cement. These are going to take a while to break in.
They will take really long time to break in.
post #3318 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post



They will take really long time to break in.

 



At 160lbs, they may never break in
post #3319 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

Just got a good deal on a resale of the Marlow penny loafer from a forum member. Couple of things:

1) They are a lot nicer in person. I mean a lot nicer.
2) I took my Barrie size in these since i'm in between sizes. I have the lindrick in a 9.5 (also my Barrie size) and had to put in an insole and they're tied quite tight
3) My right foot is a tad larger then left and I have skinny heels. My left foot is a perfect fit, the right is snug (not much room between the vamp and toes), but i'm assuming I want this fit in a loafer (right?!??!).
4) The double leather sole is like cement. These are going to take a while to break in.

See me next year:-)  They take a year at least to break in at twice a week rotation.  I wore mine in a downpour a couple days ago.  Let em dry out, damp wipe down, brush .. bam back to the best looking Penny out there.  These will go to the grave with me I think.  

post #3320 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

See me next year:-)  They take a year at least to break in at twice a week rotation.  I wore mine in a downpour a couple days ago.  Let em dry out, damp wipe down, brush .. bam back to the best looking Penny out there.  These will go to the grave with me I think.  

 



Chip - I know you sized down for your penny. Any concerns after a year with your sizing choice? My right foot is a perfect fit. Almost like a second skin. I'm assuming I want a close fit at first so they don't become flip flops in a couple of years.
post #3321 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post
 
They take a year at least to break in at twice a week rotation.

Agreed.

post #3322 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

See me next year:-)  They take a year at least to break in at twice a week rotation.  I wore mine in a downpour a couple days ago.  Let em dry out, damp wipe down, brush .. bam back to the best looking Penny out there.  These will go to the grave with me I think.  

 



Chip - I know you sized down for your penny. Any concerns after a year with your sizing choice? My right foot is a perfect fit. Almost like a second skin. I'm assuming I want a close fit at first so they don't become flip flops in a couple of years.
+1 this has been my experience with shell loafers throughout the many years. Go tight within reason and eventually shell does give and makes the killer loafer be it tassel or penny for,the LONG HAUL.
post #3323 of 5785
Thread Starter 
hrmm. i sized down 1/2 size from true size with my van lasted loafers. im feeling tightness across the vamp. you guys think that will give? good everywhere else
post #3324 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

hrmm. i sized down 1/2 size from true size with my van lasted loafers. im feeling tightness across the vamp. you guys think that will give? good everywhere else
Namor .. Your good to go as long as you have appropriate toe room, as in not cramped length wise.... rather up close and personal to the front of the toe box, u know .. Loafer fit.. . Don't sweat the vamp .. It will conform to your individual foot shape. Regards...
post #3325 of 5785
Thread Starter 
Thanks sir. I think I'm good to go then
post #3326 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

hrmm. i sized down 1/2 size from true size with my van lasted loafers. im feeling tightness across the vamp. you guys think that will give? good everywhere else

I have the same issue with my Allen Edmonds Patriots in calf. I wore them probably 10 times, but it didn't seem like it was getting better. I stopped wearing them.
post #3327 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

I have the same issue with my Allen Edmonds Patriots in calf. I wore them probably 10 times, but it didn't seem like it was getting better. I stopped wearing them.
Thank you Winston .. Now go post this critical Alden info in the AE icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3328 of 5785
1
Edited by edubs01 - 9/14/13 at 6:30pm
post #3329 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post



Namor .. Your good to go as long as you have appropriate toe room, as in not cramped length wise.... rather up close and personal to the front of the toe box, u know .. Loafer fit.. . Don't sweat the vamp .. It will conform to your individual foot shape. Regards...

 



Noticed that my whole big toe touches the top of the loafer. Is this normal and will this give?
post #3330 of 5785
Quote:
Originally Posted by katch View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post



Namor .. Your good to go as long as you have appropriate toe room, as in not cramped length wise.... rather up close and personal to the front of the toe box, u know .. Loafer fit.. . Don't sweat the vamp .. It will conform to your individual foot shape. Regards...

 



Noticed that my whole big toe touches the top of the loafer. Is this normal and will this give?
Yes .. Give it time. Bitch to break shoe .. But .. When done .. Lifetime loafer ..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)