or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum,... - Page 23

post #331 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

They jumped back to $477 ffffuuuu.gif

Indeed. Didn't notice the $357 until just after customer service phone lines shut. Called for adjustment today hoping to get my $90 or so back. "Sir, they are $477 in the system now."
post #332 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Still no shipping confirmation on yesterday's order.

even in normal time (not w/ the high volume of sales) RL sometimes takes ~48 hours to send the shipping confirmations...i wouldn't panic yet
post #333 of 5783
My Lindricks are scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow... hope they fit. I had to go a half size larger than I wanted, if they don't I will post here - 9.5.
post #334 of 5783
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

My Lindricks are scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow... hope they fit. I had to go a half size larger than I wanted, if they don't I will post here - 9.5.

congrats man. 50/50 they fit but should they be too big, im sure you wont have an issue selling them
post #335 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

No problem, sir. I'm glad you were able to grab yourself a pair. Yeah I appreciate the Horween stamp because I don't get it very often. I've owned about 50 pairs of shell shoes and got the stamp only a handful of times. Like pebblegrain mentioned unlined loafer feature the stamp more regularly. We're your loafers unlined? The stamp is much more common on unlined loafers. In either case, it sounds like you are set I the loafer dept fing02[1].gif

Wait, just saw this... you wrote 50, did you mean 5 though? 50. Beggars belief...
post #336 of 5783
Anyone have any experience returning shoes to RL? Wore mine indoors for 3 days and think they are too small. Also appears to be a defect in the insole --- it is already peeling. The soles show some minimal wear, but the shoes could not be resold as new. Anyone know if RL will accept a return?
post #337 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

^ sucks bro was that for the tassels?
i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock
i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, I'm curious as well.

I got the penny loafers same size as wingtips, and they feel like a good fit (e.g. doubt I could go down another 1/2 size), but I get a little heel slippage. Should I expect that slippage to minimize over time?
post #338 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9dream View Post

Anyone have any experience returning shoes to RL? Wore mine indoors for 3 days and think they are too small. Also appears to be a defect in the insole --- it is already peeling. The soles show some minimal wear, but the shoes could not be resold as new. Anyone know if RL will accept a return?

Yes, they will take them back. I bought a pair of the penny loafers in store, size 9, that I thought would work as the 9.5's were loose. After wearing around the house one day, I decided they were too small and returned them to the store the next day and exchanged for the 9.5's.

No questions were asked, the ones I returned had creases so I am not sure they could be sold as new, the soles looked new though. They were on display on the sales floor before I purchased them so I did not feel to bad. I also bought some Marlow wingtips at the same time that were size 9.5, they are beautiful shoes.
post #339 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm31 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

^ sucks bro was that for the tassels?
i received my 8.5 tassels today and they look the same as the 8.5 pennys, but i am getting a lot of heel slippage in them that i dont with the pennys. even considering going down to size 8 but logic would say that is too small since i am a normal 9 brannock
i know someone mentioned that overtime and wear, the loafers will fit better ... can anyone else confirm this?

Yes, I'm curious as well.

I got the penny loafers same size as wingtips, and they feel like a good fit (e.g. doubt I could go down another 1/2 size), but I get a little heel slippage. Should I expect that slippage to minimize over time?

apparently the heel slippage will subside over time cuz the soles are thick. i dunno though. oh well i cna just use a heel insert. for 303 i cant complain TOO much and the half size down is now gone and back to regular price so dont want to try and exchange now
post #340 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

apparently the heel slippage will subside over time cuz the soles are thick. i dunno though. oh well i cna just use a heel insert. for 303 i cant complain TOO much and the half size down is now gone and back to regular price so dont want to try and exchange now

OK.

So going back to my assumption above that I probably can't size down, I'm wondering about that now. Right now, with reasonably thin dress socks, I can fit my index finger behind my heel (though it's tight). Does that suggest I could/should size down?
post #341 of 5783
yeah that sounds like a lot

i guess i could put a finger in (thats what she said) but it would be really really tight and would make my toebox uncomfortable
post #342 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post

yeah that sounds like a lot
i guess i could put a finger in (thats what she said) but it would be really really tight and would make my toebox uncomfortable

Not following you on the last sentence. Can you rephrase?
post #343 of 5783
If you had to choose to keep one - would it be the Lindrick boot or Marlow wingtips?
post #344 of 5783
lindrick

meaning if i were to stick a finger at the heel, it would squish my toes towards the front and become uncomfortable.. if you can push your foot forward without being too uncomfortable then you should size down.
post #345 of 5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9dream View Post

Anyone have any experience returning shoes to RL? Wore mine indoors for 3 days and think they are too small. Also appears to be a defect in the insole --- it is already peeling. The soles show some minimal wear, but the shoes could not be resold as new. Anyone know if RL will accept a return?

What size and style ya talking bout? smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post

If you had to choose to keep one - would it be the Lindrick boot or Marlow wingtips?

No question, Lindrick. Its like the megatron Marlow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rhett)